Hull-Daisetta 16 Deweyville 22/FINAL 2 OT

H-D BOBCAT 55

HD's 1st team District selection DE/TE from last year #99, re-injured his groin in the 1st half, his Parents said he may be out the rest of season. Also, HD only really played 2 quarters vs D-Ville, HD Coaches made great half time adjustments. HD come alive in 2nd half. If HD would have spread D-Ville out in 1st half, HD wins this game. Gotta give the Pirates credit, they were ready to shutdown HD's offense in 1st half. The D-Ville passing attack was able to capitalize on HD's best secondary player #5 being out with concussion protocol. 

Bottom line, one heck of a game from both teams, HD is not as bad as folks thought. The Bobcats have a good scrappy defense, the QB is a play maker, #9 is an athlete that needs the ball more, #33 needs to slide in and take over for #99 on both sides of the ball, no brainer. HD will make the playoffs and could give Iola and Evadale all they want, in what lots of locals say is a down year for the Bobcats. 

I'm proud of my Pirates. Hated that I had to miss the game, but graveyard shifts held me back. Sounded like a really good game. I hope the Hull-Daiesetta's players that got hurt have a speedy recovery and heal correctly. It was a fight to the finish, and I couldn't be more proud of my boys!

Edited by DHSPiratesBaseball
misspelling

1 hour ago, BruinGrad87 said:

so youre saying half their plays they threw the ball.....? because i dont believe that...

I believe it, new coach why not try something new? I mean we have a young QB who can put it in the air that's actually pretty good. Yeah it's hard to fathom it, because they barely threw it when I was in highschool and we had guys that could throw bombs. But this is a different coach, and maybe he sees something in our offense that's good enough to pass.

5 hours ago, DHSPiratesBaseball said:

I believe it, new coach why not try something new? I mean we have a young QB who can put it in the air that's actually pretty good. Yeah it's hard to fathom it, because they barely threw it when I was in highschool and we had guys that could throw bombs. But this is a different coach, and maybe he sees something in our offense that's good enough to pass.

Have they never thrown in the past or what?

9 hours ago, DHSPiratesBaseball said:

A new coach might... but not this new coach from what I have heard of the guy....