West Orange-Stark (3-0) vs Kennedale (4-0)

Goblin

On 9/30/2017 at 0:37 PM, TxHoops said:

In Nacogdoches. 

As far as the game goes, I would normally favor Kennedale but WOS see the Wing T so much, it isn’t gimmicky to them.  And it is realllly tough to be one dimensional against the chain gang.  For that reason, I would give the Mustangs a small edge. 

I'm going opposite this time with Kennedale.  Watched WOS play Silsbee and they are good but not the same as years past. Don't get me wrong, they are still good, but not as many weapons.  Just my opinion.

14 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

I thought Silsbee limited WOS to big plays.  Problem was...every big play allowed ended up in the end zone except one and it took prob fastest dude in state to keep that from happening.

You have to stop them Everytime or it's to the house. It's tough to keep up that pace the whole game, one bad drive sets you back and then you press.

Silsbee was in it until the above. One bad drive drained their momentum and WOS answered with a TD to put it 27-17.  Fourth quarter is where Stangs put teams away. 

Mentally and then physically.

They will have to pass more though than usual if Watson can't get the edge. If he does, lights out.  Too good in open space.  Defense can be scored on though, not as dominant as last couple years but still very good.

I'm leaning 34-21 WOS. 

Believe it looks a lot like the Silsbee game.  WOS didn't make too many mistakes.  Gotta take advantage when they do.  We didn't.

+1 respect you a lot for this and totally agree

Our point output is 2-3 touchdown fewer and we are giving up more points this year.But Goblin on the other board pointed out even with that we beat all but one team by that margin or more last year.Kennedale scored 21 on us last year and has basically the same team back.You would think by what they have coming back and what we have lost player wise they will score at least 21 plus.This game will put things in perspective for the moment but rest assured the Stangs will only get better as time goes on.  

15 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Our point output is 2-3 touchdown fewer and we are giving up more points this year.But Goblin on the other board pointed out even with that we beat all but one team by that margin or more last year.Kennedale scored 21 on us last year and has basically the same team back.You would think by what they have coming back and what we have lost player wise they will score at least 21 plus.This game will put things in perspective for the moment but rest assured the Stangs will only get better as time goes on.  

Way down the road,but the 3,4,5 rounds of the playoffs will have a lot more excitement...gonna be a fun year!

4 hours ago, GUNHO said:

We also had a 38-0 lead last year and took the foot off of the pedal so that final score is misleading.

6 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Last year has come and gone.  To compare that team to this one is almost as unfair as what happened on the field for most of the 2016 WOS opponents.  This is a young team and WOS had a young team in 2015 and we know what happened.  I'm not saying they are going to win it all or win squat....no one knows.  What last years Kennedale team did against that team means nothing also.  It was garbage time let downs that allowed this score.  If anything the coaching staff will work to minimize those same letdowns.

3 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

Last year has come and gone.  To compare that team to this one is almost as unfair as what happened on the field for most of the 2016 WOS opponents.  This is a young team and WOS had a young team in 2015 and we know what happened.  I'm not saying they are going to win it all or win squat....no one knows.  What last years Kennedale team did against that team means nothing also.  It was garbage time let downs that allowed this score.  If anything the coaching staff will work to minimize those same letdowns.

I wouldn’t say it means nothing. We have the same coaching staff and some of the same players as do they.  There is an overlap between years that should be taken into account.  Either they will run it and overpower us or trick us.  If they can’t do one of those things well enough they will lose.

Hello my good people, love all the post great stuff.I just wanna say let's not over hype this game to much.This will not define the mustangs or the Wildcats.IF wos wins doesn't mean that they will go to the state championship and if they lose doesn't mean they won't same for Kennedale it's a game between 2 good teams and that's it. The state tittle will not be decided Saturday. Whoever loses will be ok like, new England and BAMA they can lose a game or 2 I'll bet my life on it in the end they will be there again great posts from all of u guys i love it. The only thing I'm upset about is that I'm stuck in Washington for the next 5 weeks working but I will have my ears on can't wait 

9 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Hello my good people, love all the post great stuff.I just wanna say let's not over hype this game to much.This will not define the mustangs or the Wildcats.IF wos wins doesn't mean that they will go to the state championship and if they lose doesn't mean they won't same for Kennedale it's a game between 2 good teams and that's it. The state tittle will not be decided Saturday. Whoever loses will be ok like, new England and BAMA they can lose a game or 2 I'll bet my life on it in the end they will be there again great posts from all of u guys i love it. The only thing I'm upset about is that I'm stuck in Washington for the next 5 weeks working but I will have my ears on can't wait 

Exactly. This is the same thing I said when we played Carthage. Should be a heck of a matchup. I'm still trying to figure out if I can get there or not. Good luck to both.

12 hours ago, Goblin said:

I wouldn’t say it means nothing. We have the same coaching staff and some of the same players as do they.  There is an overlap between years that should be taken into account.  Either they will run it and overpower us or trick us.  If they can’t do one of those things well enough they will lose.

I hear you and that is very true.  What even got me started on the post is that I hear/read comparisons between this team and last years team and the fact that WOS is "down" in certain areas.  While it is true, it is about as obvious as saying our rainfall totals are down since Harvey went away.

The Mustang defense has still only given up one sustained drive for a TD. That would be considered pretty good in any year not following last year.

I think all of Kennedale's late scores were either set up or scored on plays of 50 yards or more. I actually like our chances more if they're stringing together time-consuming drives. But nothing more frustrating than to let a run on you AND get big plays.

Last year's WO-S team was exceptional. The new Mustangs are unique in their own way. I have confidence in their abilities to score and make stops on defense. We will do a good job at running and stopping the run. I don't believe our team is anything like the team the wildcats played last week, so I expect that the (Cats) will be in for a fight to the end and they know it.

I remember the 2014 season we started out slow. Lost 2 games in non district. Nobody expected wos to make it really deep in the playoffs. Then mid way through district they just lit fire. Blow out teams in the playoffs, that wos was the underdogs in. And made it to the sc game.... So it don't matter how you start. It's about improving each week to get better. And I think this team has that potential.