Texas at Iowa St

PhatMack19

8 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

The team looked more energized the past two games when Sam was in. I dunno, I'll continue to do my coaching here from the couch.

Shane looked better than Sam in the first half.  It's tough to make those decisions I guess.  He has really struggled in this one.  But as you say, with this OL, tough to do much of anything.  5 injuries is tough to overcome.  If they don't get better fast, a very talented defense is going to get worn out over the course of a season. 

30 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

I have a feeling the Aggies will move into the top 25 after beating South Carolina Saturday. That is unless Kirk goes down with an injury. He's the difference maker in this one.

A&M is not very good, but if they beat USCe on Saturday they will definitely be ranked.  ESPN will love pumping up that Top 25 beatdown with Bama the next week.  

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's an impressive showing by the horn defense.

Cyclones were averaging 41 points and 466 yards of offense. 7 points and 256 total yards last night.

That rush defense is really something.  I was hoping it wasn't a fluke against a USC team that runs the ball really well, but only gave up 10 yards last night against a team with one of the better RBs in the league, who was averaging over 100 a game.  Unfortunately in the Big 12, stopping the run isn't as huge as it is in some other conferences.