21-5A vs 22-5A

Indianforever

9 hours ago, Brubaker said:

Crosby will likely catch Nederland

8 hours ago, CCRed said:

Possible, but highly unlikely.  Nederland would go D1 and Crosby most likely would go D2.  Only way that Crosby goes D1 is if BH and Dayton both make it in.  It's early, but at this point that doesn't look to be the case.  

I doubt it.  Like CCRed said, if Nederland gets in, they automatically go D1 with Port Arthur Memorial.  Crosby will get the like of PN-G, Vidor or even Central if they get things going starting this weekend.  I've always wanted my Jags to play Crosby... 

7 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

I doubt it.  Like CCRed said, if Nederland gets in, they automatically go D1 with Port Arthur Memorial.  Crosby will get the like of PN-G, Vidor or even Central if they get things going starting this weekend.  I've always wanted my Jags to play Crosby... 

We're undefeated against MECCA....

14 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I'd like to see this too but for a different reason. It would likely mean that Crosby is the 2 seed and NC is the 1 seed.

I see it as a split between 21-5A & 22-5A this year. But I will say that if either went 3-1 or 4-0 I’d guess right now it would be 22-5A this year. 

I've seen BH, KP, Crosby, Caney Creek play so far. I don't think any could beat PNG or PAM. Ned appears to have found some magic this year. Think about this though, if your starting QB goes down, could you make playoffs or win a playoff game? OK, I'm whining because that's our scenario. LOL  Seriously though, 22-5a appears to be stronger this year, but I haven't seen any of them play. I'm sure it will come down to matchups. I think Crosby or NC could win depending on who they get first round. I think the best 21-5a could do is go 2-2, but 1-3 and even 0-4 is a great possibility because I think as a district we're down this year.

15 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I've seen BH, KP, Crosby, Caney Creek play so far. I don't think any could beat PNG or PAM. Ned appears to have found some magic this year. Think about this though, if your starting QB goes down, could you make playoffs or win a playoff game? OK, I'm whining because that's our scenario. LOL  Seriously though, 22-5a appears to be stronger this year, but I haven't seen any of them play. I'm sure it will come down to matchups. I think Crosby or NC could win depending on who they get first round. I think the best 21-5a could do is go 2-2, but 1-3 and even 0-4 is a great possibility because I think as a district we're down this year.

I agree with and feel for you on the injuries, however no one gave us any slack with our injuries the last couple of years so I don’t know what to tell you. At the end of the day is your program strong enough to overcome injuries or not?

33 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I understand BH's QB going out has significantly hurt them. I do feel Crosby can still win games with their backup though. He is a sophomore but would probably start at any other school in our district with except NC. The kid will definitely be good his senior year. I also find it a little strange you keep saying Crosby is weak, yet they are averaging 47.5 points per game. But oh well. 

7 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Last year was an anomaly for Nederland, we played with injured quarterbacks all year and lost 3 studs before 2 a days started.  Nederland has won 5 of the last 6 DCs, not predicting that will necessarily happen this year, but this program is still trending closer to that than missing the playoffs.  I dont see it as finding magic as much as continuing the tradition of winning that has long been established.  

8 hours ago, CCRed said:

I understand BH's QB going out has significantly hurt them. I do feel Crosby can still win games with their backup though. He is a sophomore but would probably start at any other school in our district with except NC. The kid will definitely be good his senior year. I also find it a little strange you keep saying Crosby is weak, yet they are averaging 47.5 points per game. But oh well. 

When I watched the Crosby game, the DB's are very suspect, WR's weren't anything special. If you think this years Crosby is like the last 4 or 5 year Crosby teams then you haven't watched them. Not knocking Crosby, just don't think they as good as the last couple of years. I hope they do great the rest of the season also.

1 hour ago, Brubaker said:

Last year was an anomaly for Nederland, we played with injured quarterbacks all year and lost 3 studs before 2 a days started.  Nederland has won 5 of the last 6 DCs, not predicting that will necessarily happen this year, but this program is still trending closer to that than missing the playoffs.  I dont see it as finding magic as much as continuing the tradition of winning that has long been established.  

Last year if I remember right y'all went through a slew QB's due to injuries and such. That's what I meant by magic because over the years the QB position always had someone getting injured.

10 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

When I watched the Crosby game, the DB's are very suspect, WR's weren't anything special. If you think this years Crosby is like the last 4 or 5 year Crosby teams then you haven't watched them. Not knocking Crosby, just don't think they as good as the last couple of years. I hope they do great the rest of the season also.

It's amazing how since the Dayton and BH teams suck, they think the whole district does.

14 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Be careful basing your opinion off of that BH game. I think BH wrapped their heart and soul in to trying to defeat Crosby. We get everybody’s best shot every week. I agree we have some young kids but when you can score like we can it covers a lot of other weaknesses.