Realignment

oldschool2

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I think Cleveland will be grouped with Dayton, Barbers Hill, Nederland, PNG, Vidor, and Central. It looks like Crosby will go 5A division 1 at this point, If the UIL plans on 8 16 team districts for 5A Division 1 and 2 the question is will Livingston stay 5A or drop to 4A? If Livingston stays 5A and the UIL plans for 8 team districts then Livingston will probably be the 8th team.

What is crosbys number

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Watch us be like Dallas Highland Park forever and skirt the line by 1 for 2-3 realignments. 

*cross fingers* please let d1 be 1781. 

If Crosby is under the cutoff it will be the first and only time they skirt the line. Crosby is growing much faster than the cutoff number will go up. For example, the D1 cutoff would've been 1,735 last alignment and Crosby would've fallen well short. Even though Crosby would get to play in what will definitely be the most watered down class in the state in 5A-D2 all it would be doing is delaying the inevitable.

The goal is to get the program to the point where you can consistently compete and hopefully beat schools like Manvel, Foster, Angleton and now FB Hightower who just dropped down. Playing against schools like PNG, Ned, Dayton and BH won't do that. It's fine for those schools because they're going to play in D2 for the foreseeable future but for a school that could be skirting the 6A cutoff by the time our current 7th graders graduate it's a different story.

Crappy part of being D1 is that Crosby most likely gets put into a district with the Houston ISD schools but I would argue playing schools like The Heights a couple of years back still gets you more ready to play a Ridge Point than playing Vidor does. Going D2 would be great for the community as it would allow us to pile up more wins than the 10+ we are currently averaging per season under Riordan, but as someone who is about to have another son come through the program I would like him and his teammates be as prepared as possible to compete with the upper echelon teams.  

On 10/27/2017 at 2:25 PM, WOSgrad said:

As am I.  But it looks like I will have to wait 10 business days to find out.  I have just been instructed to get their snapshot number, I will have to submit a Freedom of Information request.

That sucks.  In the state of the district for 2016 2017 the enrollment was 1176 between the two high schools.  They have sent the parents letters stating the district is full and warning those who live out of district they can be fined.  District ain't full. Intermediate and Jr high are in high school buildings. Unless they were able to kick out a bunch of kids they're staying 5a and probably limp along until the big elementary classes move up.