PAM vs PNG

pakronos

PAM had a very impressive and athletic D, which will challenge png's explosive offense...Johnson is a legit threat and he will get his, but he will need some help and he will have to work a little harder to be successful against the Titan D (although I think he will have his fair share of success, the kid is just that good).

Offensively, PAM did not impress me and appear one dimensional to me by struggling in the pass game...it appeared to me the PAM became afraid to throw the ball against Nederland and became totally one dimensional.

Tough pick, but I will say:

png     28

PAM    17

2 hours ago, ciscokid1989 said:

A lot of y'all png fans giving my boys no respect but that's ok come Friday night u will

we got all the respect in the world for them, we just think we have a good shot to win, why you getting your feelings hurt, you struggled with Lumberton, Nederland got yall scared to throw the ball. We have a very young sophomore heavy defense that is still learning, should be a good game.

2 hours ago, ciscokid1989 said:

Ch96 u must be on that good stuff no way png will blow us out it may b the other way around what make u say png will blow out memorial. Y'all showing no respect too my Titans

Dude fact is EVERYONE picked Memorial before the season. Now that we see the product and it doesn't match up to what it was billed to be on Offense, people jumped off the bandwagon. Complete a few passes they will be right back on board

Im not counting them out (PAM) but I think this game they come to play like they did last year. If PNG can play defense and not give up stupid long runs by putting the Safety in coverage and leaving the middle open for the RB / QB run straight down our throat for a 60 yarder we have a good shot. Two of Baytowns scores were give mes, other than that and stupid penalties on us if we can get that under control we have a good shot. PNG will put up some scores I don't doubt that for a minute, My question Is if PNG does put up more than 35 and comes out with a W, I guess it will be because of the refs or some other excuse, will yall still say PNG hasn't faced any competition? The way I see it PNG makes the Playoffs, PAM makes the playoffs, Ned makes the Playoffs, and im Assuming Vidor also. That is all im worried about. This PAM front seven is gonna be a hard matchup, may not run up the middle on them but the outside may be key.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, PortArthur33 said:

The games are the way they are because you're on dimensional on offense. Against decent defenses, Mem poses no legitimate threat throwing the ball so the Def loads the box and beats up the runners.  Throwing against trash teams is one thing, against decent D's are another, and they just won't against good defenses.  Lumberton does not have a good secondary and we were scared to throw the ball, so it honestly makes sense to run Vidor's offense.  

Could you imagine Memorial running Vidors offense?

I have Memorial winning this.  This will be the most athletic defense that PN-G has faced.  Boy Wonder will been to make some spectacular passes WHILE running for his life because there will be heat...

Memorial has 2 monsters in the backfield and as long as they get fed, memorial will pull it out by 2 scores when it's said and done...

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

PAK is playing this all wrong. Here's the facts. PAM has better athletes than PNG. They also have the best RB in the district. PNG has the best QB and WR in the district. Everyone knows a beast defense can handle a finesse offense. So it should spell for a PAM win. One thing I know is that all the trash has been talked, now the game will be played. Games likes these come down to momentum and turnovers. And games like these also have studs step up and show what they are all about. I have stated all year PAM wins the district. As long as we have RJ, I feel like we always have a chance. But do not twist this up like PNG is some type of heavy favorite. For PNG to win, we will need to play lights out and need PAM to play average. If both teams play lights out, look for PAM to win. It's a matchup nightmare IMO. BF is not going to load the box, so what you will see is another College Station situation. PNG will win. Only if RJ takes over and has a monster game. He is very capable of doing this. So I will say, PAM wins, unless RJ goes beast mode for 4 quarters. And as I like to say, put your Pom poms down and watch some film...... Don't drink the kool aid and get to the facts. PAK, quit trying to save face just in case PAM loses... And for 85, don't count out the bubble........ odds are stacked against us, but that's why you have to play the game.....

no sir, not trying to save face. Xbox hasn't showed anything. meaning he is using some interesting formations, but doing the same play. Nederland knew when jones went  undercenter, hines was getting the ball. my dead grandma knew hines was getting the ball.look at film. Hines ISN'T running like he was last year, the line is getting whipped at the line, now with Nixon hurt in the secondary, that just opened a bigger window for RJ to throw. have a TE that we don't throw to smh...give me last years wr's, PAM wins this game. xbox TELLING  jones who to throw to smh...#8 frances aka luck whitehead have speed, but i don't trust his hands!! he is fumble prone. I'm not too worried aboout png running the ball. it's the passing game and PAM's lack of one. 35-24 Injuns.

5 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

hmmnn interesting so explain to me what happened with Lumberton, I heard they blocked a punt and scored is that true

they blocked two punts due to a low snap. thats how they scored two of the three td's. the punter was standing on the 10 yard line. other wise, lumberton offense was never a threat, except between the 20's at times. penalties kept drives alive for them.

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

we got all the respect in the world for them, we just think we have a good shot to win, why you getting your feelings hurt, you struggled with Lumberton, Nederland got yall scared to throw the ball. We have a very young sophomore heavy defense that is still learning, should be a good game.

pump the brakes bia lol...nederland game had some things that nederland game planned for and a wet natural grass field slowed PAM offense down too.Hines and Jones couldn't cut. again, Lumberton played hard, but imo, PAM couldn't get out their own way. two low snaps on punts practically from our endzone, GAVE lumberton two TD's.

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Dude fact is EVERYONE picked Memorial before the season. Now that we see the product and it doesn't match up to what it was billed to be on Offense, people jumped off the bandwagon. Complete a few passes they will be right back on board

i don't know if it's inexperience on the o-line, which to be honest, NOBODY saw or accounted for. Xbox play calling?? until saturday, they started to throwing to the sideline a few times. that's the set up to go down field. we haven't seen that all season. if xbox call the same game like he did for bambi, this might be the preseason hype with the only negative being the oline.