West Orange Stark vs Silsbee

tennisbc

6 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

I could be mistaken but If I remember correctly(which I normally don't, lol) this same thing happened after Rita. It was either HJ or HF that had to use our game as homecoming because of the abbreviated schedule. 

This is not the first time Silsbee has had WO-S as their homecoming game, storm or no storm. It just happened to be the best date to have homecoming.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well, I am 54. Just remember my first game when I was 4.

Thanks for the compliment. lol

Lol!! No problem!! Of course I don't have a leg to stand on....I was a few days old when I was at my first WOS game. Parents have had the same seats and tickets since 1971 when they were the WO Chiefs! I'll be 37 on Thursday so that says I've been watching WOS football(or playing for them) for 37 years!!! I'm getting old!

19 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Lol!! No problem!! Of course I don't have a leg to stand on....I was a few days old when I was at my first WOS game. Parents have had the same seats and tickets since 1971 when they were the WO Chiefs! I'll be 37 on Thursday so that says I've been watching WOS football(or playing for them) for 37 years!!! I'm getting old!

Man, shut up! LOL!

WOS will come into Silsbee with a great deal of confidence, as they should because they are a very good team which comes from an exceptional program. Silsbee does not have the program WOS has built but I feel it is desired. Coach seems to have the expectations and work ethic to grow such a program. In my humble opinion this is not the same Tigers of old. We will see what comes it Friday night! Best of luck to both teams.

4 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Like i said before , a stretch play and play action won't get the job done for coach smith. It may not be a rivalry game to us parents/fans but the kids take this game very personal. This the game they look forward to. I believe my Stangs will pull it off and put the game away in the 3rd quarter. 

Ill make sure he gets your advice.  

2 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Like i said before , a stretch play and play action won't get the job done for coach smith. It may not be a rivalry game to us parents/fans but the kids take this game very personal. This the game they look forward to. I believe my Stangs will pull it off and put the game away in the 3rd quarter. 

I think you'll see a little bit more of the playbook than that.

15 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I think you'll see a little bit more of the playbook than that.

I'm hoping so. Hopefully Silsbee can try to establish the run again.i thought they did a great job the second half against Jasper of running it. They will have to try to throw  at #28 at the corner .bcz #15 is as gud as advertised at corner. 3yr starter. I really do think it will be great through 3qtrs. Only question is conditioning for silsbee in the 4th qtr.

6 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Well dont accept the game next time.... or offer, if that is the case.

If it has no benefit, then it must not be worth your time. 

I don't look at it like that.  Rivalry?  That's a word for games like Ned & PNG.  Real rivalries are fairly rare.  Like any game, rivalry games are sometimes blowouts.  What you have is two good football teams, that'll be hyped up with adrenaline flowing at game time.  Much like when Silsbee played Carthage last year.

Rivalry?  Maybe not, but it should be a heck of a football game.

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree. But there will definitely be more than just the stretch play and play action that the other poster said. Saw more than that against Jasper, nice read option by the qb.

Just because that's what they ran against jasper doesn't mean the same will be ran against us. And btw, I am just basing off what was ran against us last year.

I think silsbee game Saturday little bit of a rivalry game the last time we was in silsbee after the game they had wanted to fight our fans but who cares about the rivalry but trust me west Orange is coming into town and silsbee better be ready cause wos is hungry and still ready for some football we after cut loose yet but when they do look out cuz they is coming to play and going to be hard to stop our offense is high flying to as well so look out

1 hour ago, WOSFAN99 said:

I think silsbee game Saturday little bit of a rivalry game the last time we was in silsbee after the game they had wanted to fight our fans but who cares about the rivalry but trust me west Orange is coming into town and silsbee better be ready cause wos is hungry and still ready for some football we after cut loose yet but when they do look out cuz they is coming to play and going to be hard to stop our offense is high flying to as well so look out

I am so lost...smh

1 hour ago, WOSFAN99 said:

Take a breath somewhere geez....or use some kinda punctuation!

6 hours ago, REBgp said:

I don't look at it like that.  Rivalry?  That's a word for games like Ned & PNG.  Real rivalries are fairly rare.  Like any game, rivalry games are sometimes blowouts.  What you have is two good football teams, that'll be hyped up with adrenaline flowing at game time.  Much like when Silsbee played Carthage last year.

Rivalry?  Maybe not, but it should be a heck of a football game.

WOS is in one of those in-between periods where we don’t really have a true rivalry game (locally anyway) to get both teams riled up.  Back in the ‘80s it was West Brook and TJ. Jasper was a real rivalry until they started refusing to play us.  Only being around for 40 years makes it difficult.  LCM, BC, Orangefield should be but the three of them have 2 wins against us combined all-time (both being LCM 20 years ago+) so is it a rivalry when it’s that one-sided?