ALCS- Astros vs Yankees

Yanks got the breaks last night.  The Astros had chances but couldn’t get the big hit.  That’s baseball

I didn’t like all of the changes to the lineup.  I wanted Gattis to hit instead of Correa, but no way he needs to be catching in the playoffs.  I don’t care if McCann doesn’t get a hit the rest of the year.  With the way he handles the staff, he has to be in the game.  

AJ blew this one.  McCullers was dealing when he gave up the homer to Judge and was yanked.  He gave up 2 hits in 6+ innings with 81 pitches and was pulled.  If he did need to pull him, Peacock should have gotten the ball there.  He’s been our 3rd best pitcher all season and hasn’t seen the field this series.

6-4 Yanks after 8

7 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

This!! Knowing the bullpen is atrocious, and McCullers has just given up his second hit with a low 80's pitch count, no way you pull him there.  To much micro-managing.

Agreed.  And you don’t trot Musgrove out there for the 8th either.  Once you make the first mistake, go with either Gregorson or Giles in the 8th.  

Bringing Giles in with 2nd and 3rd with no outs was pretty brutal.  He looked rattled from the get go.  Missing his spots badly. 

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Agreed.  And you don’t trot Musgrove out there for the 8th either.  Once you make the first mistake, go with either Gregorson or Giles in the 8th.  

Bringing Giles in with 2nd and 3rd with no outs was pretty brutal.  He looked rattled from the get go.  Missing his spots badly. 

Giles hasn't been real good since they got him.  We might be better off coaxing Dave Smith out of retirement to be the closer.

5 minutes ago, Hook'em said:

Tough loss after McCullers and Yuli stepped up, but it's nice knowing Keuchel & Verlander are going in the next 2. Offense is due for a big game!

Don't like the short rest for Keuchel, I know he has handled it well in the past.  The offense needs to put up around 8 runs with this bullpen.  Has got to be the #1 issue in the off season!

Like I said earlier, don't like short rest for Keuchel.  As baddog said, terrible with risp.  Got to get Reddick out of the two hole, although swinging for the fence Springer not much better in the leadoff spot.  Precisely the wrong time for bats to go old.  Probably should have started Peacock this game, now 4-0.