5GallonBucket

Black AMERICAN's Perspective on National Athem

156 posts in this topic

The majority of the black community not going to be happy with this man!  Didn't get a chance to listen to all of it yet, but the first couple of minutes were spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

The majority of the black community not going to be happy with this man!  Didn't get a chance to listen to all of it yet, but the first couple of minutes were spot on.

The last 2 or so minutes is real good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you asking "How does the national anthem have anything to do with racial profiling and oppression. "

The Star Spangled Banner was actually wrote as a poem by Author Francis Scott Key.  In it he openly celebrates the murder of slaves.

The song itself was rooted in the celebration of slavery and the murder of Africans in America, who were being hired by the British military to give them strength not only in the War of 1812, but in the Battle of Fort McHenry of 1814. These black men were called the Corps of Colonial Marines and they served valiantly for the British military. Key despised them. He was glad to see them experience terror and death in war — to the point that he wrote a poem about it. A shortened version of that poem is now our national anthem.....

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

We have cops out killing black people for no reason. We have white supremacists marching the streets and plowing through crowds and Trump calls them "good people". 
I understand why they are taking a knee. I'm happy the NFL are supporting them. Something needs to change!

Jag Insider likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Big girl said:

For those of you asking "How does the national anthem have anything to do with racial profiling and oppression. "

The Star Spangled Banner was actually wrote as a poem by Author Francis Scott Key.  In it he openly celebrates the murder of slaves.

The song itself was rooted in the celebration of slavery and the murder of Africans in America, who were being hired by the British military to give them strength not only in the War of 1812, but in the Battle of Fort McHenry of 1814. These black men were called the Corps of Colonial Marines and they served valiantly for the British military. Key despised them. He was glad to see them experience terror and death in war — to the point that he wrote a poem about it. A shortened version of that poem is now our national anthem.....

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

We have cops out killing black people for no reason. We have white supremacists marching the streets and plowing through crowds and Trump calls them "good people". 
I understand why they are taking a knee. I'm happy the NFL are supporting them. Something needs to change!

We have BLM marching and shouting death to cops.  BLM burning and destroying neighborhoods.  You have blacks out looting people that have been the victims of catastrophic weather events(I'm sure there are whites doing the same).  So you need need to try and set on your pedestal and think that the whites are the only ones to blame.  There is plenty of evil doing to go around.  But that is the problem with the black community, always blame the white man.

WestHardinfan1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

We have BLM marching and shouting death to cops.  BLM burning and destroying neighborhoods.  You have blacks out looting people that have been the victims of catastrophic weather events(I'm sure there are whites doing the same).  So you need need to try and set on your pedestal and think that the whites are the only ones to blame.  There is plenty of evil doing to go around.  But that is the problem with the black community, always blame the white man.

The black lives movement is not about that. Our lives matter, too. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, stevenash said:

big Girl, if you believe that allowing to take a knee at the games is acceptable, can you explain to me why it was decided that the Dallas Cowboys wearing a patch  to honor fallen police officers was not?

When did this happen?  Did it really happen? I need a source besides some conservative website. If it is true, I don't think it is acceptable. If you were black and you knew why it was written. Would you stand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big girl said:

The black lives movement is not about that. Our lives matter, too. Period.

Who said your life didn't matter?  If the BLM movement is not about advocating murder of law enforcement, why is that there rally cry when they are destroying innocent people's property?

jv_coach likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big girl said:

When did this happen?  Did it really happen? I need a source besides some conservative website. If it is true, I don't think it is acceptable. If you were black and you knew why it was written. Would you stand?

It happened, you just tend to forget about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Big girl said:

When did this happen?  Did it really happen? I need a source besides some conservative website. If it is true, I don't think it is acceptable. If you were black and you knew why it was written. Would you stand?

Here ya go:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2016/08/11/dallas-cowboys-police-decal/88558768/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Big girl said:

When did this happen?  Did it really happen? I need a source besides some conservative website. If it is true, I don't think it is acceptable. If you were black and you knew why it was written. Would you stand?

In reading your description of the verse, I interpreted the words as a depiction of ALL enemies ( yes, anyone who fought against us) losing the battle.  The fact that some of them were slaves, from my perspective, was not a significant item.  If there had been no slaves fighting us but rather, in their place, a group of Chinese soldiers, I can only assume Mr. Key would have made reference to that fact as well.  As for whether the Dallas Cowboy situation really happened, I think you already know it really happened but don't want to acknowledge it because it goes against your narrative.  But, if you insist:  https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-denies-cowboys-request-to-wear-arm-in-arm-decal-to-honor-slain-cops-141319148.html

H-DBobcatFan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big girl said:

For those of you asking "How does the national anthem have anything to do with racial profiling and oppression. "

The Star Spangled Banner was actually wrote as a poem by Author Francis Scott Key.  In it he openly celebrates the murder of slaves.

The song itself was rooted in the celebration of slavery and the murder of Africans in America, who were being hired by the British military to give them strength not only in the War of 1812, but in the Battle of Fort McHenry of 1814. These black men were called the Corps of Colonial Marines and they served valiantly for the British military. Key despised them. He was glad to see them experience terror and death in war — to the point that he wrote a poem about it. A shortened version of that poem is now our national anthem.....

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

We have cops out killing black people for no reason. We have white supremacists marching the streets and plowing through crowds and Trump calls them "good people". 
I understand why they are taking a knee. I'm happy the NFL are supporting them. Something needs to change!

 in  war going back to the Egyptians when people fought for the other side, it was frowned upon. Context  and truth the enemy of Bolshevikers  
 

REBgp and H-DBobcatFan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big girl said:

The black lives movement is not about that. Our lives matter, too. Period.

A bunch of Bolshevik being spread by this one.
Blacks were victims of an estimated 805,000 nonfatal violent crimes and of about 8,000 homicides in 2005. While blacks accounted for 13% of the U.S. population in 2005, they were victims in 15% of all nonfatal violent crimes and nearly half of all homicides. These findings are based on data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) Uniform Crime Reporting Program (UCR), Supplementary Homicide Reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

• Blacks living in urban areas were more likely than those in suburban or rural areas to be victims of violence.

So Bolshevickers why is a black person living in an urban area more likely to be a victim of violence then in a rural area. Since Urban areas have more minorties then rural areas? If what the Boshevickers are saying is true "systematic racism" then the  numbers should show more violence in ruaral areas since that is where all the racist always live?
The only answer it can not be is personal responsibility or lack of morals and character while listening to NWA all day.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If BLM really cared about Black Lives they would not be looting the liquor store...
......A quarter of violence against blacks was committed by offenders under the influence of alcohol or drugs Black victims were less likely than white victims, somewhat less likely than American Indian victims, and as likely as Asian and Hispanic victims to face an offender under the influence of alcohol or drugs. About 25% of nonfatal violence against blacks involved an offender perceived to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The victim did not know if the offender was under the influence of alcohol or drugs in 48% of violence against blacks (not shown on table).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If police were racist would they would show up in a decent time to crimes by blacks?
Police responded quickly to the majority of reported nonfatal violence against blacks According to black victims, police responded within an hour in about 91% of reported violent victimizations. Police response to nonfatal violence against blacks was similar to that for whites and Hispanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the biggest Bolshevik lie of all is that "systamatic racism" is so bad that when minorities  become police officers they  become racist themselves.  Absentee fathers, drug use, living of the welfare state, voting democrat, a culture of disrespect  and listening to music that spews misogyny and hate towards others can never be an answer.

Anyway here is a link to the data I mentioned above
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/bvvc.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Who said your life didn't matter?  If the BLM movement is not about advocating murder of law enforcement, why is that there rally cry when they are destroying innocent people's property?

It is not. Stop watching Fox News

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jv_coach said:

Of course the biggest Bolshevik lie of all is that "systamatic racism" is so bad that when minorities  become police officers they  become racist themselves.  Absentee fathers, drug use, living of the welfare state, voting democrat, a culture of disrespect  and listening to music that spews misogyny and hate towards others can never be an answer.

Anyway here is a link to the data I mentioned above
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/bvvc.pdf

So none of these things exist in the white community? White kids dont listen to rape music etc? What makes them shoot up schools and movie theaters? Why are white males more prone to rape children and become serial killers?  Is it becsuse they listen to punk rock music? What you said is laughable. I am so happy Kaepis frustrating so many racists, like.yourself. Get over it. :). He will never stand and neither will I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jv_coach said:

If police were racist would they would show up in a decent time to crimes by blacks?
Police responded quickly to the majority of reported nonfatal violence against blacks According to black victims, police responded within an hour in about 91% of reported violent victimizations. Police response to nonfatal violence against blacks was similar to that for whites and Hispanics.

No one said that ALL police officers are racists. What have you been smoking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jv_coach said:

If BLM really cared about Black Lives they would not be looting the liquor store...
......A quarter of violence against blacks was committed by offenders under the influence of alcohol or drugs Black victims were less likely than white victims, somewhat less likely than American Indian victims, and as likely as Asian and Hispanic victims to face an offender under the influence of alcohol or drugs. About 25% of nonfatal violence against blacks involved an offender perceived to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The victim did not know if the offender was under the influence of alcohol or drugs in 48% of violence against blacks (not shown on table).

87% of whites are killed by other whites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stevenash said:

In reading your description of the verse, I interpreted the words as a depiction of ALL enemies ( yes, anyone who fought against us) losing the battle.  The fact that some of them were slaves, from my perspective, was not a significant item.  If there had been no slaves fighting us but rather, in their place, a group of Chinese soldiers, I can only assume Mr. Key would have made reference to that fact as well.  As for whether the Dallas Cowboy situation really happened, I think you already know it really happened but don't want to acknowledge it because it goes against your narrative.  But, if you insist:  https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-denies-cowboys-request-to-wear-arm-in-arm-decal-to-honor-slain-cops-141319148.html

But he only mentioned slaves. Why didn't he mention white people that were fighting against the U.S.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Big girl said:

It is not. Stop watching Fox News

21 minutes ago, Big girl said:

It is not. Stop watching Fox News

21 minutes ago, Big girl said:

It is not. Stop watching Fox News

What is it then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Posts

    • Kirbyville 30 Warren 8/FINAL
      I don't know how to respond to this without sounding like I am insulting Warren so...
    • Silsbee 39 Navasota 34/FINAL
      Just a few quick stats:                                                   Tigers           Rattlers Score:  Total                                 39                   34 First Downs:  Total                        25                   17 Rushing Attempts                          52                   20 Net Yards Rushing                       317                   49 Yards per Rush                             6.1                   2.5 Longest Rush                                38                    15 Rushing Touchdowns                     1                     0 Passing:  Net Yards                     202                  282 Passing:Comp-Att-Int             10 / 15 /  0        22 / 39 / 3 Yards per Completion                  20.2                 12.8 Longest Pass Completion             74                      42 Passing:  Touchdowns                   3                       4 Total Net Yards                            519                    331 Average Gain per Play                  7.7                    5.6 Fumbles:  Number/Lost               1 / 1                 1 / 1 All Penalties:Num-Yds                 9 - 80               6 - 55 Punts:  Num-Yds-Long             3 - 63 - 35       3 - 132 - 54 Yards per Punt                            21.0                   44.0 Kick Returns:Num-Yds-Long   1 - 75 - 75         1 - 97 - 97 Kickoff Returns:  Touchdowns        1                      1 Interceptions: Num-Yds-TDs     3 - 10 - 0           0 - 0 - 0 Fumble Rec:Num-Yds-TDs        1 - 0 - 0            1 - 0 - 0 Time of Possession:  Total           30:50              17:10 3rd Downs:  Num Conv / Num       2 / 10            4 / 11 3rd Down Conversion Per            20.0%            36.4% 4th Downs:  Number Conv / Num   0 / 2             1 / 2 4th Down Conversion Per               0.0%           50.0% Field Goals:  Made - Attempted     1 - 2              0 - 1 Longest Field Goal Made                39                  0 Extra Points:  Made - Attempted     4 - 4             4 - 4 Average Drive Start                       30.8               40.0 Red Zone Chances - Scores          4-2                 3-2 Red Zone Scores Breakdown TDs: 2, FGs: 0 TDs: 2, FGs: 0   Tigers Leaders PASSING Completions Attempts Yards Long TDs INTs Jacob Collins 10 15 202 74 3 0               RUSHING Rushes Yards Long TDs Yds/Rush   Chris Martin 21 122 16 0 5.8   Dralyn Taylor 17 151 38 1 8.9   Jacob Collins 7 19 14 0 2.7   Josh Buse' 4 13 7 0 3.3   RECEIVING Catches Thrown To Yards Long TDs Yds/Catch Tre Lowe 6 7 111 74 1 18.5 Kalon Barnes 3 4 78 40 2 26.0 Paxton Bryan 1 3 13 13 0 13.0 Team 0 1 0 0 0   Rattlers Leaders PASSING Completions Attempts Yards Long TDs INTs Jeb Malek 22 39 282 42 4 3               RUSHING Rushes Yards Long TDs Yds/Rush   Thomas Robinson 9 31 15 0 3   Jeb Malek 8 11 9 0 1   Tyrek Houston 1 4 4 0 4   RECEIVING Catches Thrown To Yards Long TDs Yds/Catch Ronnie Jackson 8 11 122 42 2 15.3 Ke'Eric Moore 5 7 51 15 0 10.2 Q. Moore 3 5 46 30 1 15.3
    • ALCS- Astros vs Yankees
      Better known as the kitchen sink mob.
    • Port Neches-Groves @ Beaumont Central
      Well here you go then. Alot are picking this to be a blowout. I will assure you it want.  From the start I picked PNG to win the District and I said a couple of weeks ago that they would beat PAM. They will struggle against central.  The strength of central defense is there secondary. Png wrs will see more man coverage then they have seen all year. And press coverage will bother them.and PAM showed wat not to do wen u get a lead.conserverative on both side of the ball.lets not bring up refs lol. But if png is able to run the ball on them.long nite jags. 28-21 either way. And it want surprise me if central won.
    • Lufkin 50 Beaumont West Brook 7/FINAL
      Thank goodness boy wonder didn’t start for WB. No telling how bad Lufkin would have won. 
  • Topics