The 22-5a what if scenarios

pakronos

I think the Vidor team from last year would beat this years Crosby team.  This early in the season it is hard to say anything with authority but I don't think Vidor can score fast enough.  

I don't have the stats from last year but did Vidor graduate their 2 all-time leading rushers?  I was told that but that don't make it true.

7 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I think the Vidor team from last year would beat this years Crosby team.  This early in the season it is hard to say anything with authority but I don't think Vidor can score fast enough.  

I don't have the stats from last year but did Vidor graduate their 2 all-time leading rushers?  I was told that but that don't make it true.

Yes, the offense is young this year for Vidor. The defense is the strength of the Vidor team, that being said the offense is getting better every week. The offense stopped itself more with penalties than Neds defense stopping them. This years team is more well rounded.

27 minutes ago, vp93 said:

Yes, the offense is young this year for Vidor. The defense is the strength of the Vidor team, that being said the offense is getting better every week. The offense stopped itself more with penalties than Neds defense stopping them. This years team is more well rounded.

How though. All Vidor does is run and were better at it last year. Last year they even had success passing considering how infrequent they do it.

2 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Which will likely leave them with same record as the HIll. KPark would advance with head to head win.

A loss to Dayton leaves them with 4 loses and if they struggle against Splendora  like NC did could be 5 loses.  NC could easily go 0/3 their last 3 games.

14 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

A loss to Dayton leaves them with 4 loses and if they struggle against Splendora  like NC did could be 5 loses.  NC could easily go 0/3 their last 3 games.

NC could struggle last three you're right. They did not struggle against Splendora. They just ran the ball between the tackles. Splendora never threatened to score offensively. The Td they got was meaningless after a kickoff return inside the 5 with less than a minute. I believe they will do the same with Humble this week.

The game with Porter who knows. Porter has never beat NC but this could be the year.

42 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

NC could struggle last three you're right. They did not struggle against Splendora. They just ran the ball between the tackles. Splendora never threatened to score offensively. The Td they got was meaningless after a kickoff return inside the 5 with less than a minute. I believe they will do the same with Humble this week.

The game with Porter who knows. Porter has never beat NC but this could be the year.

Nichols was also injured in first quarter last week and did not return. Hoping he is okay but Splendora will need him to compete.

Imo, Except for PNG, who has yet to play any of the better teams, Nederland and Ltown seemed to be the only improved teams.  I think PNG is improved, but we'll know more after their game with PAM.  PAM and Vidor are good, but not quite as good as last year.  

I'm certainly not as familiar with 21-5A, but they don't seem to have improved much either.  

Still early though.  A lot of passes and handoffs to be done, and fumbles and intercepts.  Best advice, set back and enjoy.  

PNG - PAM - Nederland- Whoever wins the Vidor vs Ltown game.

12 hours ago, REBgp said:

Imo, Except for PNG, who has yet to play any of the better teams, Nederland and Ltown seemed to be the only improved teams.  I think PNG is improved, but we'll know more after their game with PAM.  PAM and Vidor are good, but not quite as good as last year.  

I'm certainly not as familiar with 21-5A, but they don't seem to have improved much either.  

Still early though.  A lot of passes and handoffs to be done, and fumbles and intercepts.  Best advice, set back and enjoy.  

PNG - PAM - Nederland- Whoever wins the Vidor vs Ltown game.

We (Central) were in the same exact hole last year and even lost to Nederland putting us at 1-3 and still made the playoffs...

I know the games still have to be played but if we all can agree, our 3 bottom teams are Livingston, Baytown Lee and Beaumont Ozen.  So looking at the schedules, any of the other 6 teams that still have to play one of those 3, I adjusted their district records to show wins over them and I put the other remaining opponents out to the side.

Done alphabetically...

Beaumont Central...3-2...Nederland, Lumberton and Port Neches-Groves

Lumberton...3-2...Vidor, Beaumont Central and Nederland

Nederland...4-1...Beaumont Central, Lumberton and Port Neches-Groves

Port Arthur Memorial...6-0...Port Neches-Groves and Vidor

Port Neches-Groves...4-0...Port Arthur Memorial, Vidor, Beaumont Central and Nederland

Vidor...4-1...Lumberton, Port Neches-Groves and Port Arthur Memorial

Normally 5-3 would get you in but we could have a log jam at 5-3 so the for sure magic number is 6 .  In my opinion, PN-G has the toughest schedule remaining but I still see them getting in.  PA-M has the easiest, and regardless of what happens in the PN-G and Vidor games, just need wins in the Livingston and Lee games for them to lock up a playoff spot. 

We will know a little bit more after this Friday...

4 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

We (Central) were in the same exact hole last year and even lost to Nederland putting us at 1-3 and still made the playoffs...

No argument from me.  Heaven knows Central has the the team to do it.  And as you and I both said, this Friday will go a long way to finishing the puzzle.  One of those rare instances when all six potential playoff teams are playing each other.  Going to be an exciting Friday!