IT'S RIVALRY WEEK!

robanadana

I wasn't aware this was a rivalry either. I mean they always seem to play each other hard, but when Vidor wins, Nederland folks act like it was just a loss and nothing more. I definitely think the game means more to Vidor in terms of rivalry.

Besides, Nederland is occupied with some purple school in a rivalry that dates back to the Cretaceous period, back when they invented football for all to enjoy.

I'm going with Nederland with a convincing win.ive said it for a while,this group is better than most think.with that being said I hope nederland continues to be labeled the underdogs each week,I know what that does to the boys.im going with the dogs by 14.

no harm intended,just an opinion.but you never know it could be differant!!!

For you newbies, and those of you who don't get on often, the folks from Vidor jokingly refer to this game as a rivalry (because it irritates many Bulldog fans).  Actually, in the minds of Vidorians, this is a Big game.  Ned has beaten Vidor so many years, they want some payback.  And now that Vidor has a winning streak against Ned, they want to extend it :) 

PS;  the eye-roll emoji would be a perfect response.  Glad they aren't available lol.

Quit with the rivalry talk already, please!  A real rivalry game will be Nederland and PNG.  Nederland will beat Vidor and continue to move on to the next opponent in line.  Kept Titans in check last night like I knew they would so not concerned with what Vidor thinks they can do.

GO BULLDOGS !!! (the TRUE Black & Gold team, not a copy cat)

I was a sophomore when Vidor beat Nederland in 2001 in a non-district game ..the first game after the 9/11 attacks. I remember the stands showed some beautiful unity in passing around a giant American flag in the Vidor stands, and the visiting Nederland stands. I also remember that game being a very defensive struggle. It came down to the final play being a blocked field goal that allowed Vidor to win 10-8. We did react like it was the biggest victory we'd ever been a part of. And to many of us, it was. I think that was the first time we had beaten Nederland in a few decades. And while that victory was huge to us...that's only a tremendous compliment to a perennial powerhouse like the Dogs were.

And though Vidor won that game.. Nederland got the last laugh by going deep into the playoffs if I remember correctly, where Vidor came up short in making the playoffs in 19-4A that year. Weird year.. Beat Nederland, Beat PNG...couldn't get in playoffs in our district.

4 minutes ago, TenaciousK said:

I was a sophomore when Vidor beat Nederland in 2001 in a non-district game ..the first game after the 9/11 attacks. I remember the stands showed some beautiful unity in passing around a giant American flag in the Vidor stands, and the visiting Nederland stands. I also remember that game being a very defensive struggle. It came down to the final play being a blocked field goal that allowed Vidor to win 10-8. We did react like it was the biggest victory we'd ever been a part of. And to many of us, it was. I think that was the first time we had beaten Nederland in a few decades. And while that victory was huge to us...that's only a tremendous compliment to a perennial powerhouse like the Dogs were.

And though Vidor won that game.. Nederland got the last laugh by going deep into the playoffs if I remember correctly, where Vidor came up short in making the playoffs in 19-4A that year. Weird year.. Beat Nederland, Beat PNG...couldn't get in playoffs in our district.

Yea that's a tough one!!

20 minutes ago, Michele said:

Quit with the rivalry talk already, please!  A real rivalry game will be Nederland and PNG.  Nederland will beat Vidor and continue to move on to the next opponent in line.  Kept Titans in check last night like I knew they would so not concerned with what Vidor thinks they can do.

GO BULLDOGS !!! (the TRUE Black & Gold team, not a copy cat)

Great post Michele, you made my point :)