NBA violates players rights

PhatMack19

By forcing them to stand for the anthem.  They should probably sue or something.

Quote:

The National Basketball Association sent a memo late Friday to all 30 teams instructing players to stand for the US national anthem, and warning teams

there should not be any exceptions.
Quote:

The memo tells teams that 'the league office will determine how to deal with any possible instance in which a player, coach, or trainer does not stand for the anthem.'

It adds that individual teams 'do not have the discretion to waive' the rule.

This is the hidden content, please

50 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

By forcing them to stand for the anthem.  They should probably sue or something.

Quote:

The National Basketball Association sent a memo late Friday to all 30 teams instructing players to stand for the US national anthem, and warning teams

there should not be any exceptions.
Quote:

The memo tells teams that 'the league office will determine how to deal with any possible instance in which a player, coach, or trainer does not stand for the anthem.'

It adds that individual teams 'do not have the discretion to waive' the rule.

This is the hidden content, please

Appalling! 

Being the suspicious individual I am, could this memo be an indication that the NFL is losing more money than we know about?  Heaven knows there's no MSM that will investigate, or if they did find out they were, would print the story.  

Personally, I hope they're losing their kister.  Then the salaries start dropping.  Then we see how much is the convictions of the players.  I'd be willing to bet if the salaries drop enough, they'll start standing with their hands over their hearts, and most singing the Anthem.   Imo, that's how much credence they put in this show of stupidity.

The NBA has even enforced a dress code. None of that loose fitting crap. Have to wear a suit when arriving for a game. Player's rights are not at stake. 

It's like wearing blue jeans to a formal dinner. You have the right to wear them, they just don't have to let you in. 

I think the term rights is misused very often.

14 hours ago, baddog said:

The NBA has even enforced a dress code. None of that loose fitting crap. Have to wear a suit when arriving for a game. Player's rights are not at stake. 

It's like wearing blue jeans to a formal dinner. You have the right to wear them, they just don't have to let you in. 

I think the term rights is misused very often.

How rights you are.

33 minutes ago, REBgp said:

How rights you are.

Good one. What I'm getting at is that freedoms have lmitations and even our rights are controlled. Some people think it means anything goes. I mean, hasn't antifa taken peaceful protests to a new level? Funny how the only Amendment that is worshipped is the freedom of speech, which some believe empowers them to do anything. Trump calls the NFL kneelers sobs and people talk about their rights under freedom of expression/speech, and he shouldn't call them names, yet these same individuals can call Trump every name under the sun and in some twisted way, it is their right again. 

10 hours ago, baddog said:

Good one. What I'm getting at is that freedoms have lmitations and even our rights are controlled. Some people think it means anything goes. I mean, hasn't antifa taken peaceful protests to a new level? Funny how the only Amendment that is worshipped is the freedom of speech, which some believe empowers them to do anything. Trump calls the NFL kneelers sobs and people talk about their rights under freedom of expression/speech, and he shouldn't call them names, yet these same individuals can call Trump every name under the sun and in some twisted way, it is their right again. 

All true.  And everyone (should) knows that you only have all these rights when a person is on their on.  As 77 pointed out above, they can quit and protest all the time.  But when you're in school at work, or even playing in the NFL, you're subject to restrictions of rights.  For instance, you might protest fossil fuels when you're off, but I wouldn't advise doing it at work if you work for ExxonMobil.