West Orange Stark vs Silsbee

tennisbc

15 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

WOS by as much as they want, should be ugly by halftime

I'm not sure about that. This WOS team hasn't been tested yet and we would be crazy to think that they can just lose the level of players they lost last year and not miss a beat. I think it's closer than expected.....I'll go WOS 24 Silsbee 21

6 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I'm not sure about that. This WOS team hasn't been tested yet and we would be crazy to think that they can just lose the level of players they lost last year and not miss a beat. I think it's closer than expected.....I'll go WOS 24 Silsbee 21

I tend to agree.  Don't get me wrong, the 2017 edition is a fast and talented team that I believe have a great shot at a 3rd consecutive state championship and that this week they will emerge victorious.  But simply, I think a lot of folks got spoiled by the results of last year and expect that week in and week out.  This is not 2016, and I don't expect at the end of the season to have seen the Mustangs outscore their opponents 811-69 as they did last year.

10 points is as high as I would go as far as any margin of victory.

Keep in mind in 2014 when the Mustangs lost to gilmer in the SC, they returned 2 starters that next year, and people counted them out. Don't be surprised for a 20+ point victory. I do think Silsbee will score a few times maybe 2-3 but i see us scoring in the 40s. Expect to see our starters play the full game and a big game from our secondary. 

21 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Keep in mind in 2014 when the Mustangs lost to gilmer in the SC, they returned 2 starters that next year, and people counted them out. Don't be surprised for a 20+ point victory. I do think Silsbee will score a few times maybe 2-3 but i see us scoring in the 40s. Expect to see our starters play the full game and a big game from our secondary. 

No one can argue with the track record of reloading at WOS, but it's hard for me to expect it simply based on history. I hope you are right because I love celebrating with the Mustangs in Arlington!!

I haven't seen Silsbee play yet this year, but I feel like WOS is not as dominant as they were at the same time last season.

They're still a great team, will win district and advance far into the playoffs.  I'm sure that they'll improve a great deal as the season moves along, but I don't think they'll achieve the same level of play that last year's mustangs did.

I think Silsbee will give the Mustangs a good test, but the Mustangs will win by 2 TDs.

Good luck.

12 hours ago, Goblin said:

WOS is in one of those in-between periods where we don’t really have a true rivalry game (locally anyway) to get both teams riled up.  Back in the ‘80s it was West Brook and TJ. Jasper was a real rivalry until they started refusing to play us.  Only being around for 40 years makes it difficult.  LCM, BC, Orangefield should be but the three of them have 2 wins against us combined all-time (both being LCM 20 years ago+) so is it a rivalry when it’s that one-sided?

Not in my opinion, but people seem to see rivalries where none exist.  When I was in Vidor, the Pirate faithful would've been happy with a 1-9 season if that one victory was over Ned, but that didn't make it a rivalry, especially not for Ned, who beats Vidor 9 out of 10 times.  

This appears to be the first real test for WOS.  I expect a tough, hard hitting contest, albeit, not close.  That said, my prediction is WOS 24 Silsbee 6.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Not in my opinion, but people seem to see rivalries where none exist.  When I was in Vidor, the Pirate faithful would've been happy with a 1-9 season if that one victory was over Ned, but that didn't make it a rivalry, especially not for Ned, who beats Vidor 9 out of 10 times.  

This appears to be the first real test for WOS.  I expect a tough, hard hitting contest, albeit, not close.  That said, my prediction is WOS 24 Silsbee 6.

Just wondering, what makes this a test game for us?

39 minutes ago, MrUmp1 said:

Tigers seem to always play at least 7 points better at home. Bout all I go to say about that. 

I believe that. And I think through 3qtrs it will be close. Only if Silsbee can run the ball. And if they can't run it .it could change field position. And u don't wanna give them a short field wit kevyon Cooper running the ball. The running game for w.o is better than it has been in past 3yrs.