Little Cypress-Mauriceville 58 Silsbee 38/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You do realize that almost all players post their highlight videos.  Last year they did it on both sides of the ball.  This year is no exception. Posting highlight videos had nothing to do with the piss poor tackling that happened as a whole.  I do share your sentiment that if they don't shore this problem up, the playoffs may be missed..

I would say the ones posting highlight videos are in the minority.

My point is, there is nothing to highlight from a defensive standpoint when you give up 58 points to a team who was barely scoring 20 a game prior.

Really a time and place to do that and it's not the day or two after getting beat by 20 and giving up 58 points. Makes it look like a "me, me, me" thing and not a team thing.

Call me old school but that's something that's really irritating about this "me first" society.

And based on what I have seen and heard of this Tiger team, there's too much of that going on.

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I would say the ones posting highlight videos are in the minority.

My point is, there is nothing to highlight from a defensive standpoint when you give up 58 points to a team who was barely scoring 20 a game prior.

Really a time and place to do that and it's not the day or two after getting beat by 20 and giving up 58 points. Makes it look like a "me, me, me" thing and not a team thing.

Call me old school but that's something that's really irritating about this "me first" society.

And based on what I have seen and heard of this Tiger team, there's too much of that going on.

I'm talking about kids in general.  Not just Silsbee.  They're Posting it.  Their highlights.  Win or loss, they're recorded, kids post it.  Highlights don't just happen on the field when you win games.  

I will admit.  this loss was a worse tail kicking than I've seen in a while.  And the exact way I feel about Silsbee right now.  I also do. See earlier in this thread.  But if there were players out there making exceptional plays, whoever they are, nothing wrong with that being highlighted.  After a game like this, maybe a little positive is what some need.  

Well, you're old school, obviously, but so am I, mentality about football.  I think it's a team sport.  I was at the Silbee game and encouraged all those young men, shook their hand, and gave them words of encouragement as I've stopped them.  It's funny.  Even a player or 2 on that defense that 'posted their highlights' also was given encouraging words because they too were down . 

Something you probably didn't know.  I know one player that posted his highlights and he thought about the team as he played out of his normal position and didn't argue to 'help the team.  

13 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree with AAW... posting a defensive highlight in a game where you gave up this many points is like claiming a moral victory... “we got our tails kicked but look at this big hits guys!” Most of us are not as impressed with big plays as we are with consistent fundamentals being executed.

Last year, the most dynamic RB in the state of Texas, Calvin Tyler Jr. Posted all of his highlights on multiple social media sites.  There was the blowout loss to PN-G.  That was posted.  There was also the blowout loss to WO-S.  How about the loss to Carthage the game that he didn't score that TD on third down, ultimately, Silsbee loss by 1 score? Ultimately, nothing was said, no one complained.  

Even Devwah Whaley while at Central posted all his videos.  And y'all know Central took several lopsided losses.  Again, no complaints, no nothing...  

I can give several more instances, even of defensive players...

24 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Last year, the most dynamic RB in the state of Texas, Calvin Tyler Jr. Posted all of his highlights on multiple social media sites.  There was the blowout loss to PN-G.  That was posted.  There was also the blowout loss to WO-S.  How about the loss to Carthage the game that he didn't score that TD on third down, ultimately, Silsbee loss by 1 score? Ultimately, nothing was said, no one complained.  

Even Devwah Whaley while at Central posted all his videos.  And y'all know Central took several lopsided losses.  Again, no complaints, no nothing...  

I can give several more instances, even of defensive players...

I believe most if not all of those highlights of Calvin were posted by his dad. But, I feel the same way then as I do now. Difference, Silsbee never had any embarrassing loses last year like this one to LC-M, at least IMO.

I still say those posting videos are in the minority. I am willing to bet only 5% to 10% of all the area team's players post video highlights of themselves.

Honestly, I have no problem with the videos, just the timing of them. I would much rather it be done at season's end.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe most if not all of those highlights of Calvin were posted by his dad. But, I feel the same way then as I do now. Difference, Silsbee never had any embarrassing loses last year like this one to LC-M, at least IMO.

I still say those posting videos are in the minority. I am willing to bet only 5% to 10% of all the area team's players post video highlights of themselves.

Honestly, I have no problem with the videos, just the timing of them. I would much rather it be done at season's end.

My point is that when others did it, this wasn't mentioned.  And the PN-G loss at the Rez last year was an embarrassing loss (I was there) and that video was posted.  (maybe not by Facebook but I think by instagram or snapchat... 

And that percentage you have is a little bit higher than you think.  More closser to 60%.  Not all kids use Facebook.  I have teenagers, I know.  *wink*

Your last paragraph, I can agree with.  I also have nothing wrong with posting them at season's end...

29 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My point is that when others did it, this wasn't mentioned.  And the PN-G loss at the Rez last year was an embarrassing loss (I was there) and that video was posted.  (maybe not by Facebook but I think by instagram or snapchat... 

And that percentage you have is a little bit higher than you think.  More closser to 60%.  Not all kids use Facebook.  I have teenagers, I know.  *wink*

Your last paragraph, I can agree with.  I also have nothing wrong with posting them at season's end...

No way it's 60% of the area players. No way.

Most teams have around 40 varsity players. (average of 6A-2A). You are saying that at least 24 players per team post highlight videos? Given that we have over 80 teams in our coverage area, that would be at least 1920 players posting HL vids. Don't believe that is happening.

10% at the most.

The PN-G loss was not embarrassing. Bigger school, was favored to win. Had a very good season. If any other loss last year was embarrassing, it was WO-S game in how Silsbee lost. But I still don't view that as an embarrassing loss.

My angst over the "me, me, me" thing has been building. Finally decided to speak my peace on the subject. But, it took this embarrassing loss to make the decision to speak out.

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No way it's 60% of the area players. No way.

Most teams have around 40 varsity players. (average of 6A-2A). You are saying that at least 24 players per team post highlight videos? Given that we have over 80 teams in our coverage area, that would be at least 1920 players posting HL vids. Don't believe that is happening.

10% at the most.

The PN-G loss was not embarrassing. Bigger school, was favored to win. Had a very good season. If any other loss last year was embarrassing, it was WO-S game in how Silsbee lost. But I still don't view that as an embarrassing loss.

My angst over the "me, me, me" thing has been building. Finally decided to speak my peace on the subject. But, it took this embarrassing loss to make the decision to speak out.

I understand...  

And I agree, the WO-S game was embarrassing too and videos were posted of that...

I have a different view on this.  That I may be completely off base. I know in the past it was often up to parents to get highlight tapes out there for recruiting purposes.  How much does this play a part in today’s recruiting.  And does social media exposure play any part.  If it does I don’t see a big problem.  I do believe that the focus especially after what I saw this week needs to be more about the team than the individual.  And I guess it’s a question as far as are the highlights just posted as a “look at me” or more for exposure.  Although I guess In some ways that’s one in the same.

10 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have a different view on this.  That I may be completely off base. I know in the past it was often up to parents to get highlight tapes out there for recruiting purposes.  How much does this play a part in today’s recruiting.  And does social media exposure play any part.  If it does I don’t see a big problem.  I do believe that the focus especially after what I saw this week needs to be more about the team than the individual.  And I guess it’s a question as far as are the highlights just posted as a “look at me” or more for exposure.  Although I guess In some ways that’s one in the same.

Recruiters get videos. Coaches, parents and others send them. I have sent them to recruiters myself. Recruiters want to see the bad plays as well. They are not going to rely on the "highlight" vids posted on social media.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Recruiters get videos. Coaches, parents and others send them. I have sent them to recruiters myself. Recruiters want to see the bad plays as well. They are not going to rely on the "highlight" vids posted on social media.

Well, the entire game footage is also readily available for recruiters and isn't hard to get.