Oklahoma @ Texas

UTfanatic

If they can teach Sam to step up in the pocket to avoid pressure instead of running straight to the sideline and throwing the ball out of bounds he could eventually be a stud.  I've been very happy with him so far, but I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say at least 10 times a game he runs straight right or left to avoid pressure, eliminating all options except for forced throws to the one well-covered receiver on which ever side of the field he ends up on.  Without this flaw, I think they win both this game and the USC game.  That being said, I'm still more excited about him than I've been about a UT quarterback in several years. 

51 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

Kris Boyd is TERRIBLE at cornerback. He gave up Three touchdowns just by himself by getting toasted and missing tackle after tackle. It was so easy to predict OU's offense when they needed a 3rd or 4th down first down- Find #2 and throw it there.

I have yet to be impressed with him since he’s been there.  Hill has come around and Elliott is a future NFL’er.  But Boyd is a guy who seems to have the tools but has never adapted to the next level. 

10 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Ehlinger was knocked out cold and Herman put him back in the game a few plays later?

“My head hit the ground pretty hard,” Ehlinger said. “And they were just taking precaution. I told them immediately I could go back in. I felt fine.”

Herman said he thought about sticking with Buechele, but Ehlinger had been medically cleared. Ehlinger said team physician James Bray asked him to count backward by sevens starting at 100.

“I think when guy’s played three and a half quarters and is in the rhythm that he’s in, if he’s cleared, you’re going to put him back in the ballgame,” Herman said.

That drive ended with a turnover on downs. UT got the ball one final time with 49 seconds remaining on its own 4-yard line. Ehlinger couldn’t assemble a 96-yard touchdown drive, and the Sooners captured a 29-24 win.

26 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

“My head hit the ground pretty hard,” Ehlinger said. “And they were just taking precaution. I told them immediately I could go back in. I felt fine.”

Herman said he thought about sticking with Buechele, but Ehlinger had been medically cleared. Ehlinger said team physician James Bray asked him to count backward by sevens starting at 100.

“I think when guy’s played three and a half quarters and is in the rhythm that he’s in, if he’s cleared, you’re going to put him back in the ballgame,” Herman said.

That drive ended with a turnover on downs. UT got the ball one final time with 49 seconds remaining on its own 4-yard line. Ehlinger couldn’t assemble a 96-yard touchdown drive, and the Sooners captured a 29-24 win.

He was out cold for 20+ seconds!  He threw the ball away on a must make 4th down that basically ended the game. I’m not sure he knew where he was, but you can keep defending Herman if it makes you feel better   

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

He was out cold for 20+ seconds!  He threw the ball away on a must make 4th down that basically ended the game. I’m not sure he knew where he was, but you can keep defending Herman if it makes you feel better   

I am not defending anyone.  The medical staff put him through concussion protocol and cleared him to go back in.  I’m pretty sure that, unlike you, Herman doesn’t have a medical degree or license.  Oh wait, neither do you.  But the source you posted is pretty hilarious and telling.  Glad you Gomers have moved on lmao

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Just like Aggy!!!!!

lmao

15 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I am not defending anyone.  The medical staff put him through concussion protocol and cleared him to go back in.  I’m pretty sure that, unlike you, Herman doesn’t have a medical degree or license.  Oh wait, neither do you.  But the source you posted is pretty hilarious and telling.  Glad you Gomers have moved on lmao

You can’t watch that video and tell me he wasn’t knocked out.  He obviously didn’t know where he was when he threw it out of bounds on 4th down. 

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

You can’t watch that video and tell me he wasn’t knocked out.  He obviously didn’t know where he was when he threw it out of bounds on 4th down. 

I don’t know anything other than Texas has a medical staff who took over after the play.  He might well have been concussed, I certainly assumed so when he was sitting there.  Coaches have to rely on folks with medical training to report to them on injuries and clearance, whether it’s head, knee, shoulder, etc.  For a player to be allowed to play in this instance, he has to pass concussion protocol.  

I did enjoy the attention “TAMU Highlights” gave to this issue.  I was especially amused by the gomer who tagged every reporter, NCAA exec, and anyone else he thought would wag their finger.  As a Texas guy, I found it hilarious. If I were an aggy, I would have been saddened/embarrassed for him.  I doubt many did, as it was about as aggy as one can get, and is generally celebrated in gomerland.