West Orange-Stark 34 Silsbee 17/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Clown!...........just kidding, great game. Have been waiting all night for a comeback from your post earlier, only thing I could come up with. Lol. BTW, who is yalls kicker? Think I read a 46 yarder made? Nice. How has it? Plenty of distance or barely go over?

Had plenty of distance. Good 3-4 yards clearing the crossbar. He hit a 47 yarder in the Newton game

5 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Clown!...........just kidding, great game. Have been waiting all night for a comeback from your post earlier, only thing I could come up with. Lol. BTW, who is yalls kicker? Think I read a 46 yarder made? Nice. How has it? Plenty of distance or barely go over?

He still had at least 5 more yards on that kick. He's a special kid!!

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I was surprised with the amount of penalties that wos committed, mainly false starts. Bad snaps killed them tonight as well. Y'all need to get that cleaned up and make a run to state. Silsbee played much better than anybody, including myself, expected. Collins has to get some more time in the pocket!! Great job passing the ball tonght though when he could.

Didn't surprise me. I honestly thought this game would end up like it did, close until the 4th when WOS conditioning takes over. Both teams are still a little rusty(and rightfully so with what happened to our area) but that's a good thing. Because if both teams played rust and still looked fairly well, they will only get better. I'm 112% behind Silsbee now that we've played like I always am. Go Tigers!! And Go Mustangs!!!

2 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Great game Silsbee. Y'all will make some noise in the playoffs. Hopefully give Carthage all they can handle. Good luck to y'all! Side note, I heard Thomas got hurt? Didn't hear if he was ok. At the Deweyville in Hull Daisetta so the broadcast was a little scketchy out here.

I'm looking forward to Carthage, both QB's played baseball together back in the day, much respect for each other. 

3 hours ago, Back2Back said:

Soulja I found the mismatch #23 Cooper  vs Silsbee's  D...jk. Good game Tigers and good luck the rest of the way 

I did too...  When your d-1 corner held the fastest kid in the state literally HELD him to prevent from getting ran by and got a penalty.  Great mismatch.

Same to y'all good luck on the rest of the way.  This young squad will only get better...

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I did too...  When your d-1 corner held the fastest kid in the state literally HELD him to prevent from getting ran by and got a penalty.  Great mismatch.

Same to y'all good luck on the rest of the way.  This young squad will only get better...

+1 The fastest kid in the country  shouldn't  have to hold an average WR playing DB and got a penalty...... Great game all around, now  Both teams can get back to work ...... best of luck

4 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

All in all, we have a lot a work to do but i like where we’re headed. Congrats to silsbee y’all gave us what we needed , being able to throw and run and match us with speed. Best of luck to you all. Hope we both can make good runs in the playoffs and hopefully meet up at Jerry’s World 

Meet up for what dinner??  

5 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

All in all, we have a lot a work to do but i like where we’re headed. Congrats to silsbee y’all gave us what we needed , being able to throw and run and match us with speed. Best of luck to you all. Hope we both can make good runs in the playoffs and hopefully meet up at Jerry’s World 

Wish I would have got to see this one.  Sounds like it was a good one.  Good luck WOS.

I love it when fans of teams that haven't been to state in half a century or more  (not referring to just Silsbee nor just this thread) tell a team that has made THREE STRAIGHT TRIPS why they don't have what it takes to get there. Teams that have never beaten us. Teams with as many playoff appearances as we have finals appearances. 

WO-S is not as dominant as last year's team - one that will be talked about for decades. Last year's team won the SEMI-FINAL game by 42. Last year's team scored more TDs on punt returns than they allowed opposing offenses. This year's team doesn't have to be as good as last year's team to bring home another championship. 

Silsbee has an explosive offense with a lot of potential. Good game. 

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You mean like when the fastest kid in the state held our guy to keep from getting ran by. Everyone gets beat on a play every now and then. Only happened once on both of them that I can remember and it was a good hold on both sides. 

16 minutes ago, td said:

You mean like when the fastest kid in the state held our guy to keep from getting ran by. Everyone gets beat on a play every now and then. Only happened once on both of them that I can remember and it was a good hold on both sides. 

I didn't go to the game.  I listened to the broadcast.  I thought Barnes was on offense and the Stang DB held him and got a defensive holding.  Is that not what happened?

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee played well. Had some opportunities to make this one really interesting. Kudos to the Stangs on that final drive. Better team won.

Score really doesn't indicate how close this game really was, but it is what it is.

Congrats WO-S on the win.

Silsbee deserves much respect for making this game interesting (and yes, it could have been REALLY interesting). I shake my head every time I see the blowout predictions by some of our fans. I am as die hard a WO-S blue and silver blood Mustang fan as anyone on this message board, but my goodness...you should ALWAYS respect your opponent. It does not matter what your past record is against any team. WO-S is a young team and more prone to making mistakes. The lack of practice time and missed games has also put the Ponies a little behind schedule. Then you have to consider that teams give us their best effort because everyone wants to knock off the team on top. Plus, we're talking about a group of teenagers, which should make everyone be more cautious going into a game like this. 

Good game, Silsbee. I wish the Tigers a deep run in the playoffs. I will be rooting for you. 

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I didn't go to the game.  I listened to the broadcast.  I thought Barnes was on offense and the Stang DB held him and got a defensive holding.  Is that not what happened?

Barnes got held by Morris resulting in PI.

A Mustang WR got held by Barnes, who played defense tonight because a player was suspended, resulting in a PI.