Realignment

oldschool2

On 10/16/2017 at 4:32 PM, TradenupBH said:

Maybe, depends on what numbers they turn in. I also think bottom number raises to around 1200, which might effect Lumberton and couple of others. Of course this just chopping it up, who knows what the UIL will actually do. I do think there'sgoing to be alot of shaking up and more travel than this part of the state is use to.

The number I was just showed at the Central high school Goals Night was 1184...

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

The number I was just showed at the Central high school Goals Night was 1187...

Are you talking about enrollment numbers for Central?

On 10/14/2017 at 2:41 AM, BearEssentials97 said:

They're a bunch of new schools coming in Houston and Dallas, the cutoff number for 5A is going up not down. Cleveland is making the jump. The only way Ozen stays up is if BISD keeps them there. Lumberton will be interesting do they have an alternative school? If so they stay up.

All these schools we used to think of as small that are northeast of Houston (Cleveland Splendora etc) are going to be 6A in a few years because everyone is moving to be near I69 since its so convenient to downtown. Even Livingston will become a big 5A in the next few years.

Beaumont seem like its the only place in Texas not growing. It's so sad.

On 10/16/2017 at 4:34 PM, TradenupBH said:

Which will possibly make them one of the smallest 6a schools next realignment. BISD needs to do some rezoning and have all 3 5a schools.

But the Powers That Be won't,...so don't be surprised if you see 1 6A West Brook and 2 4A's Central and Ozen unless they combine Central and Ozen which would be a 5A school...

42 minutes ago, expirate20 said:

So with this year's realignment, Will the football district be the same as all the other sports or is only football going Big school/small school districts?

As with the other classifications, Division I and II will only be done in football.

15 minutes ago, expirate20 said:

Does anyone else think this will be a scheduling nightmare.  Football has this district and everyone else has another..... I just don't understand why football get two state champions in each classification and every other sport only get one.  Kinda waters down football doesn't it?

NCAA is the same way.  You have teams like McNeese that are in a different football division, yet when basketball and baseball season roll around, they have to compete with the UT's and LSU's.  I'm not saying it's right....I've always thought the colleges should have a different division for the other sports as well just like football, but I guess they haven't figured out how much more money they could make having different divisions.  The biggest puzzle is that those schools (as well as the ones in high school) STILL have the same number of kids to choose from in basketball and baseball as they do in football.  It makes no sense.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:50 AM, PlayActionPass said:

Hearing Nacogdoches, Livingston, Cleveland, Splendora and Huffman in the same 5A Div II district. 

Montgomery is adding a new high school for the 2018 season.  Lake Creek is expected to open as a 5A Div II, Montgomery a 5A Div I.  Could end up Livingston, Cleveland, Splendora, Lake Creek, Brenham, New Caney.

1 hour ago, RanchHand said:

NCAA is the same way.  You have teams like McNeese that are in a different football division, yet when basketball and baseball season roll around, they have to compete with the UT's and LSU's.  I'm not saying it's right....I've always thought the colleges should have a different division for the other sports as well just like football, but I guess they haven't figured out how much more money they could make having different divisions.  The biggest puzzle is that those schools (as well as the ones in high school) STILL have the same number of kids to choose from in basketball and baseball as they do in football.  It makes no sense.

Just look at how Silsbee basketball is able to compete, and beat, most schools 2-3x their enrollment.  But they can't do it in football. Why?  There is your answer. 

17 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Just look at how Silsbee basketball is able to compete, and beat, most schools 2-3x their enrollment.  But they can't do it in football. Why?  There is your answer. 

Because basketball is more important?  Not sure what you mean by that being an answer.  There are definitely exceptions in cases of a school being more successful in one sport than the other, but it doesn't take away the statement that the schools are playing with the same enrollment in the other sports that they are playing with in football.  The question was why are they separating football and not the other sports?  Maybe the physicality of football compared to the others and the beating that it takes on the body?  Maybe somebody knows the reasons why the NCAA has the division and why the UIL followed it.