Vidor @ Lumberton

On 10/9/2017 at 6:06 AM, TenaciousK said:

Vidor will need to work on that QB/Center exchange as well. Too many fumbled snaps in that Ned game. For a system like the slot T, each play is precious to get the next first down.

I agree. That offense can't get behind the sticks, its not designed for that.   2nd and long or 3rd and long isn't good. 

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

I agree. That offense can't get behind the sticks, its not designed for that.   2nd and long or 3rd and long isn't good. 

true..but I will tell you...in all of years as a player, and spectator..I've never seen a game that had zero drives. 7 total touchdowns between vidor and ned, and they were all off the homerun ball. but..wrong post. just throwing that out there lol

1 hour ago, TenaciousK said:

true..but I will tell you...in all of years as a player, and spectator..I've never seen a game that had zero drives. 7 total touchdowns between vidor and ned, and they were all off the homerun ball. but..wrong post. just throwing that out there lol

So are you meaning that there were no sustained drives, just a few big plays that resulted in scores?

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

So are you meaning that there were no sustained drives, just a few big plays that resulted in scores?

The closest either got was Vidor at the 8 going in. Fumbled snap on 3rd down resulted in a missed FG from the 12 on 4th. Other than that...I think 33 yards was shortest touchdown. I THINK.... don't hold me to it... it was a pretty hot day lol

1 hour ago, TenaciousK said:

The closest either got was Vidor at the 8 going in. Fumbled snap on 3rd down resulted in a missed FG from the 12 on 4th. Other than that...I think 33 yards was shortest touchdown. I THINK.... don't hold me to it... it was a pretty hot day lol

The drives were stopped due to penalties. They had at least 1 penalty on every drive but the one they scored on the second play of the drive.

1 hour ago, vp93 said:

The drives were stopped due to penalties. They had at least 1 penalty on every drive but the one they scored on the second play of the drive.

oh i know..but that's part of the game.. .the slot T worked great the 1st quarter...then...it kinda fizzled. and I wish it didn't, cause I love the slot T ..it's an exciting formation when executed. a 3 headed monster of confusion and misdirection. but I was growing curious how many sweeps we were going to run for little to no gains for the remaining 3 quarters. I will say I think the pirates were driving better before they continuously had the flags.. I was really impressed with the Pirate D ...save for the 1 on 1 coverage..but the run D was great. That Joey kid was all over the place. Anyway..this is my last post about the Nederland game on this thread :D

3 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

Yeah I know which play your talking about on the fumbled snap, watched it on film today.

so Nederland wasn’t really moving the ball either besides big plays?

35 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Yeah I know which play your talking about on the fumbled snap, watched it on film today.

so Nederland wasn’t really moving the ball either besides big plays?

I don't feel comfy talking to you about Vidor's capabilities until after this week is over. LOL

Edited by TenaciousK
typo

5 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

I don't feel comfy talking to you about Vidor's capabilities until after this week is over. LOL

I'm glad you didn't tell him about Vidor switching to the shotgun for this game.  I think Coach Matthews hopes to surprise the Raiders with it. :) 

9 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Better hope Raider24 doesn't bribe his son again this week,if he does it's gonna be a long night for that pirate defense....lol

Sometimes you can't just rely on intrinsic motivation! External motivation is an aid! Plus, I was gonna do it anyway, might as well have fun with it! If anyone understands that, I know you do! Where can I get a good tint job done at a reasonable price?? lol

2 hours ago, Raider24 said:

Sometimes you can't just rely on intrinsic motivation! External motivation is an aid! Plus, I was gonna do it anyway, might as well have fun with it! If anyone understands that, I know you do! Where can I get a good tint job done at a reasonable price?? lol

Gulfway in PA,,I was there Monday..motivation goes a long way..lol