IT'S RIVALRY WEEK!

robanadana

4 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

I was a sophomore when Vidor beat Nederland in 2001 in a non-district game ..the first game after the 9/11 attacks. I remember the stands showed some beautiful unity in passing around a giant American flag in the Vidor stands, and the visiting Nederland stands. I also remember that game being a very defensive struggle. It came down to the final play being a blocked field goal that allowed Vidor to win 10-8. We did react like it was the biggest victory we'd ever been a part of. And to many of us, it was. I think that was the first time we had beaten Nederland in a few decades. And while that victory was huge to us...that's only a tremendous compliment to a perennial powerhouse like the Dogs were.

And though Vidor won that game.. Nederland got the last laugh by going deep into the playoffs if I remember correctly, where Vidor came up short in making the playoffs in 19-4A that year. Weird year.. Beat Nederland, Beat PNG...couldn't get in playoffs in our district.

Yes, Nederland went to the semi-finals that year 

my eyes and mind say vidor, gut says the dogs. Dogs been battled tested and came out pretty good against the top ranked defense in the area. now fact is,ALL teams until PAM and Ned last night, been eating cupcakes getting fat. Vidor munched on blue and gold  and maroon and gray cupcakes for two weeks. I think Monty will have them focused on stopping the run. no doubt vidor will bust out a few big plays. i say jump ball to 22 until they stop him.

I rarely reply on these threads, normally I like to follow the live updates as they are being posted but I thought, what heck, why not enter into this one! I, as well as many other people I speak with, have never really considered ned as “our rival” any more nor any less than any other team we play. Yes, a win against some teams may be sweeter than others just as a loss against some teams may hurt a little more than others. But at the end of the game, they were still a group of young boys on the field. 

As for the mid-crazy madness, it’s true, that is the only real rivally around here! And why is that? And does anyone outside of png and ned really care. The only thing that means anything is how it affects the standings. That’s the only reason anyone else would care. But as it was pointed out that Vidor and ned aren’t rivals it does bring up a question about last years game, why would kids from ned say if Vidor won there would be a fight on the field? It wasn’t coming from the kids in Vidor, the Pirates gave that beating during the game. Anyways, I’m so glad ned kept Memorial in “check” last night but a check isn’t a win. Good news though, ned will continue move on.

I know this thread started just to stir the pot and that’s what I’m doing, stir stir stir. 

Edited by VidorGrad-88
Mispelled word.

41 minutes ago, pakronos said:

my eyes and mind say vidor, gut says the dogs. Dogs been battled tested and came out pretty good against the top ranked defense in the area. now fact is,ALL teams until PAM and Ned last night, been eating cupcakes getting fat. Vidor munched on blue and gold  and maroon and gray cupcakes for two weeks. I think Monty will have them focused on stopping the run. no doubt vidor will bust out a few big plays. i say jump ball to 22 until they stop him.

You're pretty much correct.  Only question is Central.  As I remember prior to the season, many had Central as a sure #3.  Now PAM beat them pretty bad, but based on the posts, Central was gifting PAM with many bad snaps, giving PAM some easy scores.  Don't think they helped Vidor quite as much, but they've always had trouble with the Slot T.  Still think it's going to be a close one.  I'd go with Vidor simply on home field.  If they were playing in Nederland, I'd go with the Dogs.  Imo, for the fans, the price of admission will be money well spent.

1 hour ago, VidorGrad-88 said:

I rarely reply on these threads, normally I like to follow the live updates as they are being posted but I thought, what heck, why not enter into this one! I, as well as many other people I speak with, have never really considered ned as “our rival” any more nor any less than any other team we play. Yes, a win against some teams may be sweeter than others just as a loss against some teams may hurt a little more than others. But at the end of the game, they were still a group of young boys on the field. 

As for the mid-crazy madness, it’s true, that is the only real rivally around here! And why is that? And does anyone outside of png and ned really care. The only thing that means anything is how it affects the standings. That’s the only reason anyone else would care. But as it was pointed out that Vidor and ned aren’t rivals it does bring up a question about last years game, why would kids from ned say if Vidor won there would be a fight on the field? It wasn’t coming from the kids in Vidor, the Pirates gave that beating during the game. Anyways, I’m so glad ned kept Memorial in “check” last night but a check isn’t a win. Good news though, ned will continue move on.

I know this thread started just to stir the pot and that’s what I’m doing, stir stir stir. 

Ha, that was some tremendous effort.

8 hours ago, Michele said:

Quit with the rivalry talk already, please!  A real rivalry game will be Nederland and PNG.  Nederland will beat Vidor and continue to move on to the next opponent in line.  Kept Titans in check last night like I knew they would so not concerned with what Vidor thinks they can do.

GO BULLDOGS !!! (the TRUE Black & Gold team, not a copy cat)

We both nederville and SPAM last year. What's your point?

Besides, I LOVE the rivalry. It's like running over an ant bed with a lawn mower and watching y'all scatter. It's like a laser beam into those condescending pea brains. It's the fact you've had to live with defeat for an entire year at your house even with the players you had in striped uniforms who tried there very best to give you that game. Yeah baby, I'm back.

GO PIRATES!!!!

1 hour ago, robanadana said:

Besides, I LOVE the rivalry. It's like running over an ant bed with a lawn mower and watching y'all scatter. It's like a laser beam into those condescending pea brains. It's the fact you've had to live with defeat for an entire year at your house even with the players you had in striped uniforms who tried there very best to give you that game. Yeah baby, I'm back.

GO PIRATES!!!!

Lol.  One missed FG from loss number 60 or 65,  I can't remember.  

5 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

History sure as heck isn't on Vidors side. I mean y'all snapped 30 plus year LOSING streak (is that something to be proud of?) last year....glad after three decades it could happen for vidor at home. Can't even get their own outright DC had to share it with two other schools. 

There’s no doubt the Nederland Titans have built a winning program over the years! We all applaud you! Lol!

5 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

think this will be a great game, I got the mid county boys in this one, Sorry Pirates just think the two cupcakes games are done now district starts for yall . We have one more cupcake game then it gets real for us against PAM. Ready for Saturday to get here.

I'm just ready to get back to regular Friday games.  Having games in the early or middle of the week is throwing my schedule off.

8 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

History sure as heck isn't on Vidors side. I mean y'all snapped 30 plus year LOSING streak (is that something to be proud of?) last year....glad after three decades it could happen for vidor at home. Can't even get their own outright DC had to share it with two other schools. 

History?  You really want to go there.  At least the Pirates won (shared) the Dist Championship.  In fact, since 2016 the Pirates have won or shared the DC every year.  In that same lengthy period, Nederland has failed to make the playoffs. :) 

Btw, y'all have a shot at fourth this year to break the string.  Wish you the best of luck.

14 minutes ago, REBgp said:

History?  You really want to go there.  At least the Pirates won (shared) the Dist Championship.  In fact, since 2016 the Pirates have won or shared the DC every year.  In that same lengthy period, Nederland has failed to make the playoffs. :) 

Btw, y'all have a shot at fourth this year to break the string.  Wish you the best of luck.

Do you really want to go there?   Instead of posting a 1 year history go back a little more.  LOL.