Nederland VS. West Orange...

Reagan

42 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I think that would be a useless game for both teams.. but I've seen crazier things happen, for example Crosby playing LCM this week.... so who knows!

I don’t see it useless. Your trying to get your team more reps. The better your prepared the better you will do in the playoffs. You have to realize we will face north east Texas teams in the first round in Carthage Henderson and Kilgore and they play good football there. Crosby defense is suspect right now so there coach is giving them more reps imo. I believe WOS will play them. There district is weak and they will need experience. Nederland will need to see one of the best defenses in the area.

18 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

I don’t see it useless. Your trying to get your team more reps. The better your prepared the better you will do in the playoffs. You have to realize we will face north east Texas teams in the first round in Carthage Henderson and Kilgore and they play good football there. Crosby defense is suspect right now so there coach is giving them more reps imo. I believe WOS will play them. There district is weak and they will need experience. Nederland will need to see one of the best defenses in the area.

Good points. 

20 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Playing the Bulldogs on that date would probably benefit the Mustangs a lot more this season than if it were played on its original date.

I agree with that. Also, some say because it's in the middle of district, why risk the players? Well, I guess you could do a 4 quarter controlled scrimmage??? Sounds strange but this season hasn't started out exactly "normal" either. Lol

14 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

I agree with that. Also, some say because it's in the middle of district, why risk the players? Well, I guess you could do a 4 quarter controlled scrimmage??? Sounds strange but this season hasn't started out exactly "normal" either. Lol

Well, UIL rules prohibit a scrimmage once you have played your first game, so it would have to be an actual game.

But having Nederland at this point gives the Mustangs the same things that the Silsbee matchup does.  A team that can throw the ball as well as running it.  Otherwise, this Friday will be the last time that the Mustangs will see a team that does not run either the Slot or Wing T until they start the playoffs.  They will need reps against a passing offense.

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, UIL rules prohibit a scrimmage once you have played your first game, so it would have to be an actual game.

But having Nederland at this point gives the Mustangs the same things that the Silsbee matchup does.  A team that can throw the ball as well as running it.  Otherwise, this Friday will be the last time that the Mustangs will see a team that does not run either the Slot or Wing T until they start the playoffs.  They will need reps against a passing offense.

I completely agree with needing Nederland to break the "wing T" curse. Lol. What if they called it a "practice"? Or maybe because of the circumstances, the UIL would grant a waiver??

This game works for both teams if no injuries occur. If somebody they depend on gets hurt some people may view this as a dumb. Personally I wouldn't doi it because I rather avoid the injury possibility on a game that doesn't matter for either team. Plus that late in district why is anyone worried about a non district opponent from a lower classification. All for it in the beginning of the season if Harvey never arrived