IT'S RIVALRY WEEK!

robanadana

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Would love too but it’s about 18 to 20 miles from Vidor. The proximity just doesn’t favor us. Like I said before Vidor is not a perennial powerhouse but our boys over the years have put together some good seasons and we’ve had our share of bad seasons. But I promise you they will be ready for Saturday. Hopefully we give y’all a good game. Hoping for a injury free game on both sides.

i miss the old I-10 vidor-0 signs

14 minutes ago, Realville said:

I am old enough to remember those signs. Those were hard years for sure. I think I like that we scored 84 points in our last 2 games better! Lol!

You said it.  My kids were in elementary when they were going thru that 40+ game losing streak.  I like Vidor 42 vs Interstate 10 a lot better.

Would love too but it’s about 18 to 20 miles from Vidor. The proximity just doesn’t favor us. Like I said before Vidor is not a perennial powerhouse but our boys over the years have put together some good seasons and we’ve had our share of bad seasons. But I promise you they will be ready for Saturday. Hopefully we give y’all a good game. Hoping for a injury free game on both sides.

Vidor and Nederland has been a slobberknocker for over a decade now, cant wait, two of the best coached and classy teams in the region 

On October 5, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Brubaker said:

Vidor and Nederland has been a slobberknocker for over a decade now, cant wait, two of the best coached and classy teams in the region 

Amen, and in the last couple of decades, has become very competitive.  Winning breeds winning.  Have always envied schools with winning traditions, like Ned and PNG.  The mindset of the players is always, We can win.  As an example, a team without that tradition, down 3TD's at the start of the 4th Qtr is ready to go home.  Ned & PNG players are still trying to figure out how to win the game.  To mirror the ad, priceless.

Since when is Nederland Vidor a rivalry game? Nederland has one rival - PNG.

It's been a better contest the past few years but historically this series has been sporadic and one sided in Nederland's favor. If Nederland had a second rival, it would be West Orange - Stark. WOS has no rival (LCM don't count because 2 wins in 30 some odd games don't cut it).

I guess Vidor got too big for their annual game against Lumberton to call that their rivalry game.

Most schools aren't lucky enough to have a rival that the other team feels the same mutual hate/respect. Just because you play each other every year doesn't make you peers. 

40 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

It's been a better contest the past few years but historically this series has been sporadic and one sided in Nederland's favor. If Nederland had a second rival, it would be West Orange - Stark. WOS has no rival (LCM don't count because 2 wins in 30 some odd games don't cut it).

I guess Vidor got too big for their annual game against Lumberton to call that their rivalry game.

Most schools aren't lucky enough to have a rival that the other team feels the same mutual hate/respect. Just because you play each other every year doesn't make you peers. 

The rivalry talk is just to irritate the Nederland Titan Trolls! Nobody in Vidor believes that rivalry nonsense. By the way the Nederland Titans have won one game out of seven against WOS since 2004. Lol!

49 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

This has been addressed numerous times on this thread.  Had you bothered to read the whole thing you'd realize that.  As Realville said, it irritates some Ned fans.  Rivalry? No.  But two good teams lining up for a tough game.   

4 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

Well it was pretty hot out there... he might still be in puddle form. I know that even with an umbrella, the right side of my face took such a beating, that I'm loosely resembling Sandor Clegane this week.

I saw that a couple of Vidor band members and the QB were treated for heat issues, someone better make sure Rob didn't have a heat stroke.  I never understood why the bands wear wool (or whatever they are made of) uniforms in SE Texas.

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

I saw that a couple of Vidor band members and the QB were treated for heat issues, someone better make sure Rob didn't have a heat stroke.  I never understood why the bands wear wool (or whatever they are made of) uniforms in SE Texas.

I'm usually the one clamoring for the bands to wear their traditional uniforms...I know at least in vidor, they will oft-times go tees/jeans in unfavorable weather conditions..i was honestly impressed that both bands were in their actual uniforms for Saturday's game. Questionable idea... but was shocked/impressed that they did it. This will be a redundant statement - but Saturday day games just don't have the pomp of Friday night.

7 minutes ago, TenaciousK said:

I'm usually the one clamoring for the bands to wear their traditional uniforms...I know at least in vidor, they will oft-times go tees/jeans in unfavorable weather conditions..i was honestly impressed that both bands were in their actual uniforms for Saturday's game. Questionable idea... but was shocked/impressed that they did it. This will be a redundant statement - but Saturday day games just don't have the pomp of Friday night.

Yeah, no reason for those games in this climate.  I am all for the uniforms, but they can't make them out of a lighter fabric?   I know some of the issues are durability and cost, but about the only time your would want those heavy uniforms is maybe December!

Well , if you really want to know our overall records against WOS. Here it is.

Nederland 7 wins and 26 Lost vs WOS

Vidor 7 wins and 15 Lost vs WOS

There you go Nederland Titan! Lol!!!!!!!

Lol sounds like y'all need to play another 10 games to find out if the record would change for the better, Why doesn't Vidor schedule WOS? 

5 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Lol sounds like y'all need to play another 10 games to find out if the record would change for the better, Why doesn't Vidor schedule WOS? 

I think you mean another 11 games. Don’t know why we don’t play them in non district games. We usually scrimmage them. Maybe Matthews has asked an Coach T doesn’t want to play us in non District. Really don’t have an answer for you.

24 minutes ago, Realville said:

I think you mean another 11 games. Don’t know why we don’t play them in non district games. We usually scrimmage them. Maybe Matthews has asked an Coach T doesn’t want to play us in non District. Really don’t have an answer for you.

No 10, that way it's an even amount of times played for both sides. Why Jasper, bridge city and Pasadena teams? Easy Ws, need someone to challenge them instead of a cupcake schedule and wonder why no playoffs at the end of the season. Another question, do y'all ever think JM will switch to another type offense? just wondering really.

26 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

No 10, that way it's an even amount of times played for both sides. Why Jasper, bridge city and Pasadena teams? Easy Ws, need someone to challenge them instead of a cupcake schedule and wonder why no playoffs at the end of the season. Another question, do y'all ever think JM will switch to another type offense? just wondering really.

I could be wrong but I believe 15 minus 26 is 11. From what I’ve heard and read Matthews has a hard time finding teams to play us in non district games. Doesn’t have anything to do with cupcakes and ding dongs. Doubt he’ll ever change the offense but I wouldn’t mind him incorporating using the qb in the shotgun going 5 wide with TE. I think everyone in our district wouldn’t know what to do if we did that. If a receiver isn’t open then just run like we always do 99% of the time! Lol

13 minutes ago, Realville said:

I could be wrong but I believe 15 minus 26 is 11. From what I’ve heard and read Matthews has a hard time finding teams to play us in non district games. Doesn’t have anything to do with cupcakes and ding dongs. Doubt he’ll ever change the offense but I wouldn’t mind him incorporating using the qb in the shotgun going 5 wide with TE. I think everyone in our district wouldn’t know what to do if we did that. If a receiver isn’t open then just run like we always do 99% of the time! Lol

Ned 26+7=33 games 

Vidor 7+ 15= 22 games 

leaving 10 games remaining for Vidor to even the amount of games Ned has played against WOS. That's the way I was looking at it.