Peewee Week 6 Scores

DEM BOYZ

I honestly dont know what our score was but we lost to Lum-W (PNG-P) After the head coach was tossed by the ref due to Lumberton having no clue how to run a league and the ref having an attitude problem we had no chance. I hope and pray we see Lum-W again in the playoffs. 

Lumberton really needs to quit taking money from these people who pay to play when it is obvious they dont invest it. We played on a field that was mostly dirt, hadnt been mowed. Every weekend they mess the schedules are messed up. 

Our game was scheduled for 12. We were notified at 10 AM our game had been moved to 10:30. 

We scrambled to get our kids there safely. We had most there by 11. At 11:03 the head ref came over and said we would start at 11:15. 2 minutes later another ref, tall guy with tats and beard came over and basically threatened that he was starting the game now then popped off when we explained the situation that we had people there so there was no excuse for the others. 

Our coach gets upset and is thrown out. So then we get our kids ready, captains lined up and after all that drama Lumberton was allowed to THEN send their kids to the endzone to run through a sign (which our kids were not allowed to do) then kneel for a prayer, then do a pregame dance all while we are waiting. No griping from the ref. Nothing about hurrying up. 

We timed Lumberton in the huddle. 52 seconds on average with some plays taking over a minute. No flags. We stop them on 4th down, bearded ref throws a flag. Every single time. 

Just a sad day when kids pay the price for an unorganized league and ref with an attitude. 

(Full disclosure I am not the head coach of PNG Purple)

Truth is both towns had teams ask for earlier games including PNG flag teams cancelling mid week leaving Lumberton's president scrambling to find his kids games to play. 

PNG wanted to join the school's Homecoming refusing to play late games and Lumberton was very accommodating. If the PNG coaches and board didn't related the proper game times then it is not Lumberton's fault.

The coach that was kicked out was warned at the coaches meeting with us all that cursing on the sideline will not be tolerated. The ref heard him say the F word.

1 hour ago, TCjackrabbit said:

Truth is both towns had teams ask for earlier games including PNG flag teams cancelling mid week leaving Lumberton's president scrambling to find his kids games to play. 

PNG wanted to join the school's Homecoming refusing to play late games and Lumberton was very accommodating. If the PNG coaches and board didn't related the proper game times then it is not Lumberton's fault.

The coach that was kicked out was warned at the coaches meeting with us all that cursing on the sideline will not be tolerated. The ref heard him say the F word.

When you talk about PNG effusing to place games or always wanting to have games accommodate the so they can watch varsity is something that has been going on for a number of years. Just last week I heard Vidor Sr forfeit game so they can watch Vidor get beat by Nederland. Easy fix from STJFL schedules games either play or forfeit.  This is a simple fix if those on STJFL will step up and handle.  

9 hours ago, TCjackrabbit said:

Bottom line is we got there as fast as possible regardless of who was at fault, was given time to warm up by the head ref then had a jerk ref come start trouble trying to force us to play. He had an agenda and it worked. Our coach was wrong and can admit that. Not a single kid heard him though.

Lumberton needs help. We played 5 on 5 there this past summer and it was the same issue. Fields in horrible condition. Grass was cut all around the field but not on the field. They have to hide the dirt and potholes. 

The NUMBER 1 priority of the league should be player safety and having a ref with a bad attitude trying to force us to play when our kids had not stretched is not good and fields that I wouldnt want to play a pickup game on is not safe. Keep cashing them checks though and not putting the money back into the fields. 

Then for him to take it out on the kids on the field is worse. He gets to ref this week and our coach is suspended 2 games. He wont be calling any game I coach though I can assure you. 

7 hours ago, mistro said:

When you talk about PNG effusing to place games or always wanting to have games accommodate the so they can watch varsity is something that has been going on for a number of years. Just last week I heard Vidor Sr forfeit game so they can watch Vidor get beat by Nederland. Easy fix from STJFL schedules games either play or forfeit.  This is a simple fix if those on STJFL will step up and handle.  

really? 99% of varsity games are played on Friday night and have nothing to do with Saturday league ball. Don't be so dramatic. This year is an anomaly with Harvey. But please, keep making up things about PN-G always wanting to change the schedule.