FBI files charges against 4 college basketball assistants

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Probably #FakeNews

This is the hidden content, please

No where it says that Texas was interested in him!!

38 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I'm only speculating, but I doubt this type of corruption in the NCAA is limited to basketball.  Does anyone else think that the probe may extend to college football?

It’s does but the AAU circuit is a different animal and individual players make a big difference.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I'm only speculating, but I doubt this type of corruption in the NCAA is limited to basketball.  Does anyone else think that the probe may extend to college football?

41 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It’s does but the AAU circuit is a different animal and individual players make a big difference.

It’s sneaker companies in basketball.  Definitely a different animal.   There is not near the money in any sport other than basketball in shoes.  Bron & KD make more than 30 mil a year in sneaker endorsements alone.  Bryce Harper signed the biggest shoe deal in baseball history with UA for one million a year over 10 years.  A million a year is also a great deal for football.  Kids don’t buy cleats to wear to school.  But walk the halls and see how many Kobe’s or Jordans you see. 

Football is more of a booster issue, as Mack was saying. 

By the way, has nothing to do with AAU which is an organization that sponsors all kinds of youth sports.  So far Adidas and Nike, which have circuits along with UA, have garnered most of the attention.  

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

It’s sneaker companies in basketball.  Definitely a different animal.   There is not near the money in any sport other than basketball in shoes.  Bron & KD make more than 30 mil a year in sneaker endorsements alone.  Bryce Harper signed the biggest shoe deal in baseball history with UA for one million a year over 10 years.  A million a year is also a great deal for football.  Kids don’t buy cleats to wear to school.  But walk the halls and see how many Kobe’s or Jordans you see. 

Football is more of a booster issue, as Mack was saying. 

By the way, has nothing to do with AAU which is an organization that sponsors all kinds of youth sports.  So far Adidas and Nike, which have circuits along with UA, have garnered most of the attention.  

Thanks for the clarification Hoops.  Glad Skechers isn't involved.  Btw, they don't pay me nothing to wear them.

• 3 weeks later...