I'm starting to think that...

BMTSoulja1

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Point was that Oak Ridge wasn't projected to be a bad team.  Turns out that's pretty true. 

Fair enough, so how about this for debate.. you believe that if RJ was on WB playing against that same competition, you don’t think he would be putting up the same if not better numbers than Elia?

Yeah, the kid had an awesome game last week, no doubt, but RJ has been putting up those kind of stats almost weekly. You don’t think he would be doing the same thing to those 6A teams considering he had the same supporting cast around him in WB that Elia has?

26 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Fair enough, so how about this for debate.. you believe that if RJ was on WB playing against that same competition, you don’t think he would be putting up the same if not better numbers than Elia?

Yeah, the kid had an awesome game last week, no doubt, but RJ has been putting up those kind of stats almost weekly. You don’t think he would be doing the same thing to those 6A teams considering he had the same supporting cast around him in WB that Elia has?

First of all, I never made the comparison by putting RJ at West Brook. 

Also, excluding the Lufkin game, Elia put up some consistent numbers dispute often splitting time.  

Supporting cast?  WB has a really good receiver, comparable to Riggs at PN-G. More debate...  

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

First of all, I never made the comparison by putting RJ at West Brook. 

Also, excluding the Lufkin game, Elia put up some consistent numbers dispute often splitting time.  

Supporting cast?  WB has a really good receiver, comparable to Riggs at PN-G. More debate...  

What about offensive line? I’m sure Elia has some better blockers up front.

And it’s only fair to make the comparison if RJ was at WB, seeing as we are comparing competition. That’s why I asked that. I mean, isn’t that the only true fair compirison between two different players is to put them in the same environments and compare how they performed? Now, since we obviously will never see what RJ would do at WB, it’s only a matter of opinion at this point. Which means neither one of us are “right”. 

10 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

What about offensive line? I’m sure Elia has some better blockers up front.

And it’s only fair to make the comparison if RJ was at WB, seeing as we are comparing competition. That’s why I asked that. I mean, isn’t that the only true fair compirison between two different players is to put them in the same environments and compare how they performed? Now, since we obviously will never see what RJ would do at WB, it’s only a matter of opinion at this point. Which means neither one of us are “right”. 

Yes, mostly subjective.  But if you have an opinion, I wasn't too hear a smart follow up of why you say that. Some have made 'opinions' and haven't seen one game this kid has played. AAW gave a great follow up.  Grad too.  So have others.  But some...  Basically just piggyback off of others...  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Point was that Oak Ridge wasn't projected to be a bad team.  Turns out that's pretty true. 

You said they were predicted to finish 2nd ahead of Lufkin and West Brook. Show me.

The fact is, you can't because no state, regional or local publication predicted them that high.

Not real sure where you read or heard that prediction. Probably out of thin air to support your cause.

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

....probably like Elia would not be in games in the 4th quarter running and taking hits in football games in garbage at PN-G.  :)

I'm an outsider who has paid close attention this year. Jaiden Howard from Crosby may be a more comparable option than Johnson is. I may take Howard over elia. You can say what you want about Johnson being late in games but FACT is he barely does anything but hand off. He essentially is there to decoy and snap the ball. My coach would've ran the score up even more, then Johnson could've had his 8 to pass game or whatever. As bad as that png defense is, they haven't had a game where the offense had to put up 70 points. I played for a state championship LA team, worked as a coach, have buddies in the NFL and have seen greatness in a player before and Johnson has it. To me it's obvious. Elia is very good and will make a coach in the future very happy. 

Bigbro get get that kid to LSU!!!

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You said they were predicted to finish 2nd ahead of Lufkin and West Brook. Show me.

The fact is, you can't because no state, regional or local publication predicted them that high.

Not real sure where you read or heard that prediction. Probably out of thin air to support your cause.

Ok.  I was wrong with the projected preseason standings.  (that's what you wanted to hear, since that's what you keep harping on just that).

Now That's said.... Oak Ridge IS a good team.  Do you deny that?  

There was a point made.  Did you not gather any of that?  Obviously not.  I'll try to speak in layman's terms next time.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok.  I was wrong with the projected preseason standings.  (that's what you wanted to hear, since that's what you keep harping on just that).

Now That's said.... Oak Ridge IS a good team.  Do you deny that?  

There was a point made.  Did you not gather any of that?  Obviously not.  I'll try to speak in layman's terms next time.

Oak Ridge gets no credit in the region, so quit it trying to pump Oak Ridge up as a good team........ plus I seen both quarterbacks played last year and this year in person& on film multiple times

On Monday, October 09, 2017 at 11:17 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Are we saying this WITHOUT seeing the West Brook kid play?  Have any of you seen him this year or last year?  Kid put up crazy numbers against 6a talent every week.

I've seen them both play this year. And they're both studs. RJ numbers are better.But the kid from WB has played against better talent.just my opinion from seeing them both .I would take the kid from WB too. Better scrambler that can make something out of nothing. They both have great arms.but I think RJ will at least take his team 3 rounds deep

Edited by dj
add more

• 2 weeks later...