Realignment

oldschool2

I always visualize this at (not all but some) schools that are on the border, say cutoff is 400.

Secretary to Admin, I've got 397 as of now unless I overlooked some.  No.  Stop.  Send that number in.  No doubt it's correct.  Or, I've got 402 as of now.  Should I submit it?  No.  Stop.  Check every name.  Good gosh, there have to be 3 or 4 that moved.  Work all the overtime you need.  We must be thorough.  Don't come back until you've eliminated 3 off that list. And I bet that scenario plays out at a few.  Creative math at its best lol.

On 10/20/2017 at 9:22 AM, Cat22 said:

From what I hear Orangefield will turn in right at 500. Will probably miss the cut by 10 students or so!

Is there some sort of monetary advantage to the school for fluffing the enrollment numbers to stay in a higher classification?  Wasn’t OF at 494 at last realignment?  I cannot see how OF’s numbers have increased after Harvey.

4 hours ago, 1fan said:

Is there some sort of monetary advantage to the school for fluffing the enrollment numbers to stay in a higher classification?  Wasn’t OF at 494 at last realignment?  I cannot see how OF’s numbers have increased after Harvey.

Believe me there is no fluffing at all. OF wants to drop in classification. Harvey might have displaced some families but the majority those families kids are still enrolled at OF although they might currently be living outside the district due to their homes being affected. I have kids in OF and have asked them if they know of anyone who is not in school that they are aware of and they both told me no. They have told me there are several new kids in the school. 

It will be seen in February how bad the travel will be for Newton in D2 with 8 team districts . Fans will be very disappointed. No one wants to travel 2-4 hours for District when a move up brings more competition and shorter travel in D1 . D1= Southeast Texas District D2=North East Texas District and maybe some Central Texas teams ... this is all going by posted realignment predictions, Newton will miss d1 cutoff by 33 

Looks like Friendswood has given 5A numbers.Because all their district games are all within 30 minutes travel , can they have an option to stay in 6A,which I think could very well be an option they would consider.If not,what district does anyone think they could fall into?? Friendswood has a very talented QB who will be a Jr. next year.He would make even bigger noise in a 5A district.

Still haven't heard anything about Cleveland's numbers but I heard its anywhere between 1400 and 1700. They have to hold their pep rally's at the stadium or split them into multiple pep rally's because there was not enough room in the gym. That place has exploded with kids. Its crazy that a school that used to be the same size as Coldspring is now going to be a 5A school. If the growth continues like expected, they will be 6A on the next go around. Whats sad is that many of the kids moving into the district really aren't participating in extra curricular activities. Oh well hopefully Cleveland can still remain competitive in Basketball.

13 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Local 5A D2 district:

Baytown Lee

Dayton

Barbers Hill

Vidor

PNG

Nederland

Lumberton

Central

If Cleveland jumps up might add them. When I was looking at 5A numbers, there's not many 5A D2 schools in or around Houston. Not sure if they go with 9 team district or try to split it into 2 districts. I read where the UIl wants to try and have 8 or 9 team districts due to scheduling issues.

9 minutes ago, sportsfan2017 said:

only one website has the cutoff number at 1125, the other website has the cutoff at 1149 

I'm just predicting according the site prediction numbers I read. Who knows where Lumberton ends up. Either the smallest 5a D2 school or top 10 largest 4A D1 school. I don't know if there's an upside either way for Lumberton. 

4A D1

LCM

Silsbee

Bridge City

Huffman

Ozen

Lumberton

13 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I'm just predicting according the site prediction numbers I read. Who knows where Lumberton ends up. Either the smallest 5a D2 school or top 10 largest 4A D1 school. I don't know if there's an upside either way for Lumberton

4A D1

LCM

Silsbee

Bridge City

Huffman

Ozen

Lumberton

This district is definitely the upside. This district is nothing compared to PAM, Nederland, PNG, Vidor, at least not year in and year out.