NFL tells players to STAND

Tigers2010

Nope, Goodell hasn't grown a pair.  NFL players should stand - but no punishment if you don't.  I would compare this to Gov Abott saying, you shouldn't go over the speed limit, but if you do, we won't do anything.  Good luck with that.  

But Governor, it's my constitutional right to go as fast as I want to.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:59 PM, stevenash said:

You may be right.  Lets see when he gets another job in the NFL.

On 10/13/2017 at 0:57 PM, stevenash said:

Which simply quantifies his "commitment" to standing up for the "victims".  Probably not nearly as heartfelt sentiments as once suggested.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:08 AM, Englebert said:

Can your boss force you to wear clothing at work? If you decide to become a nudist, should your boss have to capitulate to your demands of offending his 

On 10/19/2017 at 9:09 PM, REBgp said:

Nope, Goodell hasn't grown a pair.  NFL players should stand - but no punishment if you don't.  I would compare this to Gov Abott saying, you shouldn't go over the speed limit, but if you do, we won't do anything.  Good luck with that.  

But Governor, it's my constitutional right to go as fast as I want to.

That is not a constitutional right, but peacefully protesting is.

17 minutes ago, Big girl said:

That is not a constitutional right, but peacefully protesting is.

Can you point to precisely where the Constitution grants this "right"?

And will you please answer my questions: Can your boss fire you if you refuse to wear clothing at work? Can your boss ban you from bringing a gun to his workplace?

On 10/13/2017 at 6:06 PM, Englebert said:

But he can fire you. Answer the question. If you went to work naked, does your boss have the right to fire you?

You have a second amendment right to bear arms. Does your boss have the right to fire you if you bring a gun to work? Does a company have a right to ban your 2nd amendment right at their facility?

On 10/13/2017 at 4:59 PM, stevenash said:

You may be right.  Lets see when he gets another job in the NFL.

On 10/13/2017 at 0:57 PM, stevenash said:

Which simply quantifies his "commitment" to standing up for the "victims".  Probably not nearly as heartfelt sentiments as once suggested.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:08 AM, Englebert said:

Can your boss force you to wear clothing at work? If you decide to become a nudist, should your boss have to capitulate to your demands of offending his 

On 10/13/2017 at 6:06 PM, Englebert said:

But he can fire you. Answer the question. If you went to work naked, does your boss have the right to fire you?

You have a second amendment right to bear arms. Does your boss have the right to fire you if you bring a gun to work? Does a company have a right to ban your 2nd amendment right at their facility?

Walking naked isn't a constitutional right. The Supreme Court ruled in 1946 that it is unconstitutional to try and make a person stand for the pledge. 

The Supreme Court made this clear in 1943 when it decided the landmark case of West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette. In that case, school children who were Jehovah's Witnesses refused to salute the flag because it was against their religion to do so, and as a result they were expelled or threatened with expulsion.

The Supreme Court forcefully ruled that punishing students for not participating in the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional. 

Federal Courts have stated that guns can't be bought into certain buildings, so that is not considered something that violates a person's constitutional rights.

If you have a problem with that sue and go to court

:)

53 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Walking naked isn't a constitutional right. The Supreme Court ruled in 1946 that it is unconstitutional to try and make a person stand for the pledge. 

The Supreme Court made this clear in 1943 when it decided the landmark case of West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette. In that case, school children who were Jehovah's Witnesses refused to salute the flag because it was against their religion to do so, and as a result they were expelled or threatened with expulsion.

The Supreme Court forcefully ruled that punishing students for not participating in the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional. 

Federal Courts have stated that guns can't be bought into certain buildings, so that is not considered something that violates a person's constitutional rights.

If you have a problem with that sue and go to court

:)

Wow, a lot of big font words...but you still didn't answer the question. Can you be fired for refusing to wear clothes at work? Can you be fired for bringing a gun to work? Can you be fired for cursing your boss? Can you be fired for making disparaging remarks about the company you work for? I think even you should be able to understand this simple point. Can your boss fire you for breaking company rules? Let's see how many unrelated topics you can list instead of answering the question.

On 10/20/2017 at 0:45 PM, Englebert said:

Wow, a lot of big font words...but you still didn't answer the question. Can you be fired for refusing to wear clothes at work? Can you be fired for bringing a gun to work? Can you be fired for cursing your boss? Can you be fired for making disparaging remarks about the company you work for? I think even you should be able to understand this simple point. Can your boss fire you for breaking company rules? Let's see how many unrelated topics you can list instead of answering the question.

The bottom line is yes you can be fired for breaking company rules, the boss of the nfl players are the owners not the president of the united states. Going by the rules of respect alone at my job current president of the united states would have been fired a long time ago. 

7 minutes ago, six burg said:

The bottom line is yes you can be fired for breaking company rules, the boss of the nfl players are the owners not the president of the united states. Going by the rules of respect alone at my job current president of the united states would have been fired a long time ago. 

My post was really a "well, duh" for Big Girl who refuses to accept this simple concept. It is clear to practically everybody but her.

Can you give some examples of some of Trump's actions you feel deserves impeachment? And please contrast these behaviors with the "rules of respect" at your current job.

29 minutes ago, Reagan said:

BigGirl -- why did the NFL suspend Lynch?  Wasn't it his Constitutional right to do what he did??  Or, can the NFL actually control player's actions and behavior??!!

This is the hidden content, please

It's the owners choice. The president has no say in what owners do with their companies. Do you think the Koch brothers would let Trump tell them what to do at their company.  Somebody was probably unhappy with JFK. And Trump is no JFK.

7 minutes ago, six burg said:

It's the owners choice. The president has no say in what owners do with their companies. Do you think the Koch brothers would let Trump tell them what to do at their company.  Somebody was probably unhappy with JFK. And Trump is no JFK.

When did Trump tell/instruct/demand/order the owners to fire the players that kneel? I know the Liberal media has tried to portray that as fact. I assumed they failed miserably in this attempt, but now I'm not so sure.

So Trump made the statement "Wouldn't you love to see..." and you interpret that as Trump demanding the owners fire the players? I can see Big Girl regurgitating that Liberal nonsense, but didn't think anybody else could possibly fail that miserably on a simple statement. Hate can be a helluva...

Maybe Trump engaged Obama first to make sure Obama wasn't sporting his manhood. Trump was just protecting his wife.

And I would much rather have a President that does things that are mis-interpreted as "bad" or egotistical than have a President that lies directly to the face of the American people and the Liberal media says and does nothing. The blatant hypocrisy is on full display.

Looks like the public is getting tired of spending a couple of hundred dollars to watch these loons demonstrate.  I'd be willing to bet they get a lesson in economics soon.  The owners know it already.  Just depends on how much they're willing to lose before they put their foot down.  

Oh, and there's this.

On October 20, 2017 at 0:45 PM, Englebert said:

I'm still trying to figure out if she knows the difference in the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem.  She's a poster person for a law that prior to being allowed to vote, a person must be able to answer a few simple questions :)