NFL tells players to STAND

Tigers2010

2 hours ago, jv_coach said:

From the article..."I'm tired of hearing, 'Stick to sports.' It comes down to right and wrong in this world," Matthews told ESPN last month. "If you see wrong and don't say anything, that's wrong.
My question to Mr. Mathews would be "what are you doing about abortion" or "about fatherlessness is the black community" or "the misogynistic language in much of rap music", or "about people being forced by the government to bake a cake or take pictures though it violates their conscience, plus they lost their livelihood and wealth to the government  and if that is worse than being told to stand up for the Anthem"?

2 hours ago, jv_coach said:

From the article..."I'm tired of hearing, 'Stick to sports.' It comes down to right and wrong in this world," Matthews told ESPN last month. "If you see wrong and don't say anything, that's wrong.
My question to Mr. Mathews would be "what are you doing about abortion" or "about fatherlessness is the black community" or "the misogynistic language in much of rap music", or "about people being forced by the government to bake a cake or take pictures though it violates their conscience, plus they lost their livelihood and wealth to the government  and if that is worse than being told to stand up for the Anthem"?

Short answer to those questions: not a dang thing

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

Which simply quantifies his "commitment" to standing up for the "victims".  Probably not nearly as heartfelt sentiments as once suggested.

8 hours ago, Englebert said:

Can your boss force you to wear clothing at work? If you decide to become a nudist, should your boss have to capitulate to your demands of offending his 

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

My boss can't violate my constitutional rights.

But he can fire you. Answer the question. If you went to work naked, does your boss have the right to fire you?

You have a second amendment right to bear arms. Does your boss have the right to fire you if you bring a gun to work? Does a company have a right to ban your 2nd amendment right at their facility?

33 minutes ago, Englebert said:

But he can fire you. Answer the question. If you went to work naked, does your boss have the right to fire you?

You have a second amendment right to bear arms. Does your boss have the right to fire you if you bring a gun to work? Does a company have a right to ban your 2nd amendment right at their facility?

If you work in the movie theatre and decide to walk across the stage during the movie and take a knee, you will be fired.

Appears Goodell has not grown a pair.  To hail with Dallas Police Officers killed, but let's back up a washed out, pos who wants to disrespect the country, the flag, and the people that died for his freedom.  

If he really cared about the black community, he would be in urban schools encouraging students to get a good education and improve their lives.  Does he do that?  No.  Why?  Because all he cares about is himself.  Don't be fooled by his lazy gesture.  Instead of being part of the solution, he merely exacerbates the problem.

This is the hidden content, please

I've been away from the board for a while and I see that nothing much has changed. I believe that it is your patriotic right to stand for the anthem. If I had a say, it would be written into law. But, we live in a free society where people have the freedom to choose what they wish to do. That freedom does not exempt them from the consequences of those actions. The NFL is paying the price of those consequences. And all for what? The protests originally began to point out injustices against blacks. I ask you this, what is the main point of conversation about now regarding the NFL? Is it about injustices? No, it is about kneeling for the anthem and how it has hurt the NFL's favorability ratings. The protests are a failure in my opinion. I will give you this analogy. How many people have switched sides to being a Donald Trump supporter since he got elected. Very, very few have become new supporters, His inflammatory talk doesn't bring people together, it divides. His supporters have dug their heels in and his detractors have dug theirs in. And nobody is any better for it. Now, take that same analogy and apply it to this protest. No patriotic American will likely support an argument that starts with such an offensive gesture. Both sides have now dug their heels in and neither side is willing to listen to the other. That is why this is a total failure. 

56 minutes ago, texanabroad said:

I've been away from the board for a while and I see that nothing much has changed. I believe that it is your patriotic right to stand for the anthem. If I had a say, it would be written into law. But, we live in a free society where people have the freedom to choose what they wish to do. That freedom does not exempt them from the consequences of those actions. The NFL is paying the price of those consequences. And all for what? The protests originally began to point out injustices against blacks. I ask you this, what is the main point of conversation about now regarding the NFL? Is it about injustices? No, it is about kneeling for the anthem and how it has hurt the NFL's favorability ratings. The protests are a failure in my opinion. I will give you this analogy. How many people have switched sides to being a Donald Trump supporter since he got elected. Very, very few have become new supporters, His inflammatory talk doesn't bring people together, it divides. His supporters have dug their heels in and his detractors have dug theirs in. And nobody is any better for it. Now, take that same analogy and apply it to this protest. No patriotic American will likely support an argument that starts with such an offensive gesture. Both sides have now dug their heels in and neither side is willing to listen to the other. That is why this is a total failure. 

I agree with you here. Using an inflammatory or disgusting or shocking method can be the most powerful and effective way to draw attention to a topic, but you must be able to pivot the focus from that initial shock to the real topic. PETA, along with some others, have been very successful over the years of doing just that. If you can't pivot, and the focus of discussion continues to be the shock value, then you've pretty much lost, and in fact, can have the opposite effect, or the Streisand Effect.

Here's proof that his kneeling has accomplished a few things:

This is the hidden content, please

That said, let me list a couple of his accomplishments:

1- He's cost several big TV networks a lot of money.

2- he's cost the owners a lot of money

3- as night follows day, players salaries will start dropping.   

4- increased division in the races

5- eliminated him ever being signed again (good)

Surely I left a few out, but overall, except for #4, good job Kap.

45 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why do some think that an employer has no right to tell an employee what he can or cannot do?  As big girl says, it will be a joyous occasion when these pompous, overpaid whine bags are told to stand or go play elsewhere!!

I agree with you but, unfortunately this will not happen with goodell in charge.  He's already proven that he won't enforce the rules on the National Anthem.   

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

What do you mean you don't care?  I thought you were from the party of mutual respect for everyone?   Exactly what is it that Trump has done to you?

Worried that trump will get rid of the pre existing condition clause which may hurt my sister. Worried my brother in law may get sent to another useless war. Don't like him trying to  take away freedom of speech. And i care more about my family than i do the democrats and republicans. F the democrats and republicans. Time to start a serious third party.

So you are worried- I understand that.  Now tell me what Trump HAS DONE that has harmed you.  That was the question I asked in the first place.   And sorry, but grab em won't work here.  I never realized that complaining about someone not standing during the National Anthem was, somehow, a way to take away freedom of speech.  You must have REALLY BEEN  MAD when the bakers were told they MUST bake a cake for a gay couple, right?

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

Worried that trump will get rid of the pre existing condition clause which may hurt my sister. Worried my brother in law may get sent to another useless war. Don't like him trying to  take away freedom of speech. And i care more about my family than i do the democrats and republicans. F the democrats and republicans. Time to start a serious third party.

Can you please point to one time Trump has given even the slightest inclination that he would do away with the "pre-existing" clause? If you can, I applaud you. If you can't, please explain where this notion came from.

And please, please, please answer stevenash's questions. I would love to hear what your mental gymnastics can muster for a reply. History has shown you will not reply, but simply deflect and/or run. Let's see.