The Woodlands 35 Beaumont West Brook 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

Like I said WB is still a 2nd Tier 6A team and you can't make mistakes like that against tier 1 teams and expect to win, but one thing I will say, WB is on its way to being very competitive in these 6A playoffs, They played very physical and fast, which I hadn't seen in a long time in the westend and could have very well blown this game open if it weren't for some bone head penalties and killer T.O, , but that's football and I'm Sure The woodlands feel the same about some calls they didn't get ..

11 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Like I said WB is still a 2nd Tier 6A team and you can't make mistakes like that against tier 1 teams and expect to win, but one thing I will say, WB is on its way to being very competitive in these 6A playoffs, They played very physical and fast, which I hadn't seen in a long time in the westend and could have very well blown this game open if it weren't for some bone head penalties and killer T.O, , but that's football and I'm Sure The woodlands feel the same about some calls they didn't get ..

Yes, as always, there were bad calls going both ways.  WB did seem to get more penalties, but TWHS is a more disciplined team.  They typically do not get as many penalties.  I was really really impressed with Elia.  Personally that is the most impressive performance I've seen for a dual threat qb since I saw Braylon Addison with Hightower.  He is probably too small at least now for the top D1 programs.  But, he plays well enough in my opinion to get D1 offers.  

The Woodlands is definitely not where they were at this time last season.  But, WB is well ahead of where they were.  I think WB will beat Lufkin, again.  Every team has injuries.  The Woodlands was very fortunate last season with few injuries to key players.  That is not the case this season.  We started the season with three track athletes with 6A gold medals at the state meet.  None of them played last night.  Both receivers were out, one has been out all season.  And our one shutdown speedster CB is out for the season as well.  Both number one and number two qb did not play last night.  Johnson the qb was third string to start the season.  His first varsity game was last week with Lufkin.  Hopefully, the Highlanders will heal soon.  But, at the moment this Highlander team is not capable of a deep playoff run.

Guest ECBucFan

Great game for both teams last night. WB has improved by leaps and bounds. A potential playoff run is possible for WB this year. The dynamic L'Ravien Elia is without a doubt one of the best if not the best player in SETX. He will be a force on Saturdays for sure. Last night, however, belonged to to TW #7. MLB Jackson Shearer. It was hard to find a play he was NOT involved in. Shearer was the difference for TW. Just wicked good.      

8 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Great game for both teams last night. WB has improved by leaps and bounds. A potential playoff run is possible for WB this year. The dynamic L'Ravien Elia is without a doubt one of the best if not the best player in SETX. He will be a force on Saturdays for sure. Last night, however, belonged to to TW #7. MLB Jackson Shearer. It was hard to find a play he was NOT involved in. Shearer was the difference for TW. Just wicked good.      

When The Woodlands beat Katy last year, Jackson Shearer was one of the main reasons.  He caught RB Glass in the backfield before he got going multiple times.  

Guest ECBucFan
7 hours ago, TXFBfan said:

When The Woodlands beat Katy last year, Jackson Shearer was one of the main reasons.  He caught RB Glass in the backfield before he got going multiple times.  

In the 2nd quarter (I think) Elia broke away up the middle from the WB 20. Everybody in the stadium thought "he was gone", as he had a 3 yard lead on all Woodlands defenders. Shearer caught Elia from behind around TW 15, and while he did not make the tackle he dove and nudged Elia and got him off balance to slow him down enough enough for another Woodlands defender to catch up and drag him down. Shearer has blazing speed and great defensive radar.