Mass shooting in Vegas

PhatMack19

4 minutes ago, Englebert said:

That line of thinking comes straight out of your fantasyland. According to you, all White people, or the majority of White people are bigots and racist and want nothing short of extermination of all minorities and Jews. Is that about right? What percentage of White people do you consider to be racist? Please give a number and reveal to those that already don't see it how warped and pathetic your line of thinking is when referring to race relations.

Here's the reality, the difference between you and I is that we have totally different definitions of racism. You want to draw a line at civil rights and say that everything prior to the movement shouldn't count anymore because "blacks" have their rights and they should just get over it. You refuse to see systematic racism and "white flight" to communities such as Lumberton, Vidor, and PNG as a peril that has kept AAs in their current social status for much longer than necessary. You refuse to see how pumping money into the west end of Beaumont and no where else has caused the other parts of the community to deteriorate while the "white" side of town has grown and flourished. You don't see those things.,,,you don't want to see those things. You just want to spout your self righteous crap and pat yourself on the back for not promoting "extermination of minorities and Jews" and use that as proof that you are not racist. I'd implore you to consider being a part of the solution and not a part of the problem.

3 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

And you know what else, you've got some kind of balls to tell a black man that he doesn't have any idea about the topic of racism. Good Lord you people are a piece of work.

What makes you think that a Black man has the clairvoyance to determine the difference between a White man's experiences versus a Black man's experiences, but a White man is too stupid or incapable of like analysis. And what makes you think a Black man living in Seattle has any clue as to the plight of any Black man in Georgia, or New York, or Beaumont, TX. And more importantly, what makes you feel you are qualified to discuss race relations? Did you read the daily headlines from some whack-job Liberal newspaper then think, "I believe most White people want to kill all minorities". Somebody has done a number on you, which would be embarrassing for a normal person. But yet here you are, showing your intelligence level for all the world the see. Yeah, we know who is the piece of work. 

17 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Here's the reality, the difference between you and I is that we have totally different definitions of racism. You want to draw a line at civil rights and say that everything prior to the movement shouldn't count anymore because "blacks" have their rights and they should just get over it. You refuse to see systematic racism and "white flight" to communities such as Lumberton, Vidor, and PNG as a peril that has kept AAs in their current social status for much longer than necessary. You refuse to see how pumping money into the west end of Beaumont and no where else has caused the other parts of the community to deteriorate while the "white" side of town has grown and flourished. You don't see those things.,,,you don't want to see those things. You just want to spout your self righteous crap and pat yourself on the back for not promoting "extermination of minorities and Jews" and use that as proof that you are not racist. I'd implore you to consider being a part of the solution and not a part of the problem.

That is just pathetic and childish. You don't know squat about me or the subject, and you are the very definition of the problem. Keep calling me a racist and a bigot. Keep calling my whole family, relatives, and friends racists and bigots. Your ignorance is more profound every time you post. How about you start educating yourself of the effects of throwing money at a problem instead of rooting out the cause. Read a book or two on the negative effects of social justice engineering. You want to get on here and try to spout your superior intellectual capacities in a condescending manner, while totally oblivious to the fact that you know nothing. And your mind is obviously warped by the searing hatred someone instilled in you.

4 minutes ago, Englebert said:

What makes you think that a Black man has the clairvoyance to determine the difference between a White man's experiences versus a Black man's experiences, but a White man is too stupid or incapable of like analysis. And what makes you think a Black man living in Seattle has any clue as to the plight of any Black man in Georgia, or New York, or Beaumont, TX. And more importantly, what makes you feel you are qualified to discuss race relations? Did you read the daily headlines from some whack-job Liberal newspaper then think, "I believe most White people want to kill all minorities". Somebody has done a number on you, which would be embarrassing for a normal person. But yet here you are, showing your intelligence level for all the world the see. Yeah, we know who is the piece of work. 

Just for clarities sake, are you contending that white people in this country have encountered racism that is comparable to the racism that the AA community has dealt with? Are you saying that AAs in Seattle don't encounter the same type of racism that exists in the south? So the black man from Seattle has no idea what "real" racism is because he's never lived in Georgia or Beaumont?

There was a time that I didn't discuss race relations. A time where I stuck my head in the sand and tried to act like everything was ok. Then I started having conversations with my AA friends and co-workers and genuinely asking them to explain their experiences and perspective. I listened to them tell stories of white dads who threatened them with guns when they came to pick up their dates. Stories of SETX dads who clearly told these guys that their daughter would never date a "ni.....". Stories of being followed around in stores and threatened in parking lots by white men who said they got too close to their white wives when walking beside them. And listen, these aren't your "crotch grabbing", "gang clothes wearing" AAs that you guys blame everything on, these men work in a professional setting and mostly have college degrees. Even with those qualifiers that you all say would "change things", they have had these experiences. I could keep going on, but with each conversation my heart broke a little more, I understood a little more, and I got angrier. That's what qualifies me to discuss racial relations. I have actually spent time with those affected and genuinely listened and considered their stories.

What qualifies you? Headlines on fox news or infowars? Maybe you could try to sit down with an AA co-worker and ask him to explain to you what it's like being a black man in America. It might blow your mind.  

6 minutes ago, Englebert said:

That is just pathetic and childish. You don't know squat about me or the subject, and you are the very definition of the problem. Keep calling me a racist and a bigot. Keep calling my whole family, relatives, and friends racists and bigots. Your ignorance is more profound every time you post. How about you start educating yourself of the effects of throwing money at a problem instead of rooting out the cause. Read a book or two on the negative effects of social justice engineering. You want to get on here and try to spout your superior intellectual capacities in a condescending manner, while totally oblivious to the fact that you know nothing. And your mind is obviously warped by the searing hatred someone instilled in you.

My friend, my opinions of you have been shaped by my interactions with you on this board. If I have missed the mark, it's because you have portrayed yourself poorly. I have read plenty of books and feel pretty confident that my intellect is something you shouldn't be questioning. There is no hate in me except the hate that burns against the ideology you portray in every one of your posts on this subject. You are the worst kind, the kind that won't even open their mind to new ideas or consider that they might be wrong. You've already made your mind up before entering into the conversation so it's worthless to continue to talk to you about the subject. All I can do is continue to pray that men like you have your eyes opened, and continue to fight injustice when I encounter it. I promise you I will not get tired of the fight.

5 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

My friend, my opinions of you have been shaped by my interactions with you on this board. If I have missed the mark, it's because you have portrayed yourself poorly. I have read plenty of books and feel pretty confident that my intellect is something you shouldn't be questioning. There is no hate in me except the hate that burns against the ideology you portray in every one of your posts on this subject. You are the worst kind, the kind that won't even open their mind to new ideas or consider that they might be wrong. You've already made your mind up before entering into the conversation so it's worthless to continue to talk to you about the subject. All I can do is continue to pray that men like you have your eyes opened, and continue to fight injustice when I encounter it. I promise you I will not get tired of the fight.

I was responding to your other post, but jumped to this one because it is a real doozy.

Please enlightened me and the fellow uneducated/bigoted/racist board members on how you have come to your conclusion about me. Please show some evidence of my perceived (fabricated) racist behavior. How am I the "worst kind"? Please indulge us with some unperceived evidence from the self-labeled purveyor of knowledge. You accuse me of not opening my eyes to new ideas and that I have already made my mind up. Please give evidence of this contention. Your only argument in the evidence department is to use the worn out pathetic Liberal tactic of personal assault. And as I have stated many times on this board, I respond in kind. You came on here and basically called everyone a racist without the foggiest clue of what you were talking about, and I responded in kind. Why does it drive people like you insane when your same Liberal tactics of "debate" are reversed?

39 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Just for clarities sake, are you contending that white people in this country have encountered racism that is comparable to the racism that the AA community has dealt with? Are you saying that AAs in Seattle don't encounter the same type of racism that exists in the south? So the black man from Seattle has no idea what "real" racism is because he's never lived in Georgia or Beaumont?

There was a time that I didn't discuss race relations. A time where I stuck my head in the sand and tried to act like everything was ok. Then I started having conversations with my AA friends and co-workers and genuinely asking them to explain their experiences and perspective. I listened to them tell stories of white dads who threatened them with guns when they came to pick up their dates. Stories of SETX dads who clearly told these guys that their daughter would never date a "ni.....". Stories of being followed around in stores and threatened in parking lots by white men who said they got too close to their white wives when walking beside them. And listen, these aren't your "crotch grabbing", "gang clothes wearing" AAs that you guys blame everything on, these men work in a professional setting and mostly have college degrees. Even with those qualifiers that you all say would "change things", they have had these experiences. I could keep going on, but with each conversation my heart broke a little more, I understood a little more, and I got angrier. That's what qualifies me to discuss racial relations. I have actually spent time with those affected and genuinely listened and considered their stories.

What qualifies you? Headlines on fox news or infowars? Maybe you could try to sit down with an AA co-worker and ask him to explain to you what it's like being a black man in America. It might blow your mind.  

That first sentence illustrates precisely that you have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about. I'm saying that you have zero clue as to what experiences people of all races go through. You talk to a few friends then make blanket judgments about people you have no clue about. Not only do you make blanket judgments, including negative racial stereotypes, you condescendingly admonish those you perceive as participating in the same practice. I could be wrong, but it seems clear that you do not have a background in the studies of race relations, but merely rely on stories passed on by friends or acquaintances...which somehow sets you on a pinnacle enabling you to pass judgment on the peons.

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I'll say this, without saying all your points are not valid or true. I do not know a single Caucasian person who has ever or would ever threaten another person for walking too close to somebody. I also don't know a single person who would threaten with a gun or any other weapon for that matter another person coming to pick up a date. Does that happen, maybe, probably, but there is a ton of stupid/ignorant people out there that do ignorant things such as the examples you have described. But, the vast majority of Caucasian citizens would not do that. The problem would be the small percentage of people who would. It is not a matter of white vs black. It is a matter of morality and kindness to others, regardless of race. And the sad fact is, there are people out there, white and black alike, who lack morals and lack the ability to just be kind to others. 

On 10/8/2017 at 2:58 PM, baddog said:

Yes, one man with a machine gun, firing on a crowd of  22,000 for over 10 minutes, barely eclipsed the number of murders over a Labor Day weekend in Chicago, but Chicago keeps going, and going, and going........not a good comparison.

On 10/9/2017 at 5:49 PM, Englebert said:

I offered no rebuttal because you ran like a frightened schoolgirl the last time you were challenged to defend your statements. But if you would like a quick analysis of your flawed logic, I will be happy to oblige.

You start off with a blanket irrational negative stereotype that you have zero supporting evidence. It's hard to take anything you say seriously after that gem. You then try to support that false narrative with flawed analysis. You said that "Hence why a white man walking by your wife in Parkdale Mall parking lot at night doesn't elicit much of a response from her, but a black man walking by at the same time will cause her to tense up and ensure she has her gun in her purse." You must have been fed that crap by the Liberal media. If a Black man is walking by me in Parkdale Mall, I might tense up a little...if he is dressed out in gang clothing. If he is dressed in a 3 piece suit I wouldn't think twice about it. If a White man walks by in gang clothing, I would tense up a little. If he is dressed in a 3 piece suit I wouldn't think twice about it. But you have to interpret that as racism/bigotry. You seem to have an irrational fear of Wlhite people having an irrational fear of Black people...these same White people that passed and support Civil Rights legislation, passed and support Affirmative Action and countless other minority targeted agendas, the same White people that passed and support trillions of dollars targeted to minorities. Who do you think the irrational one is in this all too real scenario?

H

On 10/4/2017 at 8:56 AM, 2wedge said:

I love how the right loves to call things #fakenews, but leans on infowars sites of it's ilk for their information. 99% of the links posted here are from sites that would classify as #fakenews. This board is full of Trump puppets that do as he says.

Yep.  I think that it is funny how people on this board always talk about black on black crime in Chicago. A white man shot 500 people in one day. Is that a record? Many on this board attempt to depict black people as savages, they won't admit that all races have people that are animalistic.

5 minutes ago, Big girl said:

H

Yep.  I think that it is funny how people on this board always talk about black on black crime in Chicago. A white man shot 500 people in one day. Is that a record? Many on this board attempt to depict black people as savages, they won't admit that all races have people that are animalistic.

Wow, way to repost yourself. You are not Big Girl.

I think it is more funny how you DON'T talk about black on black crime. We have thoroughly discussed this one.

7 hours ago, Englebert said:

The truth hurts

On 10/8/2017 at 2:58 PM, baddog said:

Yes, one man with a machine gun, firing on a crowd of  22,000 for over 10 minutes, barely eclipsed the number of murders over a Labor Day weekend in Chicago, but Chicago keeps going, and going, and going........not a good comparison.

A white person shot 558 people. Think about that. If he were black, you guys would call him all types of names.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

H

Name one person that doesn't believe there are wackos from every race. You Liberal leaders are making you look more foolish that you already are.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

I never said that. I mentioned that most of the Republicans on this forum are racist

Name one! And let's hear your backing evidence to support that claim so we can all get a big laugh. Such unmitigated foolishness that's so embarrassing that normal people would have a tough time recovering, but I suspect that you will just keep spouting your same lies without an ounce of moral dignity.

On October 13, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Big girl said:

A white person shot 558 people. Think about that. If he were black, you guys would call him all types of names.

Did you read the post on this thread?  Evidently not.  I called him several names, and had he lived, they should've skinned him alive for the Super Bowl halftime show.  I'm convinced you're a prime example of the results found in the Dunning-Kruger Effect.