Realignment

oldschool2

5 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

I agree with that. The downside is more traveling and longer trips for all schools and fans and parents as we have already know. 

True.  But there are quite a few teams that do a lot of traveling now...even with smaller districts across the state.  It's really hard to justify sending 4 teams to the playoffs in a 5 team district.  As much as I wish it would go back to "top 3 get in" I know that it won't.  Playoff games mean money...so 4 teams getting in is here to stay.  But hopefully there has been enough thought put into it and they have gotten enough hearsay to admit that a 5 team district has to be done away with.

Then again I'm not surprised at anything.  We can all speculate what we want but UIL is gonna be UIL.  No telling.

31 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

True.  But there are quite a few teams that do a lot of traveling now...even with smaller districts across the state.  It's really hard to justify sending 4 teams to the playoffs in a 5 team district.  As much as I wish it would go back to "top 3 get in" I know that it won't.  Playoff games mean money...so 4 teams getting in is here to stay.  But hopefully there has been enough thought put into it and they have gotten enough hearsay to admit that a 5 team district has to be done away with.

Then again I'm not surprised at anything.  We can all speculate what we want but UIL is gonna be UIL.  No telling.

I agree 100%.  Five team Districts are redistrict-u-les, and the UIL gonna UIL.  As for as traveling, in our 6 team District, 12-2A D2, our closest opponent is Hull-Daisetta which is 59 minutes away and longest is Iola at 2 hours and 50 minutes, so yes, we do a lot of traveling.

5 hours ago, tennisbc said:

Would WOS add or drop any from their district? How is that one shaping up? With only 5 teams in the district they need to add another to help with scheduling non-district. This applies to all districts with only 5 teams. 

I read somewhere that UIL is shooting for 8-9 team districts. Not sure how, but I did see it a couple of weeks ago.