District 23-3A

Any predictions on this district this season? My four playoff teams are East Chambers, Kountze, Buna, and Anahuac. No particular order, although I do think EC wins this district. Won't put my money on it until they bet Kountze in the regular season. EC was a young squad last season, they have already shown great improvement on the football field, and played their best basketball at the end of the season. What're everyone's thoughts? 

20 hours ago, no-look said:

EC will be well coached. What does EC and Kountze have coming back? Kountze lost a good guard. 

EC has everyone returning, except two players. They looked solid during summer league, offseason weight program put some pounds on them. EC will surprise people this season. 

1. EC

2. Kountze 

3. Buna ... the rest will be random order. I’m pulling for Kountze but someone will have to step up and take over for this team. EC was really young last year plus got a couple of move ins . Buna I honestly don’t know much about but could very well flip flop with Kountze. Best of luck to Kountze though, always pulling for my alma mater .

4 hours ago, joeisbell said:

doesnt kountze usually win this district more often then not ?

Yes. But This could be a down year for Kountze. Like I’ve stated before, they will have to show me something this year. But hey I honestly didn’t have them making the Regional Semi Finals last season and they did. I’m sure Coach Joubert will get them going come playoff time. 

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yes. But This could be a down year for Kountze. Like I’ve stated before, they will have to show me something this year. But hey I honestly didn’t have them making the Regional Semi Finals last season and they did. I’m sure Coach Joubert will get them going come playoff time. 

I agree. Kountze always pulls a rabbit out of the hat when Buna, EC, and playoff roll around lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Based on some early scores I've seen I'm thinking Kountze takes the district.  Before the season started I was thinking that it would be EC based on what they had coming back and the move-ins...But I haven't been overly impressed with the EC scores I've seen... yet.  That may change.  And I'm hearing Kountze may have depth issues at some point and that may be an issue in bigger games (EC).  But my gut is saying Kountze.  I wouldn't be surprised if they split in the district though.

Buna's scores are deceptive but I think they take 3rd.

Don't know a whole lot about Kirbyville.  I guess Anahuac takes 4th...?  

The other 3 may fight it out for the (Don't be last) trophy. 

The depth issues for Kountze will improve once they get a couple guys back but still may be a issue. Also Kountzes new PG is still learning the Kountze play style. I wouldn’t be shocked if they split with EC. I’m not counting Buna Out. Losing to Huntington after blowing a 21 Point lead raises a eyebrow but so does EC losing to Orangefield. Should be fun by the time district rolls around.