Local Media

Stattrax

38 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I remember the day of every television van in town at the game. But thanks for your efforts. The Snooze is lacking with all 3 of the locals. MCM, and PAM... Glad to hear Halliburton is helping out. he's a class act...

Must have read your post

This is the hidden content, please

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

It wouldn't have taken Gabe Pruett or Tom Haliburton until 9:15 on a Thursday night to get this article online.

Its an absolute disgrace for that paper. P.A.M. should be getting a few articles a week, M.C.M., should at least get a major write up.But I guess the tell tell, is when you open their website, the front page has an article from a cop that was fired months back for stealing....

7 minutes ago, BlueOwl said:

In all honesty... this site used to be a lot better too. A lot more people were posting and reading. Now it seems people mainly talk about PNG and WOS on here. Still good stuff but not how it used to be

I agree with the P.N.G. and W.O.S. thing. However the big difference to me is that this is a free site. This site provides 98% more exposure to local high school sports than both the papers. Its just sad to me that the news has gotten so bad. But its all about money and shareholders. I just cant imagine that the Port Arthur News will be in business much longer. As I stated, when your web page is so out of date that you have a front page article from a shamed Police officer that was fired months back, you are way out of wack. So my comment to you is although this site is not perfect, once again its the VOICE of sports in this area. 

11 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

It wouldn't have taken Gabe Pruett or Tom Haliburton until 9:15 on a Thursday night to get this article online.

Seems as if Gabe's expertise could be used by the BE or another news outlet in the area. Pretty crazy that this guy is not covering sports anymore in this area.......hear me VYPE?

10 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Seems as if Gabe's expertise could be used by the BE or another news outlet in the area. Pretty crazy that this guy is not covering sports anymore in this area.......hear me VYPE?

Some of us still hear from Gabe and while I will never say never I can tell you that he is quite happy with life the way it is right now.

Unfortunately the newspaper industry is a little lost these days especially with the internet. The main purpose of the paper is to sell ads not inform. If no one buys the paper then there's less ads. Its a vicious cycle.

I still buy newspapers because I used to work at one and understand the dedication it takes to put up a good article. I was severely underpaid in relation to what I produced but I have experienced things that the people who replaced me may never experience unless they leave to a bigger market or join a the NFL MLB NBA websites.

The Beaumont Enterprise used to cover the Texans Rockets Astros Cowboys Longhorn and Aggies while still looking out for the local team. But they had a staff of 5-6 writers not including editors.

They'll never do it again. They print the Enterprise in Houston now. The day will come when all writing is outsourced to the chronicle and you won't have any local writers. That will be a sad day.

The chronicle today looks like the enterprise did 20 years ago. That's an acceptable size paper for an area like Beaumont but not for Houston. Newspapers are shrinking everywhere