PAM vs PNG

pakronos

Gonna start by saying 

PNG 35 

PAM 24

ill take an ugly win like against lumberton, but titanation we got some concerns. Offensive line has not come together. Hines isn't running hard. Koby Martin needs to get some carries. Hughs and Riggs will be running all over the secondary if the front 7 don't get to shug. 

27 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Gonna start by saying 

PNG 35 

PAM 24

ill take an ugly win like against lumberton, but titanation we got some concerns. Offensive line has not come together. Hines isn't running hard. Koby Martin needs to get some carries. Hughs and Riggs will be running all over the secondary if the front 7 don't get to shug. 

35-31 PNG

Before the season  and based on what I thought Memorial was going to develop into by this point, I would have had your score 35 - 24 but in favor of Memorial. PNG should actually have a passing game this time. This year's receiving corps is much more confident then last year. I still think my brother gets sacked  about 6 times.  Running game should be more effective than last year from the running back position with the three guys rotating in. Just worried about the defense, Memorial will have their moments to shine. Got to play sound defense. Jones has thrown an an interception in almost every game so we should have opportunities there. Hopefully coach Harrison picks up The Waterboy Playbook

Our first test. We have to wrap up, period. We have faced some good athletes with Baytown studs, #17 from Livingston, and #4 tonight. Hines will tear us up if we don't wrap up. We have great penetration into the back field and hit the runners, but they squirt loose. We have so many weapons on offense, we just need to keep blocking. Hughes has stepped up in that receiver position letting some pressure off Riggs. Should be interesting...

14 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Everyone drinks a different kool aid.... PAM will put up points especially if Hines is back 100%. PNG will need to play its best defensive 4 quarters of the year in order to win...

I Have no faith in our offense come Friday.  defense don't have a lot of take aways to be this good 

The games are the way they are because you're on dimensional on offense. Against decent defenses, Mem poses no legitimate threat throwing the ball so the Def loads the box and beats up the runners.  Throwing against trash teams is one thing, against decent D's are another, and they just won't against good defenses.  Lumberton does not have a good secondary and we were scared to throw the ball, so it honestly makes sense to run Vidor's offense.  

14 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I hear #20 is a beast of a runner.

Heard they were going to run him and Martin so Hines gets more rest for the playoffs.  I've seen him out there but haven't seen him play yet.  Have no idea what happened.  He looked good in the scrimmages.  Stuff like this makes you wish they had left TJ and Lincoln alone.  #20 is a hell of a runner, #17 has the best arm talent in the district, the big TE #26 hasn't touched the ball, only 1 receiver is being utilized.

6 hours ago, PortArthur33 said:

Easier said than done.  Jones and Hines won't last the season like this.  You do have a whole team to utilize.  

Jones  is built  for contact. He's STARTED at wr and on defense, at this point  I'd rather  see him running  than throwing.   That's  a 6' 1" 200 lbs man.  Hines is fine teams are  just playing  defense!