Port Neches-Groves 44 Port Arthur Memorial 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

17 hours ago, pakronos said:

We have to have the same intensity as the first half... png is still in this

pakronos you hit the nail on the head with this one.

Stattrax is the main PNG fan that at halftime that gave up on the team and coaches and has been absent since then, must be stuffing his face with crow and can’t get back online!

I don't know if anyone posted the stats for this game but I found them very interesting. 

PAM.               PNG

Total yds.                  529.                  438

First downs.             25.                      21

Passing  yds               230.                 285

Passing                13-18-0              14-29-0

Rushing yds           299                    153

Penalties                14-106              3-15

The things that jumped out at me were that 73 of the 285 yards passing were by Riggs, and 125 of the rushing by PNG were by Johnson.  Seemed like he must have been their only run game.  PAM passed for more yards than I expected, based on what people had posted about their passing game.  PAM looks to won the game on yardage and first downs but certainly lost it due to 106 yards on penalties.  

16 minutes ago, Reagan said:

PA News penalty stats:   Memorial15  for 130 yards     PN-G:   3  for 15 yards.  Now, was this a little home cooking?  Or, was the Memorial players undisciplined? 

WOW!! I am sure most PNG fans will say the 3 penalties PNG did get were not penalties! Lol!  That is a pretty big discrepancy.

5 hours ago, OneChance said:

I went back and read this tread and I am really disappointed in the amount of PNG fans giving up on the defense and the team at halftime and think it is funny the PAM fans before the game saying the offense can’t just outscore us and when with the defense PAM has. PNG fans should be apologizing to the defensive boys who held PAM to 6 points in the second half. What about the PNG offense who nobody mentioned, underperformed in the first half. So enough with the Faircloth bashing, better coaches make better halftime adjustments and win games using the entire playbook if that is what it takes. If PAM had that many holding calls, we’ll guess what? That will make your defensive front look bad because you can’t get off the blocks to make the play.

Well said!

24 minutes ago, Reagan said:

PA News penalty stats:   Memorial15  for 130 yards     PN-G:   3  for 15 yards.  Now, was this a little home cooking?  Or, was the Memorial players undisciplined? 

You hit the nail on the head Reagan. Two years in a row PAM ran through our pregame warm up talking garbage. Last year at the 50 and this year in the end zone. This year a coach was actually following the team and did not discourage this activity.  Xbox was on the field pouting all game and then a coach throws himself onto the turf pouting. Grown ups lead by example and we wonder why discipline and penalties cost PAM the game. 

6 minutes ago, Pngdefensedad said:

You hit the nail on the head Reagan. Two years in a row PAM ran through our pregame warm up talking garbage. Last year at the 50 and this year in the end zone. This year a coach was actually following the team and did not discourage this activity.  Xbox was on the field pouting all game and then a coach throws himself onto the turf pouting. Grown ups lead by example and we wonder why discipline and penalties cost PAM the game. 

If PNG had 15 penalties called against them and their opponents had 3 called against them your coaches and fans would be whining too! Stop with all the gamesmanship non-sense! By the way I am just a neutral bystander also.

2 hours ago, OneChance said:

pakronos you hit the nail on the head with this one.

Stattrax is the main PNG fan that at halftime that gave up on the team and coaches and has been absent since then, must be stuffing his face with crow and can’t get back online!

hes at the lake that is why he hasn't been stirring the pot.

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Please, if there is a thread talking bad about PNG, we can be sure to find you there.

Not talking bad. Just fact. This is a forum for anyone to express thier opinions. Sorry PNG doesn’t own the rights to this site. If would bother to read any of my post you would see I have given PNG plenty of respect. Get over yourself!

39 minutes ago, Realville said:

WOW!! I am sure most PNG fans will say the 3 penalties PNG did get were not penalties! Lol!  That is a pretty big discrepancy.

OK now realville, I was rooting for Vidor against Nederland and I will be rooting for y'all against Memorial but you pushing it man LOL we going to have to bust y'all up this  coming week

6 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

OK now realville, I was rooting for Vidor against Nederland and I will be rooting for y'all against Memorial but you pushing it man LOL we going to have to bust y'all up this  coming week

I Love It! Just sitting here watching the Astos game trying to irritate somebody on this forum! Y’all be gentle with us this Friday! We’ll try to make it a good game for y’all.  Lol!

I’m still saying our Defense is weak.  Our DB’ s are very weak in fundamentals of pass coverage. They never find the ball and all they do is chase after the receivers. We are afraid to lay the wood on anyone and try to hand tackle. This goes with not actually tackling in practice. When my sons played a few years ago they never live tackled in practice. You play how you practice!

35 minutes ago, Realville said:

Not talking bad. Just fact. This is a forum for anyone to express thier opinions. Sorry PNG doesn’t own the rights to this site. If would bother to read any of my post you would see I have given PNG plenty of respect. Get over yourself!

Wasn't even trying to imply we own rights. Get over  myself..lol We're fixing to get over Vidor real quick. I can defend my team just like you defend yours. 

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

Wasn't even trying to imply we own rights. Get over  myself..lol We're fixing to get over Vidor real quick. I can defend my team just like you defend yours. 

Oh you funny guy! I promise you if y’all get 15 penalties called on y’all and we get 3 called on us. Y’all will lose you can bank on it! You can defend your team all you want and I’ll call out your ignorance of some of your comments all want. Man I guess they should just cancel the game since you know without a doubt y’all are going to beat us.  Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Realville said:

Oh you funny guy! I promise you if y’all get 15 penalties called on y’all and we get 3 called on us. Y’all will lose you can bank on it! You can defend your team all you want and I’ll call out your ignorance of some of your comments all want. Man I guess they should just cancel the game since you know without a doubt y’all are going to beat us.  Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a guy. A Lady. And you're like a fly buzzing around. Somebody comments and you add your little couple of one liners trying to stir the pot. Like you were there. Acting like sombody is attacking you when they comment on a post of yours. Drama Queen. I'm done. Comment all you want. I'm enjoying the win. Reading all these butt hurt post. Next week! See ya!

13 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Not a guy. A Lady. And you're like a fly buzzing around. Somebody comments and you add your little couple of one liners trying to stir the pot. Like you were there. Acting like sombody is attacking you when they comment on a post of yours. Drama Queen. I'm done. Comment all you want. I'm enjoying the win. Reading all these butt hurt post. Next week! See ya!

Now that was not a  Lady like post!  I Love It! Go get in your safe zone little Indian!   How Funny!!!!!

Penalties played a roll.  Not saying that was the main factor in the game, but the 1st half play calling was totally different than the 2nd half.  We proved that our pass game was effective early and for whatever reason went away from it.  As I stated before, the pass opens up the run and that's what we saw in the 1st half.  We went back to forcing the run in the second half.  The dbs were playing 10 yards off all night and we didn't utilize those receivers properly imo, plus they were playing man D.  My last point pertains to the penalties again.  You can't tell me with D line we have, the PNG Oline didn't hold.  Take any bias out of the equation and ask yourself if you think #9 and #1 for Memorial didn't get held all night. I know refs can call penalties on EVERY single play in high school football on both sides.