PAM vs PNG

pakronos

51 minutes ago, NDNation said:

On the other side of the card, Memorial will face the best offense in the district. RJ was a sophomore last year. Memorial is getting a more seasoned Shug this year. This aint last year.

Png was the best offense last year, Shug was putting up big numbers b4 they faced memorial last year but when they faced a team with elite speed it neutralize the offensive productivity. Same thing this year. Speed kills!!

17 minutes ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

Png was the best offense last year, Shug was putting up big numbers b4 they faced memorial last year but when they faced a team with elite speed it neutralize the offensive productivity. Same thing this year. Speed kills!!

Roschon Johnson threw for 182 yards on 9-of-21 passing and ran for 93 yards on 19 carries with three touchdowns. -panews.com

I dont think Shug will miss on that many passes again. That was his worst passing game. Yes because of pressure and sacks. However if you recall, there were several clean pocket passes that were simply overthrown or misplaced. I dont see that happening to this degree again.

10 minutes ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

Shug was 9-21 passing last year 182 yds, 19-93 on the ground. he was a great qb at the time. Most of these yards came after they were down 33-14 in the 4th quarter. Png defense is still shabby. Hines is going to have a field day!!

Memorial only scored 31 on Lumberton and 13 on Nederland 

5 minutes ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

Shug was 9-21 passing last year 182 yds, 19-93 on the ground. he was a great qb at the time. Most of these yards came after they were down 33-14 in the 4th quarter. Png defense is still shabby. Hines is going to have a field day!!

I hear ya. I also know that an onside kick recovery with 35 seconds left would have made that game look entirely different. It goes from being points received in garbage time on one side, to being possible game mismanagement on the other if they had scored. Then those garbage time points don't look like garbage. But that is all hypothetical. They didn't recover the onside and lost the game. My point is, if Memorial wants to win this game this year, they better put it away and never let up. They have the players to do it.

26 minutes ago, indianforever said:

Memorial only scored 31 on Lumberton and 13 on Nederland 

As for Memorial, we all have no clue what the pass game is going to do. When they let the qb throw downfield he has the capability to complete the passes but if you have watched them this year, the receivers have not been dependable. Against Lumberton there were 3 missed long tds from drops and the receiver falling. I've seen the qb make throws against Central and Ozen, but against Nederland the playbook was diluted. Maybe due to the lack of trust in the offensive line but the dbs were not as fast as Ozen dbs. To my amazement they didnt even do the ole bubble screen right, bubble screen left. So the inconsistent play calling leaves everybody clueless.

46 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Roschon Johnson threw for 182 yards on 9-of-21 passing and ran for 93 yards on 19 carries with three touchdowns. -panews.com

I dont think Shug will miss on that many passes again. That was his worst passing game. Yes because of pressure and sacks. However if you recall, there were several clean pocket passes that were simply overthrown or misplaced. I dont see that happening to this degree again.

Unbiasedly speaking, Shug is one of the most complete qbs I've ever seen. I absolutely love this kid!!! Good genes, I remember his brother JJ boxing at the gym in Port Arthur. The development and refining of his game is impressive. It's an honor to even witness his play, not only his on field production but also his off field demeanor. He has came to talk to our kids with the Port Arthur Chiefs. I've heard nothing but exemplary things about him. He even work with the kids coming up. Im talking noise to hype up the game but Im actually hoping he dont dissect us!!. Now back to my beef mode. 

47 minutes ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

As for Memorial, we all have no clue what the pass game is going to do. When they let the qb throw downfield he has the capability to complete the passes but if you have watched them this year, the receivers have not been dependable. Against Lumberton there were 3 missed long tds from drops and the receiver falling. I've seen the qb make throws against Central and Ozen, but against Nederland the playbook was diluted. Maybe due to the lack of trust in the offensive line but the dbs were not as fast as Ozen dbs. To my amazement they didnt even do the ole bubble screen right, bubble screen left. So the inconsistent play calling leaves everybody clueless.

When you have a good runningback, it's a no brainer what you do!

The difference last year in my opinion was Vincents ability to shut down one side of the field......i haven't had the luxury of watching PA play this year but I don't think they have a guy like Vincent in the secondary this year....I also agree that Roschon wasn't as sharp that night as other games...some was def due to pressure but I don't believe all of it was....you simply can't be perfect every game....Hines will def get his but the key is to "bend not break"....we are def a lot slower but if we can force PAM to have to drive the field I think it will be a different outcome.....the receiving core and backfield is better than what he had last year for sure....I think if Roschon can move the chains with his legs this Friday (he hasn't had to so far).....that conditioning could come into play and that may be the difference

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, Stattrax said:

PAK is playing this all wrong. Here's the facts. PAM has better athletes than PNG. They also have the best RB in the district. PNG has the best QB and WR in the district. Everyone knows a beast defense can handle a finesse offense. So it should spell for a PAM win. One thing I know is that all the trash has been talked, now the game will be played. Games likes these come down to momentum and turnovers. And games like these also have studs step up and show what they are all about. I have stated all year PAM wins the district. As long as we have RJ, I feel like we always have a chance. But do not twist this up like PNG is some type of heavy favorite. For PNG to win, we will need to play lights out and need PAM to play average. If both teams play lights out, look for PAM to win. It's a matchup nightmare IMO. BF is not going to load the box, so what you will see is another College Station situation. PNG will win. Only if RJ takes over and has a monster game. He is very capable of doing this. So I will say, PAM wins, unless RJ goes beast mode for 4 quarters. And as I like to say, put your Pom poms down and watch some film...... Don't drink the kool aid and get to the facts. PAK, quit trying to save face just in case PAM loses... And for 85, don't count out the bubble........ odds are stacked against us, but that's why you have to play the game.....

Here's what I love about team sports... you don't need the best players, you just need the right players. You need guys that will fight every play, never give up, outwork, outhit, and outlast the opponents. You can beat a talented team if you completely demoralize them. You can beat a good team if they continuously have to pick themselves up off the ground.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Port Arthur Memorial (4-0, 4-0) at Port Neches-Groves (4-0, 3-0)
The 22-5A title will likely be on the line as last year’s district champion Port Arthur Memorial will face easily their toughest test of the year this week as they visit what will be a hornets nest at Port Neches-Groves.  The crowd will be large and dressed in purple as the Indians led by Texas commit Roschon Johnson at quarterback feel like they have the personnel to take the Titans down.  Memorial has been solid in getting three wins, but far from the dominant team they fielded last year.  A good example was last week, they knocked off Lumberton 31-19 but the Titans trailed early 13-0 and not until Elijah Hines 38 yard touchdown run with 7:22 left did PAM have the game in hand.  Memorial’s defense was outstanding allowing just 158 yards of offense on the day and having to deal with four games in eighteen days certainly was a major test of Memorial’s depth and resolve.  PNG’s offense has been on fire in district play averaging over 52 points per game, as last week the Indians rolled past Baytown Lee 59-21.  Johnson had another monster game throwing for 299 yards and five touchdowns, while also rushing for another 77 yards and a touchdown in the victory. Port Arthur Memorial’s defense and the speed they bring to the table will be PNG’s biggest test to date, but Johnson and his crew of playmakers seem to be peaking at the right time and I look for them at home to turn this into a high scoring shootout which plays right into the Indians hands.
Stepp’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves by 10
Maxs Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Ishmaels Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Bradys Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Teppers Pick: Port Neches-Groves

-texasfootball.com

7 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Port Arthur Memorial (4-0, 4-0) at Port Neches-Groves (4-0, 3-0)
The 22-5A title will likely be on the line as last year’s district champion Port Arthur Memorial will face easily their toughest test of the year this week as they visit what will be a hornets nest at Port Neches-Groves.  The crowd will be large and dressed in purple as the Indians led by Texas commit Roschon Johnson at quarterback feel like they have the personnel to take the Titans down.  Memorial has been solid in getting three wins, but far from the dominant team they fielded last year.  A good example was last week, they knocked off Lumberton 31-19 but the Titans trailed early 13-0 and not until Elijah Hines 38 yard touchdown run with 7:22 left did PAM have the game in hand.  Memorial’s defense was outstanding allowing just 158 yards of offense on the day and having to deal with four games in eighteen days certainly was a major test of Memorial’s depth and resolve.  PNG’s offense has been on fire in district play averaging over 52 points per game, as last week the Indians rolled past Baytown Lee 59-21.  Johnson had another monster game throwing for 299 yards and five touchdowns, while also rushing for another 77 yards and a touchdown in the victory. Port Arthur Memorial’s defense and the speed they bring to the table will be PNG’s biggest test to date, but Johnson and his crew of playmakers seem to be peaking at the right time and I look for them at home to turn this into a high scoring shootout which plays right into the Indians hands.
Stepp’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves by 10
Maxs Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Ishmaels Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Bradys Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Teppers Pick: Port Neches-Groves

-texasfootball.com

PAM wins

On 10/11/2017 at 1:30 PM, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I hear ya. I also know that an onside kick recovery with 35 seconds left would have made that game look entirely different. It goes from being points received in garbage time on one side, to being possible game mismanagement on the other if they had scored. Then those garbage time points don't look like garbage. But that is all hypothetical. They didn't recover the onside and lost the game. My point is, if Memorial wants to win this game this year, they better put it away and never let up. They have the players to do it.

you know hughs didn't get the first on that 4th down, so injuns scored 21 points. it's on the reply on youtube for those who think i'm making this up. CLEARLY he was a yard short.