Beaumont Central 21 Nederland 17/FINAL

WOSgrad

Congratulations to my Jaguars.  Before the game I had no doubt of what this group of young men could do.  We had some tough losses to Port Arthur Memorial and Vidor and EVERYONE that didn't wear maroon and grey was counting us out.  EVERYONE!  They showed tonight what I been trying to tell everyone, we are a pretty sound and balanced team that will make the playoffs.  And this group of coaches, did something that hadn't been done in a while, beat Nederland.  

Nederland has NOTHING to hang their heads about.  #3 had at least 150 yards between the 20's but when he got in the redzone, we found a way to slow him down.  The kid is quick and our safety's probably were our leading tacklers tonight.  For some reason seems like the Bulldog coaching staff went away from him late in the game.  #22 was held in check for most of the night.  He had a short catch that he broke some tackles on for the tieing TD but for the most part "The No Fly Zone" was in full affect.  #51 On the D-line is an animal.

With Lumberton, PN-G, Livingston and Lee left, we are back in the thick of things...

27 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Congratulations to my Jaguars.  Before the game I had no doubt of what this group of young men could do.  We had some tough losses to Port Arthur Memorial and Vidor and EVERYONE that didn't wear maroon and grey was counting us out.  EVERYONE!  They showed tonight what I been trying to tell everyone, we are a pretty sound and balanced team that will make the playoffs.  And this group of coaches, did something that hadn't been done in a while, beat Nederland.  

Nederland has NOTHING to hang their heads about.  #3 had at least 150 yards between the 20's but when he got in the redzone, we found a way to slow him down.  The kid is quick and our safety's probably were our leading tacklers tonight.  For some reason seems like the Bulldog coaching staff went away from him late in the game.  #22 was held in check for most of the night.  He had a short catch that he broke some tackles on for the tieing TD but for the most part "The No Fly Zone" was in full affect.  #51 On the D-line is an animal.

With Lumberton, PN-G, Livingston and Lee left, we are back in the thick of things...

Simmons was cramping throughout the 4th qtr so missed a couple of series.  Nederland did a lot of damage between the 20s and the had the fumble on the Jag 1 that was a killer.  Nederland defense only allowed 1 first down in the 2nd half until the game winning drive.  Gotta tip your cap to the Jags, they didn't quit and made several big plays on the last drive.  Congrats.  

31 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

With PNG knocking off PA....the PNG Vidor game is gonna be really interesting. The 22-5A playoff race will be pretty crazy down the stretch

Much as I love the Pirates, they've historically had trouble with predominantly passing teams.  I hope they prove me wrong.

3 hours ago, JagMarine95 said:

Thats how we lost to Nederland in the District Championship when i played. Offense was in the redzone 7 times and we only scored 7 pts. And that was on a 60 yard run Devwah Whaley(his sophomore year)

Yea, I was there and witnessed that game.  A 35-24 halftime lead turned into a 38-35 loss...