Realignment

oldschool2

7 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I wouldn't call beaumont land locked its the fourth biggest port in the country and the second largest military port in the world! The only reason I left 15 years ago was there just weren't many opportunities if you didn't work in the plants. Area needs diversity in industry. 

The area isn't shrinking. Thank goodness but it ain't growing either.  There won't be any 6A schools in the area in less than 10 years because of the rapid growth everywhere else. 

Idk about that, if Central and Ozen combined which probably will happen, there will always be a 6A or two in Beaumont 

On 10/13/2017 at 1:40 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

It really all begins on what the ceiling and basement numbers will be when UIL divides 5A into divisions. I actually think 5A DII basement numbers will drop low enough to keep Ozen and Lumberton in 5A and move Cleveland, Huffman and LC-M into 5A.

That will have a ripple effect on the the rest of 4A and 3A DI.

I have been told by folks in the know that UIL will do all it can to eliminate 4-5 team districts and have at minimum 6 team districts. Teams having 5-6 non-district games have been complaining about filling those games. UIL is finally listening.

I think the UIL thinks going with division districts in 5A will help them solve that issue. We will see.

So, your saying that the number could actually go down?  For instance, for the 3A ceiling DI/4A basement DII could actually go down?  I do know Cameron is going to be border line.  If it does go down from last realignment, it will be a move back up.  

Also, has anyone seen any mock numbers or mock alignments?

On October 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM, oldschool2 said:

I can see where it would cause an issue in districts with several middle schools that may or may not be feeder schools.

But the majority of 4A and down schools with one junior high or at worst a couple...the count should reflect the incoming high school enrollment.

I'm way out of my comfort zone on this topic, so my question may be considered dumb, but bear with me.

You made a valid point - Why count the Seniors?  I agree, it's not logical.  If I understand, the snapshot is only for two years.  If that's correct, & counting 8th grade is the problem (in big districts) why not just count 9, 10, & 11.  Of course, you'd have to adjust numbers/placement, but it seems like a better system.  Is this even feasible?

5 hours ago, REBgp said:

I'm way out of my comfort zone on this topic, so my question may be considered dumb, but bear with me.

You made a valid point - Why count the Seniors?  I agree, it's not logical.  If I understand, the snapshot is only for two years.  If that's correct, & counting 8th grade is the problem (in big districts) why not just count 9, 10, & 11.  Of course, you'd have to adjust numbers/placement, but it seems like a better system.  Is this even feasible?

I thought that there used to be a few different options for schools to count their enrollment.  But now it’s current 8-12 enrollment as of the snapshot day.

I don’t know the answer.  But yes counting 9-11 seems like a viable option to me. I definitely think that counting an entire class of kids that will be gone next year is dumb.  Especially when that count determines who the school will compete with...according to enrollment.

14 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Idk about that, if Central and Ozen combined which probably will happen, there will always be a 6A or two in Beaumont 

It ain't that west brook is getting smaller its that Houston Dallas and San Antonio add only 6a and 5a schools. Eventually 2500 will be the 5a cutoff. It might be 2200 this year. So unless Beaumont starts growing or all the schools merge into one its only a matter of time before West Brook plays in what we currently call 5A. Honestly there needs to be a 7A where schools above 3500 play each other and then start the 6a/5a splits.

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

It ain't that west brook is getting smaller its that Houston Dallas and San Antonio add only 6a and 5a schools. Eventually 2500 will be the 5a cutoff. It might be 2200 this year. So unless Beaumont starts growing or all the schools merge into one its only a matter of time before West Brook plays in what we currently call 5A. Honestly there needs to be a 7A where schools above 3500 play each other and then start the 6a/5a splits.

Das true, and the way Texas is growing, it probably will be soon with these mega schools popping up and imo that would be good for Westbrook and other schools like that 

With the upcoming 5A division splits I could see the following as 5A D1 districts. I believe they will try and have 6-7 team districts.

Last alignment numbers in ( ).

CE King (2196), GCM (2213), Galena Park (2068), Crosby (1668), Baytown Lee (1669) Nederland (1596), Port Arthur Memorial (2098). 

New Caney (1706), Porter (1787), KPark (1836), Humble (1769), Caney Creek (1976), Willis (2015), Huntsville (1771).

I think Nederland will be close to the bottom number so it will depend on where that number is if they go D1 or 2. I do not think any of the other current 22 5A will be D1. Also depends on where Lufkin (2198) falls in as well.

You guys think I am way off with this?

6 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

With the upcoming 5A division splits I could see the following as 5A D1 districts. I believe they will try and have 6-7 team districts.

CE King (2196), GCM (2213), Galena Park (2068), Crosby (1668), Baytown Lee (1669) Nederland (1596), Port Arthur Memorial (2098). 

New Caney (1706), Porter (1787), KPark (1836), Humble (1769), Caney Creek (1976), Willis (2015), Huntsville (1771).

I think Nederland will be close to the bottom number so it will depend on where that number is if they go D1 or 2. I do not think any of the other current 22 5A will be D1. Also depends on where Lufkin (2198) falls in as well.

I think you will see atleast 8 team districts next realignment. Anything is possible, but Think Ned, PNG, Vidor, and Central will be in the same district together.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:57 AM, oldschool2 said:

The crazy thing is the way they do the count..meaing that it's the numbers as they are right now (9-12).  Why in the world would this year's seniors have anything to do with UIL competition NEXT year and the year after.  At least if they're going to do the counts based on a snapshot enrollment count 8th-11th grades.  That is next year's high school enrollment.

Impossible to do that in Districts with a multi feeder school system.  Not sure exactly where those Junior High School kids are going to attend. 

1 hour ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Depends on where the bottom number for D I is for Nacogdoches. They turned in 1674 two years ago. Has their numbers dropped significantly?

That's the first I heard of Nac. You also have Dayton and Barbers Hill which will be D2 5A. They they could go to beaumont or to I69. I think i69 is closer.

15 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

C. E. King will a 6A enrollment.  They were over 2300 last Fall and have limited open enrollment his year.

Here's what I came up with.

5A D1

New Caney, Porter, Kingwood Park, Caney Creek, Lufkin, Conroe Grand Oaks (JV 2018, Varsity 2019 5A, next realignment 6A)

PA Memorial, Baytown Lee, Galena Park, GCM, La Porte, Friendswood

5A D2

BH, Dayton, PNG, Vidor, Nederland, Lumberton, Ozen

Crosby, Splendora, Livingston, Huffman, Cleveland

12 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

5A D1

New Caney, Porter, Kingwood Park, Caney Creek, Lufkin, Conroe Grand Oaks (JV 2018, Varsity 2019 5A, next realignment 6A)

5A D2

I think Humble will be in the D1 district with the NC schools and K Park. I also would not be surprised for Willis to be in there.

19 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

5A D1

5A D2

What makes you think GCM would drop down to 5A?  Out of curiosity.