Bridge City 14 Jasper 46/Final

WOSgrad

Poorly. 

Jasper is good, but we aren't matching up very well. Too many of our personnel are injured or playing out of position. Sad times in Cardinal land. 

I've lost count of how many kids are out at this point. E. Hamm and Lara are back this week, but rusty. 

Im not sure how many Jasper TDs they've called back. Jasper would be scoring quicker if they were playing penalty free. Dawgs driving again after we turned it over on downs. 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Poorly. 

Jasper is good, but we aren't matching up very well. Too many of our personnel are injured or playing out of position. Sad times in Cardinal land. 

I've lost count of how many kids are out at this point. E. Hamm and Lara are back this week, but rusty. 

Im not sure how many Jasper TDs they've called back. Jasper would be scoring quicker if they were playing penalty free. Dawgs driving again after we turned it over on downs. 

We got donkey stomped. Don’t feel bad

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

It was good to have our QB back after the concussion in the Silsbee. He's good enough throwing the football that it really opens up the running game that was so good tonight. I'm encouraged by the play of the defense, too. I hope you Cards can pick it up and have a good season. 

Good to see Leontay back and making an impact. 

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Injury bug hit them from what I hear.

We lost a lot of kids to graduation. We were expecting a smaller, less experienced group than last years starting unit. We really needed all of the games and practices we could get before Harvey. Combine that with the worst collection of injuries that I can remember here and this is what you end up with. Kids are playing out of position all over the place. Starting LBs on the o-line, starting corner in at RB, backup QB playing corner.... these are kids playing spots I've never seen them play before.  

Our offense isn't as inept as the score indicates. We went the length of the field on our second and third drives but came up scoreless.  

The good news is that we're starting to get some kids back now and this is our bye week. If we come back with wins against Cleveland and LCM we'll be back into the thick of things. 

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They're gonna need those 3 main athletes ready and healthy for district... Especially Denton and Baker...

Denton is done. Baker is playing, but not having tremendous success behind a struggling o-line. The good news is that the next few defenses we face won't be WOS, Newton, or Jasper, lol. Lara got his first action since the first scrimmage last night. 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Denton is done. Baker is playing, but not having tremendous success behind a struggling o-line. The good news is that the next few defenses we face won't be WOS, Newton, or Jasper, lol. Lara got his first action since the first scrimmage last night. 

Lara is that 3rd athlete I was speaking of...  Y'all will be ok...

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

We lost a lot of kids to graduation. We were expecting a smaller, less experienced group than last years starting unit. We really needed all of the games and practices we could get before Harvey. Combine that with the worst collection of injuries that I can remember here and this is what you end up with. Kids are playing out of position all over the place. Starting LBs on the o-line, starting corner in at RB, backup QB playing corner.... these are kids playing spots I've never seen them play before.  

Our offense isn't as inept as the score indicates. We went the length of the field on our second and third drives but came up scoreless.  

The good news is that we're starting to get some kids back now and this is our bye week. If we come back with wins against Cleveland and LCM we'll be back into the thick of things. 

What are y'all up to now 6 main injuries?? Talk about to dumb bad luck. Is Denton done or will he be back?