Central has been deemed unfit.

Alpha Wolf

2 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Central has been deemed unfit.  Staff and students will be informed by emails and other notifications on when and where to report...

That is kind of a misleading title, just saying.  "Central high school unfit for students due to water" would be more on point.

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I doubt they cancel football. BISD will bring people in and have that school up and going in no time.

The type of remediation they are looking at would take months to complete. If it even takes one month, doesn't that wipe out the season for the jaguars? Can Central HS be blended between WB and Ozen and still be able to compete for Central? Lots of questions.

13 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

The type of remediation they are looking at would take months to complete. If it even takes one month, doesn't that wipe out the season for the jaguars? Can Central HS be blended between WB and Ozen and still be able to compete for Central? Lots of questions.

I would think, even if they blend the students in with the other 2 schools, they would still be considered enrolled at Central. It would only be temporary. They can still practice at Babe.

Im wondering how long this roof leak has been going on?

There are a couple of models BISD could copy in the Houston area.  Kingwood and Summer Creek are sharing a campus with each school going every other day.  They could consult with FB ISD and see what's going on with Willowridge and Marshall, which occurred before the flood.  I think they could put Central @Smith Middle with different bell schedules like they use to do at SFA.  Smith was old French and they should fit all the kids.  Another option is using Ozen's campus and go every other day and make up the days(minutes I've been told) in the Spring

Yes, old Heber/WB 9th was added on during the '98 Bond.  It holds around 1700 kids