Hardin 20 Port Neches-Groves JV 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

Im happy for Hardin being 4-1, not trying to rain on their parade at all but just because they held a JV to 6 pts, a charter school to 0 & Warren to 12, do i think their defense will give anyone fits.  Not sure if their defense can do the same to Hitchcock, La Marque, Anahuac & EC.  Little different caliber.  Congrats to Hardin on being 4-1 and on their win last night.

Hardin's defense is not as good as you think. They played against a JV offensive line. Oooh. When PNG QB had time the receiver's where wide open 95% of the time. PNGs coaches wanted to win this game but also wanted to try working on the run game more.  If PNG would have tackled better on defense that game would have 6--0  PNG or a 6-6 tie..

Edited by Coach85

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Hardin's Defense is going to give some people in that District fits, i wouldn't be surprised to see them win a District game or two.....

Only if all of the district teams show up with their JV. Hardin's varsity starters are JV heroes!!!!

1 hour ago, CH96 said:

I would bet Hardin would love to have 500+ kids to choose from for the team.  

I could be wrong.. but I'm thinking that all freshmen are on the freshman team.  All kids 10-12 that are "chosen" are on varsity.  JV usually consists of non freshmen and 10-11th graders not good enough to be on varsity.  I don't know about this whole 500+ kids to choose from you're talking about.  Just sayin

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I could be wrong.. but I'm thinking that all freshmen are on the freshman team.  All kids 10-12 that are "chosen" are on varsity.  JV usually consists of non freshmen and 10-11th graders not good enough to be on varsity.  I don't know about this whole 500+ kids to choose from you're talking about.  Just sayin

Sorry, might be a slit exaggeration comparing the number of kids Hardin has to choose from compared to PNG.  Big difference in the number of Varsity caliber players available to Hardin.  I would bet the majority of PNG varsity are junior/senior verses freshman-Senior for Hardin.  

18 minutes ago, CH96 said:

Sorry, might be a slit exaggeration comparing the number of kids Hardin has to choose from compared to PNG.  Big difference in the number of Varsity caliber players available to Hardin.  I would bet the majority of PNG varsity are junior/senior verses freshman-Senior for Hardin.  

No question.  But rest assured... most if not all of PNG freshmen are probably on the freshman team.  And ANYone else that the coaching staff thinks that can be used in a varsity game is probably on varsity.  The kids that don't fit into one of those categories probably make up the JV.  That's what I'm betting.  And even if Hardin has a lot of varsity kids that would be on PNG JV...they still have some 17-18 year olds mixed in.  18 year olds are usually just physically better than 16 year olds.  That couple of years makes a difference.