Newton 71 Crockett 8/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

I don’t see what you gain beating someone this bad. Guess they don’t remember the 82-6 beating Sealy put on them. 

Subs started coming in the 2nd quarter. I guess we could have kneeled it all thru the 3rd and 4th quarters. Like EaglesFootball said we started kicking field goals when the backups kept scoring. 

53 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’m not from Newton but geez this really was a dumb remark.

Why was it dumb under the new UIL rules if a team is up by 49 or more points after half a running clock is suppose to happen if both coaches agree upon it. It’s hard for me to believe that Crockett did not want this. There are other ways to not run up the score also. Kicking or attempting to kick a FG on 1st down is pretty much a slap in the face of the other team. 

2 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Jack and Neece have always pulled the dogs off and the clock has been ran no matter what, before the UIL implemented the new rule. I can remember punting on 2nd down numerous times 

Go complain to coach, I'm sure he will talk with you, because you clearly don't believe  anybody on here.

8 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

I’m sure there were some slow offensive lineman who would have loved to run the ball. I mean put your 11 slowest out there. 

If I was a coach I would think letting lineman run the ball on my team would be more disrespectful than what newton did last night with empty the bench and letting some of the lower skill kids run ball. 

How much time does a coach spend in practice trying not to be good? How much time does he spend trying not to score? Coach Johnston has NEVER run up the score on anyone. This was one of those games where special teams and defensive scores made it worse than usual.  When you pull your starters midway through the second quarter you've done enough.  The second teamers have worked just as hard as the starters and deserve to show what they can do.  They should not be punished because they are better than the other teams starters.  

Newton 7th  30  Crockett 14

Newon 8th  52  Crockett 18

Newon JV 54  Crockett 12

Newon V 71 Crockett 8

Hope Crockett gets their program back together. They have been a tough team to beat up to this year.

Newton has a running back on the 8th grade that is a man among boys. Watch out for him next year, he will be on the varsity.

These second and third stringers are getting valuable experience for this year and next year. They have to play to get better. Newton has a lot of sophomores on the varsity and Newton only has a JV team, no soph. or freshman team, so most of the JV kids are moved up to the varsity and the remaining  JV kids are  mostly 9th graders. This is there playing time. If your varsity cannot play against our moved up JV kids then the problem lies with Crockett not Newton.