Black AMERICAN's Perspective on National Athem

5GallonBucket

On 9/26/2017 at 2:58 PM, BS Wildcats said:

Glad to see you follow all the other idiots. You are part of the problem.  Instead of doing something to change your perceived oppression, you just take a knee because Kaepertwit did.  You are a good little sheeple.  Do something to try and make a difference, instead of getting on a knee.  If you don't stand to honor the flag you are just as un-American as the low life Muslim scum you think so highly of.  Offended, I don't care!

Ig

On 9/26/2017 at 2:58 PM, BS Wildcats said:

Glad to see you follow all the other idiots. You are part of the problem.  Instead of doing something to change your perceived oppression, you just take a knee because Kaepertwit did.  You are a good little sheeple.  Do something to try and make a difference, instead of getting on a knee.  If you don't stand to honor the flag you are just as un-American as the low life Muslim scum you think so highly of.  Offended, I don't care!

On 9/27/2017 at 4:25 PM, new tobie said:

your just on a message board. get a life. control your outrage dude. the only reason you speak like a tuff guy is because you are behind a computer screen doing it. control your christianity..

On 9/25/2017 at 5:52 PM, stevenash said:

He was telling a story and presenting it as this" we beat the Brits even though they had Hirelings and Slaves ( in addition to British soldiers) in the fight.  The Brits would be the white folk.

Define hireling. Ignorant people can't offend me. Wow you sound angry. It is not healthy. Trust Me, I am a RN.  Can someone explain to me why Keys was upset that slaves ,that he treated like a dog, no worse than a dog, would fight against their oppressors.

4 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Ig

Define hireling. Ignorant people can't offend me. Wow you sound angry. It is not healthy. Trust Me, I am a RN.  Can someone explain to me why Keys was upset that slaves ,that he treated like a dog, no worse than a dog, would fight against their oppressors.

My wife is an RN, and she does not feel she is smarter than everybody else.  Why do you feel the need that you are smarter than anyone here?

4 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

My wife is an RN, and she does not feel she is smarter than everybody else.  Why do you feel the need that you are smarter than anyone here?

My sister is a Doctor and doesn’t feel the need to belittle people.  She’s one of the smartest people I know, but I’ve never heard her mention that in casual conversation.  In fact most people that don’t know her would never know what she does for a living.  

I did crack up when I read big girl’s quote- “trust me, I am a RN.”  Maybe she stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

On 9/28/2017 at 8:42 AM, Big girl said:

Why would a slave want to fight for this country? Why was Keys upset? Why didnt he wish death on the British in the song? 

I can't answer how a slave feels or thinks and neither can you. But we can both suggest that living is better then dying, they just did what they told, the thrill to kill, or they thought of themselves more as bondservant then slave. 

In war it is understood that you wish death to your enemies. 

Do you know which war was being fought? 

On 9/29/2017 at 0:44 AM, PhatMack19 said:

My sister is a Doctor and doesn’t feel the need to belittle people.  She’s one of the smartest people I know, but I’ve never heard her mention that in casual conversation.  In fact most people that don’t know her would never know what she does for a living.  

I did crack up when I read big girl’s quote- “trust me, I am a RN.”  Maybe she stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

I cracked up too, but one thing's for sure, she is not an RN.

21 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I cracked up too, but one thing's for sure, she is not an RN.

One thing I learned a long time ago, if you constantly have to reassure people of something, or if you constantly are passive aggressively demeaning others by making yourself look superior to others (i.e. "I'm an RN, you probably don't even have a high school diploma, so therefore I am right and you are wrong, na na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo."), then odds are what you are saying to people is completely made up. It's either that or there are some deep rooted self esteem issues that are trying to be compensated for. I personally don't care if someone has multiple doctorate degrees or an 8th grade education and a job as a port a can tester, either you can hold a meaningful debate or conversation or you cannot.

14 hours ago, Hook'em said:

One thing I learned a long time ago, if you constantly have to reassure people of something, or if you constantly are passive aggressively demeaning others by making yourself look superior to others (i.e. "I'm an RN, you probably don't even have a high school diploma, so therefore I am right and you are wrong, na na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo."), then odds are what you are saying to people is completely made up. It's either that or there are some deep rooted self esteem issues that are trying to be compensated for. I personally don't care if someone has multiple doctorate degrees or an 8th grade education and a job as a port a can tester, either you can hold a meaningful debate or conversation or you cannot.

Well said, and she cannot.  When cornered, and asked a question where the correct answer will refute her assertion, she will never answer.  

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, Big girl said:

Ig

No need to define hireling.  You seem to be the only who doesn't know what it is.  My guess is that Mr. Keyes was upset about ANYONE who chose to fight against this country.

12 hours ago, six burg said:

Thats right it is a two way street, trying to get you to understand that. I stand and don't care what anyone else chooses to do. Not standing is not breaking any laws

And neither is refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple.  And neither is calling  your team the Redskins.  And neither is erecting statues of historical figures.

22 hours ago, six burg said:

Some people that stand for the anthem are rotten to the core. Care more about standing for the anthem than they do for people. Love thy neighbor!

And some who kneel are rotten to the core, and care more about kneeling then they do for people, but since we suddenly care about being biblical kneeling and disrespecting the flag does not bring honor. 

1 Peter 2:17New King James Version (NKJV)

17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

I posted a longer winded version of this on another thread, but here's my take on this: if your manner of protest angers the audience you're trying to reach to the point that they care nothing about what you're trying to say, you've accomplished nothing.  The discussion no longer has anything to do with police brutality, or mistreatment of African Americans, and now centers wholly around kneeling for the anthem.  I think it's safe to say no progress has been made through these protests, and if anything they've driven the two sides further apart on the issue.

I remember when TV used to end.  That was a long time ago, timewise and culturally speaking.  We only had kfdm channel 6, channel 4 and channel 12 what ever it's call sign was.  Cutting edge were the uhf channels.  Then we got the color tv which was 4 ft wide and 2.5 feet deep, or so it seems now. 

My friends had cable tv.  They used to tell me about comedy shows I'd never heard of.  The idea of paying to watch cable tv was anathema to my parents.  I didn't start watching cable until I was 30 years old and married.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

I like the military version that was used to sign off TV stations back in the day. Yes, TV used to end.

20 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I remember when TV used to end.  That was a long time ago, timewise and culturally speaking.  We only had kfdm channel 6, channel 4 and channel 12 what ever it's call sign was.  Cutting edge were the uhf channels.  Then we got the color tv which was 4 ft wide and 2.5 feet deep, or so it seems now. 

My friends had cable tv.  They used to tell me about comedy shows I'd never heard of.  The idea of paying to watch cable tv was anathema to my parents.  I didn't start watching cable until I was 30 years old and married.

Dang y’all are old!  I remember when we our TV looked like a cabinet and I was the remote.   I think we had 12 channels.  Dad made me turn the knob and hold the antenna until he found something to watch. 

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

KFDM....Channel 6....CBS

KBMT....Channel 12....ABC

KPRT/KJAC.....Channel 4....NBC

Not bragging. Had the first color TV on the block. All the neighborhood kids came over for Saturday morning cartoons. Only other color shows were Wonderful World of Disney, Saturday Night at the Movies, Bonanza. First show to air on Saturday Night at the Movies was Snows of Kilamanjaro with Susan Hayward and her beautiful red hair. Everything was rabbit ears and tin foil. Human beings are good antennas. Sometimes all one had to do was touch the tv antenna. That's enough for now.