PAM vs PNG

pakronos

33 minutes ago, Reagan said:

No.  But I've seen PAM's defense.  And, again, PN-G has beaten teams with a combined record of 7-19.  And, again, Nederland was scoring a bunch of points until they ran into PAM's defense.

So you're  comparing Nederlands offense to PNG's offense. Because Ned couldn't score, PNG won't be able to?

I think a much better PAM team will show up Friday.  I think the Indians are flying high.  Who's going to win?  I'm reminded of many years ago when I went to Evangeline Downs to watch Thorobred horse racing.  One particular race two horses were neck and neck at the wire and the announcer, instead of calling a winner said, Who do you like?  That was a good race.  This is going to be a good football game.

I do believe both teams will come to play. We MUST wrap up and tackle. If not, it will be a long night. Curious to see if we will be able to move the ball running. Haven't seen the PAM D but they were quick last year so i expect they will be again this year. I have a feeling our H backs will get more than usual passes in this game which is ok because they are both big and can catch and run. 

7 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

I do believe both teams will come to play. We MUST wrap up and tackle. If not, it will be a long night. Curious to see if we will be able to move the ball running. Haven't seen the PAM D but they were quick last year so i expect they will be again this year. I have a feeling our H backs will get more than usual passes in this game which is ok because they are both big and can catch and run. 

One thing we did do was able to move the chains running and with a few penalties on PAM. Depends on how committed you will be to the running game. Ward was 25-119yds. That front is damn good! It also helped having a short field at times due to special teams.

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

The first word was fairly clear.  But I do know that the competition (7-19 record) has been pretty bad so far.  Have you seen PAM's defense? 

Yes you are right and yes I saw a couple of game tapes on PAM. I, however, do not believe it to be a fair comparison to lump Nederland and PN-Gs offenses together. Two very different offenses. PNG has played a half a game every week. Trying to runout the clock from the half every week the entire season. 

7 hours ago, Raider24 said:

One thing we did do was able to move the chains running and with a few penalties on PAM. Depends on how committed you will be to the running game. Ward was 25-119yds. That front is damn good! It also helped having a short field at times due to special teams.

one of those runs was for 35- 40 yards

34 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Lumberton has set the bar pretty high with 19, more than double the total from Nederland, Ozen, and Central combined. 

Should be a great match up  between PNG Offense/PAM defense

if you seen HOW they scored, it's not against PAM's defense. it was two special team plays that were pretty much identical. bad snap, blocked punt rolls into the endzone=td. they scored once on PAM's defense.

okay, I see MOST people from both sides are being realistic and not fan boys. the people saying PNG is going to run away with it, sit down. I still have PAM losing 35-24. my reasons IMO are valid. unless Harrison put 5 db's  in the secondary, I see NOBODY stopping Riggs and Hughs, assuming Hughs will play some at WR. I'm not worried about PNG or boy wonder running on us to put on a clinic like hines did to them last year. I do expect Johnson to get one or two 40 yard runs. I expect the injuns to be held under 110 on the ground.

20 minutes ago, pakronos said:

if you seen HOW they scored, it's not against PAM's defense. it was two special team plays that were pretty much identical. bad snap, blocked punt rolls into the endzone=td. they scored once on PAM's defense.

Twice, the 30 yard run off of the low snap on punt attempt that gave Lumberton the ball inside the 40 and the 20 yd pass in the 4th qtr. Blocked punt was recovered in the end zone for TD.