Hull-Daisetta vs Deweyville

H-D BOBCAT 55

From what I have seen I don't think Daisetta can beat Deweyville. If they are going to get a playoff spot going to have to make big changes the line is not getting blocks the backs they are trying to hand the ball to are to slow to get out of the backfield. The big running back and big quarterback are playing hard but might be better to put them somewhere blocking and try and get some speed in the backfield 

40 minutes ago, waterboy6890 said:

No I do not know anything about football. I was a waterboy in High School. BUT, I do know that in Texas, you play to win every game. I do not feel like those kids were injured. I believe they were held out to prevent injury and so when they lost to Kountze (Terrible Team) they would have a excuse. 

I didn't see anyone making an excuse, HD probably wouldn't have beat Kountze either way. And yes the kids that where out where dealing with injury. I mean come on wouldn't you pull your QB if your trying to prevent injury? WOW that was the dumbest post I have ever read on here!

9 minutes ago, Top cat said:

From what I have seen I don't think Daisetta can beat Deweyville. If they are going to get a playoff spot going to have to make big changes the line is not getting blocks the backs they are trying to hand the ball to are to slow to get out of the backfield. The big running back and big quarterback are playing hard but might be better to put them somewhere blocking and try and get some speed in the backfield 

If I am correct  HD has scored 4 times in two games and the QB, has scored them all! So why in the world would you move your QB somewhere to block

11 minutes ago, USC36 said:

That's my thoughts Exactly!

The problem is that most people that know anything... think they know everything.  Lot of peewee coaches out there that probably didn't even play football in high school but could've played in college (if the coach wasn't a jerk) and could have definitely led the Texans to a super bowl if they'd been allowed to run the offense. 

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

The problem is that most people that know anything... think they know everything.  Lot of peewee coaches out there that probably didn't even play football in high school but could've played in college (if the coach wasn't a jerk) and could have definitely led the Texans to a super bowl if they'd been allowed to run the offense. 

My deal is these coaches want to win, there are not out there to lose, there jobs a lively hood depend on it. It's easy to get on here and post what we think they should do. 

5 minutes ago, USC36 said:

My deal is these coaches want to win, there are not out there to lose, there jobs a lively hood depend on it. It's easy to get on here and post what we think they should do. 

That's a fact.  That's why you'll never see me bashing a coach or the decisions made by a coach.  There is nothing they do that is intended to fail.  Sure some know more than others as far as x's and o's or experience and some know how to motivate kids better but they are all trying to win with what they have.  And at the same time having to hold their players accountable for stuff that may or may not happen during the school day or at practice.  Stuff that none of us get to see.

It's easy to be judgemental to a coach that may have simply gotten an untalented group of kids.  That does happen despite what people believe. 

25 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

That's a fact.  That's why you'll never see me bashing a coach or the decisions made by a coach.  There is nothing they do that is intended to fail.  Sure some know more than others as far as x's and o's or experience and some know how to motivate kids better but they are all trying to win with what they have.  And at the same time having to hold their players accountable for stuff that may or may not happen during the school day or at practice.  Stuff that none of us get to see.

It's easy to be judgemental to a coach that may have simply gotten an untalented group of kids.  That does happen despite what people believe. 

I agree with you to an extent. You can't tell me you have never watched a football game as a fanatic, and said why are they not running this or that...? Whether it's out loud or you think it to yourself? I believe competitive passionate people challenge others, whether it's their profession or not. I myself believe in praising the Coaches on great decisions, and sometimes when needed, voice my opinion on poor decisions. It's ok to be a fan and be vocal and passionate, it's ok to not say anything. But I have worked and played around some of the most talented people in America, whether it's Directors/ Managers at my refinery, football Coaches, military/police or truck drivers, the one thing that stands out, is these talented and competitive folks will praise you on successful decisions, but give constructive criticism when you stumble. There is a right way to say things, it's not what you say, but how you say it. 90% of all true fans will voice their opinion, half of them will be respectful with their words. I truly believe most of us fans on here, are simply wishing the Coaches would call things we have seen work, kinda like winning the loto. It's not really attacking them, or saying their  incompetent, it's simply being a fan... If you are a true football fan, that has never voiced your opinion on play calling or roster/position calls, I call  malarkey lol. 

1 hour ago, Top cat said:

I disagree, at times, especially in the 4th quarter, HD's line has done well run blocking. I do think our strong side of the O-line, would be way better pairing #75, #55 and #99, no way in our district those 3 could not get movement and surge... 

7 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

I agree with you to an extent. You can't tell me you have never watched a football game as a fanatic, and said why are they not running this or that...? Whether it's out loud or you think it to yourself? I believe competitive passionate people challenge others, whether it's their profession or not. I myself believe in praising the Coaches on great decisions, and sometimes when needed, voice my opinion on poor decisions. It's ok to be a fan and be vocal and passionate, it's ok to not say anything. But I have worked and played around some of the most talented people in America, whether it's Directors/ Managers at my refinery, football Coaches, military/police or truck drivers, the one thing that stands out, is these talented and competitive folks will praise you on successful decisions, but give constructive criticism when you stumble. There is a right way to say things, it's not what you say, but how you say it. 90% of all true fans will voice their opinion, half of them will be respectful with their words. I truly believe most of us fans on here, are simply wishing the Coaches would call things we have seen work, kinda like winning the loto. It's not really attacking them, or saying their  incompetent, it's simply being a fan... If you are a true football fan, that my never voices your opinion on play calling or roster/position calls, I call  malarkey lol. 

You can say whatever you want...and you can call whatever you like.  I can assure you that you don't know anything about me.  And I'll promise you that even if there is an instance where I wonder why a decision was made or think to myself that I may have chosen differently..I always come back to the fact that these individuals decided to do whatever they decided to do for a reason.  You're talking about people that are paid to do what they are doing.  They are literally professionals.  Just like I would never question a decision you make at whatever job you do..I feel the same way about the men and women who are paid to teach athletes how to play and win.  But there are so many outside variables at play that you or I could never imagine why the coaching decisions are made the way they are.  Yes they are people like we are and as a person we're all entitiled to mistakes, but don't think for one second that when they make a mistake they don't think about that mistake for no telling how long.  Only difference is when they make a mistake it could cost a game/season/job...probably because of knee jerk reactions from irate fans.  You don't have to worry about that and neither do I.  So again...you won't see or hear me bashing a coach.

Plus I am one of the few people I know that have figured out that talent or lackthere of has more to do with it than anything.  There isn't a single career coach in the history of coaching that has never been part of a good year..or part of a bad year.  Why is that?  How can a coach have a terrible season one year and a championship type year another?

Because the players on the roster change every year. 

6 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Plus I am one of the few people I know that have figured out that talent or lackthere of has more to do with it than anything.  There isn't a single career coach in the history of coaching that has never been part of a good year..or part of a bad year.  Why is that?  How can a coach have a terrible season one year and a championship type year another?

Because the players on the roster change every year. 

That is the truth.  HD was good last year because of a freshman beast at running back.  He moved and they are back to what the were before him.  Average at best. Nothing the coach can do with that.

6 minutes ago, Top cat said:

Also lost some good coaches not impressed with the replacements 

Excellent observation.  Lost a bunch of talent to graduation and their runningback transferred..but the answer surely has to be because of the replacement coaches aren't impressive.  I think a good idea would be for you to run up there one Saturday and explain how they can better meet your expectations.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Excellent observation.  Lost a bunch of talent to graduation and their runningback transferred..but the answer surely has to be because of the replacement coaches aren't impressive.  I think a good idea would be for you to run up there one Saturday and explain how they can better meet your expectations.

I'm really bored today I figured that would get a quick response from you. Do you think I should bring breakfast ?

4 hours ago, waterboy6890 said:

I think some people are hyping kids up on this HD team. The coach made 4 kids sit out to make sure they are ok for district play? Come on now, you play to win. Maybe he held them out to prevent them from getting hurt, wow! With all these STUDS.... HD still barely beat West Hardin. From my understanding, West Hardin is not a powerhouse football team. 

The 4 kids that were out were hurt. 2 concussion,1 broke wrist,and the Price kid had a leg injury had they been healthy I am sure they would have been on the field as HD is a small school and not very deep in any position. Not saying they would have won but it may have been a little better game.

18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Cops like donuts..not sure about coaches.  Maybe ask around.

I'll guess if he brought char-grilled ribeyes, medium rare, with bake potatoes, he could get in the front door.  Isn't regular breakfast fare, but I'd durn sure eat it. :)