Black AMERICAN's Perspective on National Athem

5GallonBucket

9 hours ago, Big girl said:

For those of you asking "How does the national anthem have anything to do with racial profiling and oppression. "

The Star Spangled Banner was actually wrote as a poem by Author Francis Scott Key.  In it he openly celebrates the murder of slaves.

The song itself was rooted in the celebration of slavery and the murder of Africans in America, who were being hired by the British military to give them strength not only in the War of 1812, but in the Battle of Fort McHenry of 1814. These black men were called the Corps of Colonial Marines and they served valiantly for the British military. Key despised them. He was glad to see them experience terror and death in war — to the point that he wrote a poem about it. A shortened version of that poem is now our national anthem.....

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

We have cops out killing black people for no reason. We have white supremacists marching the streets and plowing through crowds and Trump calls them "good people". 
I understand why they are taking a knee. I'm happy the NFL are supporting them. Something needs to change!

Why haven't you given us your enlightenment on the church shooting in Tennessee?  A black man killing white church goers.  Are you ok with this?Maybe it is time to start renaming streets and taking down that statue in DC.  All this Confederate crap started with the shooting in SC.

29 minutes ago, Big girl said:

But he only mentioned slaves. Why didn't he mention white people that were fighting against the U.S.?

He was telling a story and presenting it as this" we beat the Brits even though they had Hirelings and Slaves ( in addition to British soldiers) in the fight.  The Brits would be the white folk.

9 hours ago, Big girl said:

For those of you asking "How does the national anthem have anything to do with racial profiling and oppression. "

The Star Spangled Banner was actually wrote as a poem by Author Francis Scott Key.  In it he openly celebrates the murder of slaves.

The song itself was rooted in the celebration of slavery and the murder of Africans in America, who were being hired by the British military to give them strength not only in the War of 1812, but in the Battle of Fort McHenry of 1814. These black men were called the Corps of Colonial Marines and they served valiantly for the British military. Key despised them. He was glad to see them experience terror and death in war — to the point that he wrote a poem about it. A shortened version of that poem is now our national anthem.....

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

We have cops out killing black people for no reason. We have white supremacists marching the streets and plowing through crowds and Trump calls them "good people". 
I understand why they are taking a knee. I'm happy the NFL are supporting them. Something needs to change!

Why don't you comment on the video? What did this guy say that is incorrect?

Just got to listen to the rest of the video, and this guy nailed.  Not one comment from big girl, tobie, westend, or any of the other left wingers here.  Funny how big girl is all about the NFL allowing its players to disrespect America and the flag, but she gets the hush mouth when asked about the league not allowing decals in honor of fallen police officers.  They were killed by one of her heroes in the BLM movement. Big girl you are truly a hypocrite!!

Beautiful thing about History...  lots of it.

United Kingdom and the whole world condoned slavery of all races, including Africa.  No doubt that people from the continent of Africa have paid a heavy price in blood and sacrifice.  Many forms of slavery, Just depends on what rock you lived on whether you were the slave.  I can go all day on this topic but it will never be enough to extinguish the horror of slavery and murder.  

Brush up on your history.  United Kingdom had slavery as well.  Just hired (Fed and Clothed) anyone who would stand in front of their own Army. They were no better, so stop.

Took thousands of years for other countries to even begin outlawing Slavery of any kind.

Took this country less than 400 years dating back to Columbus.  Less than a hundred years and one civil war after the founding fathers formed our constitution, probably because most citizens fled countries where they were oppressed and enslaved in some fashion.  This country has made amendments to our bill of rights consistently compared to world history.  Is it perfect, absolutely not, but it has proven time and time again to be the best option on this round ball of rock.  

If you build it, they will come to take it.  This country will keep building if we stop tearing it down long enough to defend it for its beauty and freedom.

This is the wrong part of cyberspace to be in a discussion about black perspective.  I can think of other places I would feel comfortable having that discussion.  Personally I stand for the anthem.  i sometimes put my hand on my heart.  When i served in the military I saluted the flag. At the same time I enjoyed Jimi Hendrix version of the star spangled banner at woodstock.  I watched when US sprinters John Carlos & Tommie Smith gave the black power salute during the anthem at the olympics in Mexico in 1968.  I didn't think they would ever get another job, but they did.  

As for what this guy had to say in his video, it is kind of tired, trite even, but used over and over in this forum and elsewhere.  The guys here and elsewhere will search until they find a black person whose point of view they like, then throw the video or article in your face.  That's just one guy saying whatever.  I could easily find 20 videos of people saying something else.  If I cared enough to put that much effort into it I would.

IMO Jimi "said it" best:  

This is the hidden content, please

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

This is the wrong part of cyberspace to be in a discussion about black perspective.  I can think of other places I would feel comfortable having that discussion.  Personally I stand for the anthem.  i sometimes put my hand on my heart.  When i served in the military I saluted the flag. At the same time I enjoyed Jimi Hendrix version of the star spangled banner at woodstock.  I watched when US sprinters John Carlos & Tommie Smith gave the black power salute during the anthem at the olympics in Mexico in 1968.  I didn't think they would ever get another job, but they did.  

As for what this guy had to say in his video, it is kind of tired, trite even, but used over and over in this forum and elsewhere.  The guys here and elsewhere will search until they find a black person whose point of view they like, then throw the video or article in your face.  That's just one guy saying whatever.  I could easily find 20 videos of people saying something else.  If I cared enough to put that much effort into it I would.

IMO Jimi "said it" best:  

Since you've served, you can now salute when the Anthem is played.  I noticed no one does, but I started last Friday night, and I'd suggest all veterans start doing it.  I did take off my Evadale hat prior to Anthem being played (not sure if required, but seemed like right thing to do).

23 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Finally got around to watching.  Great video imo, thanks for posting.

And I think Brandon Tatum has more sense that most of our politicians, D or R.  I noticed he never brought politics into it, and he may vote democrat, but he has my respect.

19 hours ago, Big girl said:

So none of these things exist in the white community? White kids dont listen to rape music etc? What makes them shoot up schools and movie theaters? Why are white males more prone to rape children and become serial killers?  Is it becsuse they listen to punk rock music? What you said is laughable. I am so happy Kaepis frustrating so many racists, like.yourself. Get over it. :). He will never stand and neither will I.

My wife's sister ,who is a trailer park superstar, claims racism is getting her to. 
Also good job on missing the point. The point is it aint racism holding people  back when they do drugs, commit crime, live off welfare, and fathers run away from their children and wives.

32 minutes ago, jv_coach said:

My wife's sister ,who is a trailer park superstar, claims racism is getting her to. 
Also good job on missing the point. The point is it aint racism holding people  back when they do drugs, commit crime, live off welfare, and fathers run away from their children and wives.

I think she got the point.  It's just that she is NOT ABOUT to acknowledge it under any circumstance.  No doubt all of the black on black killings in Chicago, Baltimore, etc are somehow the fault of someone other than the one who did the killing.

21 hours ago, Big girl said:

So none of these things exist in the white community? White kids dont listen to rape music etc? What makes them shoot up schools and movie theaters? Why are white males more prone to rape children and become serial killers?  Is it becsuse they listen to punk rock music? What you said is laughable. I am so happy Kaepis frustrating so many racists, like.yourself. Get over it. :). He will never stand and neither will I.

Glad to see you follow all the other idiots. You are part of the problem.  Instead of doing something to change your perceived oppression, you just take a knee because Kaepertwit did.  You are a good little sheeple.  Do something to try and make a difference, instead of getting on a knee.  If you don't stand to honor the flag you are just as un-American as the low life Muslim scum you think so highly of.  Offended, I don't care!