NFL tells players to STAND

Tigers2010

From the article: He did not provide specifics on how he intends to ensure it, but he wrote that it would "include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues."

I bet a lot of the protestors lose their enthusiasm for the cause when they have to do work and spend money to make a difference. 

The left doesn't understand that when you are "at work" some of your "rights" are not your rights like they are on your own time.  Just wondering if, when the stewardess on the airplane brought a lefty a drink, would lefty mind if she took a knee first for the oppression experienced by bakers who, for religious reasons, didn't think they should be compelled to bake cakes for gay couples?

19 minutes ago, REBgp said:

And the response from ESPN:

This is the hidden content, please

If you think he'll be fired, I've got a snow ski resort in Sabine Pass I'd like to sell you.  And had a concervative said something similar, you could color him, or her, gone.  In my world, ESPN doesn't exist anymore.  

Slave owner? They haven't heard of free agency? Million dollar slaves? Lmao

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

Come on guys, you know America is a horrible place.  Until you look  askance at  the police, the military, conventional marriage,  white folks, and godly beliefs, you are out of touch.

Why sure.  And when there's natural disasters in any part of the world, who's the first ones to help?  Those awful Christian Americans.  Speaking of disasters, I'd like to thank Britain, Japan, Russia, China, and all the others for their help for Harvey  victims and in Puerto Rico.  Oh, wait.............

10 minutes ago, Big girl said:

It was said that they "should" stand . No one said that they "must" stand. The player's union responded. I knew they would. It is sad that some people think it is ok to force someone to stand. I went to a football game last night. Most people didn't , it was a joyous occasion 

Can your boss force you to wear clothing at work? If you decide to become a nudist, should your boss have to capitulate to your demands of offending his clients?

The following is the nfl policy regarding the National Anthem.  It doesn't take an educated person to read and understand that the "should" is not an option.  By reading and using context clues, you can figure out that "should" means will stand. 

Speaking to Sports Illustrated, an NFL spokesperson said: “The national anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the national anthem. During the national anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the national anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

The policy also states that there can be discipline handed down for not being on the field and for not standing for the National Anthem.

The biggest problem, this policy shows just how much of a hypocrite goodell is.  You see, he will fine a player for not wearing the proper equipment, he will fine and suspend a player for committing personal fouls, he will even suspend players for things they did before they were in the nfl.  However, he is too chicken crap to uphold a rule about our National Anthem.  He has allowed players to kneel during the National Anthem, he has allowed teams to not take the field during the National Anthem and he hasn't fined, suspended or punished anyone or any team for it.  H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E 

You're right, it does sound like paid patriotism.  However, what does 2009 have to do with todays policy?  The speed limit in Texas(i think it changed in 1995) used to be 55 mph.  Do you still drive 55?  Of course you don't.  You follow the speed limit of today.  I posted the policy on the National Anthem in a couple of posts above.  Why are the teams and players not being held accountable?  

5 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

You're right, it does sound like paid patriotism.  However, what does 2009 have to do with todays policy?  The speed limit in Texas(i think it changed in 1995) used to be 55 mph.  Do you still drive 55?  Of course you don't.  You follow the speed limit of today.  I posted the policy on the National Anthem in a couple of posts above.  Why are the teams and players not being held accountable?  

Because the companies they work for are not holding them accountable. If you work for exxon, the ceo at motiva can't tell you what to do

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

It was said that they "should" stand . No one said that they "must" stand. The player's union responded. I knew they would. It is sad that some people think it is ok to force someone to stand. I went to a football game last night. Most people didn't , it was a joyous occasion 

Sounds like a bunch of Bolshevik to me. 

14 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

This is the hidden content, please

What a dumbarse!!  Even Kaepertwit says he will stand if picked up.  I would call this self-oppression.

From the article..."I'm tired of hearing, 'Stick to sports.' It comes down to right and wrong in this world," Matthews told ESPN last month. "If you see wrong and don't say anything, that's wrong.
My question to Mr. Mathews would be "what are you doing about abortion" or "about fatherlessness is the black community" or "the misogynistic language in much of rap music", or "about people being forced by the government to bake a cake or take pictures though it violates their conscience, plus they lost their livelihood and wealth to the government  and if that is worse than being told to stand up for the Anthem"?