To the brave NFL players who ran into the hotel

stevenash

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

That they may lose their life while doing.

Some folks appreciate and respect them for that.

They chose to take that proffesion. I chose to work in a chemical plant. If I get sick from the chemicals its on me. And I don't respect cops that shoot unarmed folks. 

6 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

And some wear socks depicting them as pigs.  Some people, including big girl, think he is some sort of hero.  I say he is a pos.

me and members of my family work hard, pay taxes, respect others of any race. Raise our kids to do the same . And our depicted as N words by many for no reason at all. and many people in this area can only laugh. Never call out the foolish person for making remarks. I have heard the n word being said all of my life, I still have many good white friends. Some of the same people that I know are upset with kapernick over the kneeling, were mot upset when James byrd was dragged behind a pickup truck.

4 minutes ago, six burg said:

me and members of my family work hard, pay taxes, respect others of any race. Raise our kids to do the same . And our depicted as N words by many for no reason at all. and many people in this area can only laugh. Never call out the foolish person for making remarks. I have heard the n word being said all of my life, I still have many good white friends. Some of the same people that I know are upset with kapernick over the kneeling, were mot upset when James byrd was dragged behind a pickup truck.

13 minutes ago, six burg said:

5 minutes ago, six burg said:

Who is disrespecting who?  Kaepernick kneels, claiming he is doing so, because he feels blacks are being treated unfairly by the police.  Then he turns around and wears those socks.  He is just attempting to fan the flames of hatred towards the police.  And, how in the heck did the N word get drug into this discussion.

6 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Who is disrespecting who?  Kaepernick kneels, claiming he is doing so, because he feels blacks are being treated unfairly by the police.  Then he turns around and wears those socks.  He is just attempting to fan the flames of hatred towards the police.  And, how in the heck did the N word get drug into this discussion.

He did't need to wear the socks in my book. But has he done anything illegal yet. Maybe disrespectful to some, but not illegal. The fireman in pennsylvania was very disrespectful calling Mike Tomlin the n- word but know one complained about that, including Tomlin

39 minutes ago, six burg said:

If you don't like hearing the N word then quit listening to rap music.

Here's my opinion. If they want to protest violence, then kick all the guys out of the NFL that has committed domestic violence. Kick Joe Mixon and the rest out. If they want to protest then tell them to quit their multi million dollar job and go overseas and fight with the young men and women who risk their lives for them to play a game they love. All I see is the NFL protesting about oppression. What about the women being abused by these NFL guys. Not just blacks but all other ethnic origins. I'm not a racist guy at all. But to me if you want to disrespect the flag and the anthem. Then quit you multi million dollar job and go fight with those YOUNG MEN and WOMEN who are fighting for your FREEDOM.

55 minutes ago, six burg said:

Do you personally say the N word or allow it spoken in your house?

2 hours ago, six burg said:

They chose to take that proffesion. I chose to work in a chemical plant. If I get sick from the chemicals its on me. And I don't respect cops that shoot unarmed folks. 

I didn’t choose to work at a chemical plant, and if I get sick living close to them it’s on me. So don’t give us the ol pity me, I may get sick working at a plant, when any one who lives near one is in the same boat. But I respect cops!

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Do you personally say the N word or allow it spoken in your house?

My family doesn't use the n word or any word that disrespects any race. My kids would be very disappointed if they heard me disrespect ANY race. They know that all races have good and bad people

1 hour ago, six burg said:

My family doesn't use the n word or any word that disrespects any race. My kids would be very disappointed if they heard me disrespect ANY race. They know that all races have good and bad people

Then why do you get in here and disrespect the whites?

11 hours ago, six burg said:

I will bet that if someone called you to task on this, you couldn't provide a single name since the two circumstances were nearly 20 years apart.   I know how good it sounds and how you believe it bolsters your narrative, but I am very confident that you have had ZERO conversations where you asked someone who was upset with the Kaepernick situation and they said yes and then you followed up regarding the Byrd situation and they said no.  Get real, please.

32 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I will bet that if someone called you to task on this, you couldn't provide a single name since the two circumstances were nearly 20 years apart.   I know how good it sounds and how you believe it bolsters your narrative, but I am very confident that you have had ZERO conversations where you asked someone who was upset with the Kaepernick situation and they said yes and then you followed up regarding the Byrd situation and they said no.  Get real, please.

Exactly...if I had friends that I found out they had no problem with the James Byrd situation, they wouldn't be a friend I would want.

Get real is very good advice here...the argument is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, stevenash said:

Yes they are and no where, in any of their contracts, is a clause that provides for offering social and political opinions,

Nor is there a clause saying they can’t.  Muhammad Ali was despised by millions in his career because he spoke about social and political issues.  I heard him called the N word many times.  My dad was a Foreman fan - he loved all things Texas.  But he also spoke highly of Ali taking a stand for what he believed in, even though he and Ali actually agreed on very little.  And Ali died an American Icon who was revered by most.   

You guys can claim what you want, but it’s not the act that pisses you off, it’s the message.  I get that.  But let’s stop with the “I wish athletes would shut up and play” and “I wish Hollywood would shut up and act.”  I doubt any of you were offended by Tom Brady’s open support of Trump, or Clint Eastwood’s support of Romney.  Charlton Heston was beloved by the GOP for his activism.  But if someone doesn’t agree with you...

I get the difference with the anthem issue.  I don’t personally care but I get it.  But unlike a lot of hypocrites, it has nothing to do with the message.  In fact, although I don’t personally agree obviously, I had a greater respect for Brady during the last election.  He was wearing a MAGA hat in a place where it was incredibly unpopular.  Wasn’t an easy thing to do, I’m sure. 

21 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Nor is there a clause saying they can’t.  

The NFL fines players for wearing their socks a half inch too short.  Goddell’s job is to protect the image of the league and keep the money flowing in   This protest he is allowing is directly affecting each team’s bottom line.  

Muhammad Ali was despised by millions in his career because he spoke about social and political issues.  

Ali was a boxer in an individual sport.  This comparison doesn’t even make sense.

But let’s stop with the “I wish athletes would shut up and play” and “I wish Hollywood would shut up and act.”

Most fans watch sports to get away from the BS of real life.  It’s a few hours a week where we can drink beer, watch football, and forget about our problems.  If I want to see protest, I’ll watch the news. 

I doubt any of you were offended by Tom Brady’s open support of Trump, or Clint Eastwood’s support of Romney.  

Supporting a candidate and disrespecting our country and law enforcement isn’t even on the same level.  The only reason anyone cared who Brady supported is that it didn’t follow what most of the NFL players wanted.  Dumb comparison.

I get the difference with the anthem issue.  I don’t personally care but I get it.  But unlike a lot of hypocrites, it has nothing to do with the message.  In fact, although I don’t personally agree obviously, I had a greater respect for Brady during the last election.  He was wearing a MAGA hat in a place where it was incredibly unpopular.  Wasn’t an easy thing to do, I’m sure. 

I responded in bold.  None of what you said made any sense or is anyway relevant to the nfl protest.  

14 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I responded in bold.  None of what you said made any sense or is anyway relevant to the nfl protest.  

I’m not shocked it didn’t make any sense to you.  Most of your response didn’t make any sense and was largely irrelevant.  

Another guy that loves the 2nd amendment but the first only matters if you agree with the message.

But your Aggies have done a good job leading the charge.