Port Neches-Groves 44 Port Arthur Memorial 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

Blah blah blah refs.... blah blah blah not fair... what a great game!!! Congrats to PNG on a hard fought win. 

I am a lifelong Bulldog fan. Tonight we lost.   I'm not crying or blaming the refs.  We were outplayed tonight by a lesser opponent.  That is why the games are play.  ANY GIVEN SUNDAY....

Memorial could have won but spiked the ball on 4th down right near the goal line.  That was not the refs.  That mistake cost them the game.  

Accept responsibility for the loss and move on. 

Good luck Memorial as you move through the rest of the season.  Yall have a great team and should go far!!! This Dog will be pulling for yall throughout the year and in the playoffs!!

well after hitting the club and knocking down a few cold beverages and now am at work, I have come to realize that I owe the PNG Defense some serious apologies, only allowing 6 points in the second half and blocking the extra point at that. Outstanding job fellas, way to come out and make some noise. Although you youngsters still have a lot of work to do from here on out, I must commend you on the 2nd half performance, Nice Job. Not sure who 15 is but they threw at him all night and poor guy was there and couldn't get a interception to save his life.  He really had me on pins and needles last night. #4 has a knack of finding himself in on every play and manages to miss more tackles than he makes. If he ever opens his eyes and looks where he is trying to tackle he will be a force. PAMs qb played well I thought was impressed with him, threw the ball well, ran the ball well. The Rb Hines made it look easy for sure he just glides along the end making people miss, crazy quick lil dude. Great game, great atmosphere, Lots of hankies flying for holding, fun night.

8 hours ago, PAT409 said:

I understand all that but man if they called it evenly both ways or at least make it seem like they weren't biased then it'd be fine. We must've had over 300 yards of penalties and I'm not saying some of them weren't legit but my goodness there were just as many holds and blocks in the back on the png side but yet no flags. 

That statement goes both ways as there were several other holding penalties, blocks in the back, etc against PAM which weren’t called. 

Congrats, Indians.  I heard that Riggs and Johnson balled out..   special duo here.  

Memorial,  no reason to be  upset.  You had the game at the end.  poor communication. Was your downfall.  I heard it was a mad scramble at the end of he game.  Because had you scored that go ahead TD, we wouldn't even be having these gripes right now.  Dust yourself off and run the table.  Hardest part of district is behind you and he

You have a HIGHLY anticipated date with the Pirates..  

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

He’s a great kid who has gotten a lot of criticism this year by PAM “fans.”  Fact of the matter is he should have been taking the snaps for the Titans since his sophomore year but contributed elsewhere, still losing valuable experience at his true position.  Hate it for him too.  Great game for the Indians.  Like to see a team with no quit in them. 

He really had a great game. Looked good under pressure. He made some good decisions and good passes. I think he has a good opportunity the rest of the year to prove himself.

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Congrats, Indians.  I heard that Riggs and Johnson balled out..   special duo here.  

Memorial,  no reason to be  upset.  You had the game at the end.  poor communication. Was your downfall.  I heard it was a mad scramble at the end of he game.  Because had you scored that go ahead TD, we wouldn't even be having these gripes right now.  Dust yourself off and run the table.  Hardest part of district is behind you and he

You have a HIGHLY anticipated date with the Pirates..  

Would not had been the go ahead TD, PNG was up 8 and PAM would’ve had to convert 2 point conversion.

3 hours ago, dme1111 said:

Blah blah blah refs.... blah blah blah not fair... what a great game!!! Congrats to PNG on a hard fought win. 

I am a lifelong Bulldog fan. Tonight we lost.   I'm not crying or blaming the refs.  We were outplayed tonight by a lesser opponent.  That is why the games are play.  ANY GIVEN SUNDAY....

Memorial could have won but spiked the ball on 4th down right near the goal line.  That was not the refs.  That mistake cost them the game.  

Good luck Memorial as you move through the rest of the season.  Yall have a great team and should go far!!! This Dog will be pulling for yall throughout the year and in the playoffs!!

Sounds like y’all were the lesser opponent last night! Sure hate it! Not! How bout them JAGS!!!

28 minutes ago, Realville said:

Sounds like y’all were the lesser opponent last night! Sure hate it! Not! How bout them JAGS!!!

Look at the stats.  Nederland should have blown them out.  Central did a good job of holding when it counted!!

1 hour ago, dme1111 said:

Look at the stats.  Nederland should have blown them out.  Central did a good job of holding when it counted!!

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, Whatever! The Better Team Won Last Night.  I Love It!!!!!!

I went back and read this tread and I am really disappointed in the amount of PNG fans giving up on the defense and the team at halftime and think it is funny the PAM fans before the game saying the offense can’t just outscore us and when with the defense PAM has. PNG fans should be apologizing to the defensive boys who held PAM to 6 points in the second half. What about the PNG offense who nobody mentioned, underperformed in the first half. So enough with the Faircloth bashing, better coaches make better halftime adjustments and win games using the entire playbook if that is what it takes. If PAM had that many holding calls, we’ll guess what? That will make your defensive front look bad because you can’t get off the blocks to make the play.