Updated Rankings: Top 10 teams in SETX high school football

DannyShapiroBE

Let me know what you disagree with...these are my rankings.

This is the hidden content, please

Also, had a story in Sunday's newspaper about football players who, like many in this area, are still displaced despite the return of school, football:

This is the hidden content, please

12 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I wouldve waited to place png ahead of Pam until we beat them. Pam may have a down year but they still are a team whose success is in their speed and athleticism, which is the Kryptonite.  

I think the two teams are extremely close but PN-G has impressed me a tad more so far, even against lesser opposition. 

40 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Hummmm, aren't they undefeated?

Yeah but that team is miles ahead talent wise with anybody in this district. They are supposed to be undefeated. Think what that team (PAM) would be if L'Ravien Elia, or my brother, or anyone who is a true threat to throw the ball was playing Qb right now. We wouldnt even be talking about PNG or Nederland. Hell, Harrison last year was an average high school QB and tore through this district. To me this is what a down year looks like when a talented team is in a weak district.

I think overall, it's a good list.  And if based on passed records, and not head to head results, a really great list.  The one pertinent change, if based on potential head to head, I would have West Brook on top, and WOS second.  As good as WOS is, I can't see them beating WB.  But just as your list is an opinion (of yours, or several), so is my post, just an opinion.  And I enjoy most polls.  Good conversation pieces. 

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I think overall, it's a good list.  And if based on passed records, and not head to head results, a really great list.  The one pertinent change, if based on potential head to head, I would have West Brook on top, and WOS second.  As good as WOS is, I can't see them beating WB.  But just as your list is an opinion (of yours, or several), so is my post, just an opinion.  And I enjoy most polls.  Good conversation pieces. 

I think is just pound for pound, not head to head, but if it is i agree Brook is the best team in SETX...

i also believe if They beat the woodlands Thursday they should jump W.O.S for the top spot 

Another thing I just found out today, is they are all Juniors ..Crazy 

11 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

I think is just pound for pound, not head to head, but if it is i agree Brook is the best team in SETX...

i also believe if They beat the woodlands Thursday they should jump W.O.S for the top spot 

Another thing I just found out today, is they are all Juniors ..Crazy 

Juniors?  That is crazy.  They appear to be crazy good.  Can't imagine the potential for next year.

13 hours ago, REBgp said:

I'm just the type of person who can't knock a two-time defending champ with 31 wins in a row off the top spot.

As for West Brook, they're very, very good. If they win tomorrow and go undefeated in district, I'll likely put them No. 1 at some point, though. Their district is obviously more difficult that WO-S' district.

Just saying WOS is junior heavy also with a first year starting QB.  Still haven’t nailed all our pieces together. Don’t get me wrong WB is a really good team, but has yet to play any competition, meanwhile our 1st year varsity starters faced some tough adversity this past friday against a top 10 opponent in 4a and found a way to pull it out. But i wouldn’t have a problem  if WB was put over us. That’s arguable. 

1 hour ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

I'm just the type of person who can't knock a two-time defending champ with 31 wins in a row off the top spot.

As for West Brook, they're very, very good. If they win tomorrow and go undefeated in district, I'll likely put them No. 1 at some point, though. Their district is obviously more difficult that WO-S' district.

Hey DS, I understand 100%.  I to am in awe and Mustang proud.  And few will disagree with them being on top.  Notice I'm one of the few to even mention it.  Maybe it was the indigestion from the gumbo, or a senior moment :)