Realignment

oldschool2

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:24 AM, REBgp said:

I always visualize this at (not all but some) schools that are on the border, say cutoff is 400.

Secretary to Admin, I've got 397 as of now unless I overlooked some.  No.  Stop.  Send that number in.  No doubt it's correct.  Or, I've got 402 as of now.  Should I submit it?  No.  Stop.  Check every name.  Good gosh, there have to be 3 or 4 that moved.  Work all the overtime you need.  We must be thorough.  Don't come back until you've eliminated 3 off that list. And I bet that scenario plays out at a few.  Creative math at its best lol.

:):):)

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Ozen did not have 4A numbers last realignment. They had 5A numbers which is why they are 5A now. BISD did not opt them up.

If I remember correctly there was a thread about Ozen opting up two years ago, I must've missed the correction. Either way, for their sake, they need to be 4a.

9 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

If I remember correctly there was a thread about Ozen opting up two years ago, I must've missed the correction. Either way, for their sake, they need to be 4a.

The original number that Ozen reported two years ago had them below the 5A cutoff. But that number was incorrect. The correct number of 1121 was turned into UIL. There was no opting up.

Looking at Carl Padilla's numbers I think there is a good shot at both Montgomery schools being 5A DII.  Possible district:

Huntsville - 1789

Montgomery - 1751*

A&M Consolidated - 1716

Bryan Rudder - 1663

Cleveland - 1400-1700

Brenham - 1479

Lake Creek - 1288*

Splendora - 1156

* Estimated numbers from MISD website

1 hour ago, GIJonesy said:

Looking at Carl Padilla's numbers I think there is a good shot at both Montgomery schools being 5A DII.  Possible district:

Huntsville - 1789

Montgomery - 1751*

A&M Consolidated - 1716

Bryan Rudder - 1663

Cleveland - 1400-1700

Brenham - 1479

Lake Creek - 1288*

Splendora - 1156

* Estimated numbers from MISD website

Any way you slice it, Cleveland is going to have a rough time adjusting going up to 5A. Hell, they haven't really adjusted to being 4A Div I. However, I feel that this might be a better district for them than the possibility of going to play PNG, Vidor, Nederland, Dayton, Central, BH, and possibly Crosby. 

7 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Cleveland turned in a 1446 solidly 5a

The kids that are moving into Cleveland are not bumping up their athletics dept. Or at least not their primary sports. But yes, Cleveland is definitely 5A. The last bond was to add to the HS not build a second HS. The projected growth has Cleveland going up to well over 2000 kids in the next 5 years.

Matt Stepp new projection 

MATT STEPP’S ESTIMATED CUTOFFS
Class 6A: 2,170 and above
Class 5A Division I: 1,770 to 2,169
Class 5A Division II: 1,160 to 1,769
Class 4A Division I: 785 to 1,159
Class 4A Division II: 485 to 784
Class 3A Division I: 330 to 484
Class 3A Division II: 230 to 329
Class 2A Division I: 165 to 229
Class 2A Division II: 104.5 to 164
Class 1A Division I: 63 to 104.4
Class 1A Division II: 62 and below

On 10/31/2017 at 11:16 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Ozen did not have 4A numbers last realignment. They had 5A numbers which is why they are 5A now. BISD did not opt them up.

I was going by the projected cutoffs for this year.  Unless they gained 50 or so students, they would be 4A next year.  I know BISD didn't opt them up last time, but I don't know if they would do that this year to keep both Ozen and Central in the same class.

4 minutes ago, bigdog said:

I was going by the projected cutoffs for this year.  Unless they gained 50 or so students, they would be 4A next year.  I know BISD didn't opt them up last time, but I don't know if they would do that this year to keep both Ozen and Central in the same class.

West Brook, Central and Ozen will all be in different classifications for the next 2 football season.  I just hope the new AD stops forcing the 3 schools to play football games against each other.  It doesn't really benefit West Brook in playing the 2 especially Ozen.  West Brook needs to be playing schools around their size to benefit them more for district and the playoffs.  When Ozen drops, they will have a plethora of 5A and 4A schools to choose from to complete their schedule. 

I think Cleveland will be grouped with Dayton, Barbers Hill, Nederland, PNG, Vidor, and Central. It looks like Crosby will go 5A division 1 at this point, If the UIL plans on 8 16 team districts for 5A Division 1 and 2 the question is will Livingston stay 5A or drop to 4A? If Livingston stays 5A and the UIL plans for 8 team districts then Livingston will probably be the 8th team.

4 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I think Cleveland will be grouped with Dayton, Barbers Hill, Nederland, PNG, Vidor, and Central. It looks like Crosby will go 5A division 1 at this point, If the UIL plans on 8 16 team districts for 5A Division 1 and 2 the question is will Livingston stay 5A or drop to 4A?

If that is the district then I would say this might be a case where it may be in Cleveland's best interest to request a move up into Kpark, Caney Creek, Porter, New Caney district. Who knows what the UIL will do.